Marketplace (MS Store) Purchase failed due to pending transaction

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

MS Store - Marketplace purchases (buy and download, buy) fail with the message “Purchase failed due to pending transaction.” Ticket opened with ZenDesk- Request #164129. Included crash dump of the failing module. (Windows, not MSFS, MS Store purchases process correctly.) ZenDesk status is “Solved” - “This issue has been tracked in our internal bug tracker thanks to the information you provided.”

All troubleshooting steps provided by ZenDesk and Microsoft were completed with no change, purchase attempts still fail.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Make a purchase attempt in the Marketplace using my Microsoft account and my Gamertag. The failure message is displayed in about 2 seconds. NOTE: This problem is not reproducible for most accounts. This problem has been opened previously and marked “Solved”. However the “fix” solving the problem does not work for me. This indicates that two or more errors (one fixed) are using the same error message.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU 9.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

As this issue isn’t with Asobo, see this post:

1 Like

Only MSFS Marketplace purchase transactions fail. MS Store and XBOX purchase transactions work fine. Tell me how this isn’t Asobo’s problem when it is THEIR marketplace that is broken, not Microsoft’s. And there is a crash dump (sent to ZenDesk) created by FlightSimulator.exe when the Marketplace purchase transaction fails.

Yes

I’m using Xbox Series X

Happens every update, same old bug. Just quit using the marketplace.

yes

“Purchase failed due to pending transaction.”

ok

Hi,

Is there a fix for this market place bug? I have had the “Another transaction is pending…” within the market place for a few weeks now. I had attempted to make a purchase but it failed for some reason and now I cannot make any purchases at all. I have tried all the fixes suggested but nothing works. I have logged a request with the helpdesk but there has been only a generic response which solves nothing…

Do you have any Windows updates that are either pending or failed? There have been some Windows problems that break Marketplace transactions.

in the very beginning of MSFS2020, that problem already existed. in order to make Market place work, you have to start/launch the game NOT as an administrator. just double click the icon, and start the game normally. DO NOT run as an administrator. And Marketplace should function properly again.

I have started game as administrator and not as administrator, neither worked.

Tried a friends account as log in, same transaction pending was present on my computer with his account

Have all relevant updates on windows 11

Logged out and back in multiple times

Re-installed the game

I am at a loss to understand what the problem is and how to fix it

I’m not sure what you mean by “revenant” updates. I had two Windows updates that continually failed their installation. I did not consider these two updates as relevant or needed. I tried to remove these updates from the install queue without success. I had to remove Windows and install it fresh to fix my Marketplace issue.

Sorry that was a typo! Should have been “relevant”. I have installed every update, optional update etc. I haven’t had any windows update fail to install properly.

There are at least 5 or 6 different reasons why purchase transactions fail. The error message doesn’t help because some issues are caused by MSFS, some by Windows, and some by the purchase authorization vendor.

It sounds like you’ve tried everything possible. I don’t have any other suggestions…

It took me about two weeks of digging through multiple Windows logs, forums, and support desks to identify and fix my particular problem which was probably very unique. I had two failed Windows updates for about two months, the same time purchase transactions started failing. I discovered that a Windows .dll was not working properly causing many things to break besides Windows updates and Marketplace purchases.

Every attempt to “fix” it was blocked by Windows Protection Services. The only Microsoft solution was to format my hard drives and start fresh because Windows Protection Services couldn’t be unlocked. Or just not use the Marketplace.

I hope you have better success finding a solution.

Thanks all for your help! Help desk got back to me and they have cancelled the previous transaction on their end so that should fix it hopefully! Will check in a couple of days when I get back from a work trip.

yes

I have found that this bug is 100% replicable, the main parameter being that you are in a “quick resume” session and/or have had the game minimised while returning to the xbox dashboard

Yes.

I’ve restarted PC, logged out of FS, closed FS, opened FS… same problem.

Please check this topic for troubleshooting steps.

I’m not sure if this might be the solution to the problem, I read somewhere on the internet that to purchase online within the sim on the market place, it’s important to launch the sim „normally“, not as admin. I personally had this problem and solved it this way. Hope this helps?

I have the same problem, I followed the suggested procedures to solve the problem, checked my account and there were no purchases pending, uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Store and XBox even changed my payment method but I still get the error message in red. I opened a zendesk ticket 205413 they eventually told me to contact Microsoft support which is easier said than done.