Make New Zealand the next world update!

I’m waiting for an update to the island of New Guinea myself. Much of the region between the Baliem Valley and the PNG/Indonesia border is just blank. As in, blank textures on low-res mesh. So many cool strips here in reality!

But I shouldn’t complain, given how many excellent strips ARE in the sim. Would still love to see a NZ / New Guinea update!

1 Like

After downloading a few addons (some payware and some freeware) I am relatively happy with NZ.

In particular:

Orbx NZ Mesh (currently on special):

Aotearoa NZ Flora

NZA Simulations airfields (mostly freeware)

2 Likes

Mordor better be photogrammetry.

2 Likes

Not sure why would you got to NZ to fly over cities with all those wonderful Mountains and snow fields and Glaciers to play with :smiley:

1 Like

All Blacks will auto CTD if your PC is not worthy!

Jokes aside that’s a very interesting topography that should include drastic chops and winds if done right.

The NZ terrain gives some serious turbulence across ridgetops even in the current game.

Hey again @Fragman444, have you seen this post: Make New Zealand the next world update! - #19 by zkdos

NZ as a world update has been discussed before, and I’ve listed a whole bunch of areas that I hope Asobo see and can improve on!

Lord of the Rings shooting locations Discovery Flight !

3 Likes

“uhhhhh Qantas three eight niner caution, traffic is 3 o clock 1 mile. Type is giant eagle”

4 Likes

Same, the Orbx mesh is basically a terrain world update on its own.

As an update maybe they’d partner with Orbx or NZA on some handcrafted airports; seems like a relatively safe bet. Personally unsure what else NZ needs really, maybe a city or two in photogrammetry, throw in a couple LOTR POIs, etc. But in general I’m in agreement that I’m pretty happy with NZ - and it’s standard content, especially along with the Orbx mesh, already far outstrip so many other place in the world in the sim.

Since the update would be relatively small in comparison to other places I could see it being part of a larger, Oceania/pacific islands world update or something to that effect sometime down the line.

I hope they include all the other Pacific islands. Among places I’ve checked, Fiji and Vanuatu look worse than they did in FSX.

Mount Doom!

:slight_smile:

What about the glorious Art Deco city of Napier? There are some fantastic buildings there. I’d love to see that in photgrammetry.

1 Like

Why is this changed to “Completed” is NZ the next world update, where’s this info coming from?

No.

MS/Asobo have already announced the next world update will be Iberia.

I am talking about this one

image_2022-03-17_005648

1 Like

They are probably being pedantic and assuming it is a thread debating the “next update content” and as the next update is now decided the thread is “complete”.

The “completed” notification you received; about what time did that occur?

That may have occurred when I temporarily closed this topic to merge another topic into it. From the time I write this, this would have been about 5 hours ago.

Yes, exactly 5 hours ago - so, the mistery is solved :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!
I was not aware a “completed” notification is sent. Generally, these are sent when a topic is closed and then archived.

To be clear, this topic is open and active. :+1:

1 Like