Mandatory update deleted installed content on Xbox

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Thatā€™s why Iā€™m writing this

Brief description of the issue:

Loaded into the game this morning, was met with a mandatory update. Upon completion all my content had been uninstalled without my permission.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Turn on Xbox S.
Select Flight Simulator.
When presented with a mandatory update that you canā€™t skip, install the update.
Observe that every sim update from I -XII has uninstalled as have your livery packs and the a318 that you purchased.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Iā€™ve suffered the same issue twice in the past two days on Xbox Series X.

After first occurrence I completely removed and reinstalled the sim only for it to happen again this morning.

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

I guess you could say they removed themselves

Brief description of the issue:

I turned on my XSX this morning to do a short flight and instead discovered that EVERY SINGLE World update, Marketplace aircraft, and Top Gun DLC is uninstalled. All of it. It was all there when I shut down yesterday afternoon. After seeing it, I exited out of the game and restarted my xbox thinking it was just mistakenly showing everything as uninstalled, but after restarting, it was all still showing as uninstalled. Now Iā€™m in the process of redownloading everything for who knows how many hours, and Iā€™m obviously concerned about this happening again.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

I have same issue as OP.

I installed update yesterday and updated all content manager too.

Today i loaded in and everythingā€™s uninstalled!

3 Likes

Yes, parts of my community have the same problems!

Users report that during the loading process after launching MSFS on Xbox, the loading bar at the bottom of the screen turns red. Loading takes an extremely long time. All installed additional content has disappeared, one user reports permanent problems in this direction, despite a complete reinstallation. It can definitely not be due to missing memory!

3 Likes

Come to think of it, loading was taking so extraordinarily long this morning that I exited out and relaunched. I never saw it turn red, maybe I exited before that happened, but the blue bar was fully filled and nothing was happening so I exited out and relaunched. It launched fine after that but everything was gone.

Yikes. Iā€™m worried every time I launch Iā€™m going to lose everything all over again.

2 Likes

It was reproduced in the sense that it happened to me immediately after updating to SU12. Every single add on was missing.

The sim started up fine after installing SU12, no long load times or any other signs that something had gone wrong. MSFS was installed on my Series X storage expansion card. I moved it to internal storage to see if that was causing an issue, but content did not reappear. I am currently redownloading everything.

2 Likes

Exactly the same issue as OP.

~140GB of data deleted. SSD shows similar, so it has been removed, not moved/hidden.

2 Likes

DAY 2: Can further report that I waited over an hour for the sim to load. Even with the full blue bar, it wouldnā€™t load and I couldnā€™t wait any longer, so I quit out and started it back up. It had no problem loading the second time, becauseā€¦

Everything is gone again. :weary:

Every world update. Every marketplace purchase. All of it. Itā€™s clear that this is going to happen every time I shut down, so Iā€™m not reinstalling any of it until itā€™s fixed. Iā€™m not going to even touch the sim again until itā€™s resolved. This is essentially game-breaking. :sob:

You are correct. I checked today and it is truly uninstalling it all.

2 Likes

Yes

Xbox x, downloaded and updated SU12, updated all WU / WT packs, aircraft, airports. In market place as needed.

Next day all uninstalledā€¦

n/a

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/187570

Just seen that ticket set to Solved ā€˜donā€™t by DLC on other accountsā€™. - something I have not done. Great to see there as rubbish as always.

1 Like

All. If you are stuck in an uninstall loop. Iā€™m wondering if one of you could try this and report back if it fixes the issue.

Iā€™m wondering if a Marketplace installed content manifest file is corrupt and causing your repeated install, uninstall, install loop.

Try clearing your Reserved Space and then try installing a few items (rather than all of it, if this doesnā€™t solve the issue) and test if they stay installed.

Here is the process:
ā€¢ Press Xbox ā€œNexusā€ (aka Home) button
ā€¢ Highlight MSFS
ā€¢ Press Menu
ā€¢ Select Quit and press A
ā€¢ Press Menu
ā€¢ Select Manage game and add-ons
ā€¢ Highlight Saved Data & press A
ā€¢ Highlight Reserved Space & press A
ā€¢ Select Clear Reserved Space

Note: Clearing Reserved Space will reset a few of your sim General settings. Most are stored in the cloud, but a few are stored locally in the Reserved Space. If memory serves, it is settings like the Traffic sliders.

2 Likes

Just tried the above steps.

Cleared the data as advised.
Started sim,
It started to install deluxe and premium packs
Once they installed re-installed both WT Garmin packs and the A1 husky

Quit the program and restarted XboxX fully.

Reloaded and were still showing installed.

Only 240Gb. At 45MBits/s left to go :man_facepalming:

• Iā€™ll see if still there tomorrow when back from work.
2 Likes

Iā€™m also attempting the above suggestion. But Iā€™m only installing my 5 aircraft purchases and one world update so I donā€™t have to sit through hours of installing all the world updates. I wonā€™t be able to check it until tomorrow so I guess weā€™ll find out then.

2 Likes

For me itā€™s been a day later and the addons I re-installed are still there. Iā€™ve actually restarted the game and console several times trying to reproduce the deletion but no ā€œluckā€. The one and only change I made after getting hit with the content deletion was moving the game from the expansion card to internal storage.

Iā€™d already deleted the reserved space after this issue arised; I was prepared to uninstall/reinstall the entire program, but thought it wise to start with only the reserved 16GB first.

So far Iā€™m able to boot the game and all currently installed WUs and aircraft are usable.

Iā€™m wondering if the WASM ā€œAdd-on Supportā€ - which I was guided to upon initial launch after SU12 update completed - caused an issue. Whatever, all OK at the moment. I will, of course, update this thread if that changes.

2 Likes

All.

You may want to review this and see if this is your issue:

2 Likes

In my case I only own about 140 GB worth of marketplace content, and I never have all of it installed at once- when I was hit with the deletion I had roughly 90GB installed.

1 Like

I just experienced this issue. And itā€™s not the first time. Iā€™m on Xbox series x, I have Msfs on expansion card, 2tb, but havenā€™t looked at storage numbers in awhile. I started up Msfs yesterday, did the update, added the An2 and an220, no problems. Started today, and it said I didnā€™t have enough space and needed to remove stuff. I know I had about 1.6tb free on expansion card and about 340 gb free on external, so I just quit the app and restarted my Xbox. Started Msfs, loaded fine, went to see any updates available and saw everything was uninstalled. Running premium version of Msfs. Based on Nixon Redgraveā€™s post, I decided to move almost everything off my internal to expansion and see what numbers I get. I have a ton of addons, so Iā€™m gonna let it run overnight reinstalling a bunch of stuff and see what numbers I get, to see if DLC is actually being stored on internal rather than where Msfs installed on expansion.

1 Like

still in progess

I have a new xbox x with MSFS premium/Deluxe and just four add-ons bought from marketplace. Before this loop, it took up about 20% of drive, with all world updates installed. Now my content editor is as the one above.

as above screenshot

Same for me this morning. Downloaded the 310r and S America mesh last night. Flew the 310r around for 3 hours and went to bed. Todays my late day at work so figured get another flight in. Had the long loading screen, blue bar stuck at 100%, waited 15 minutes. Closed the sim and all installed content was gone. Reinstalled the deluxe/premium deluxe content and the 310r, everything else can download whilst at work.

Not the end of the world, was gonna do some spring cleaning on the sim this weekend. Too many aircraft and liveries that donā€™t get used nowadays.

Now if you excuse me, Iā€™m gonna go fly my 310r around a non updated world before work lol

1 Like