Massive gusts near the ground, throwing the aircraft around

Today, with live weather on, there have been massive gusts, literally tossing the aircraft about. Trees etc. are shaking like crazy. This happens very near to the ground, like under 1000 feet or so. Even the oceans have massive waves.

In the screenshot below, the waves are visible. The screenshot was taken while my aircraft was being thrown around by the monstrous winds. This is happening everywhere.

Same happend to me 10 min ago after departing with A320 in EDDV … instantly after takeoff plane was hit by +200kt Gusts; 1-2 seconds later everything fine.

Yes i observed shaking trees before takeoff … thought that ît is the first time i recognize something like this …was checking the metar and taf if there is something to pay attention to… no word about gusts up to 200kt^^

2 Likes

That’s interesting considering there are no gusts in live weather besides thermal drafts and whatnot. The developers even admitted gusts are broken in the current build and won’t return until SU10+

I was hit with winds over 200Knots!! My aircraft was tossed like a ball on short final, and fell from the sky, after turning upside down twice. And METAR says, winds of 12Knots, lol

Yes, for the first time I saw the trees swaying so wildly.

200 knots, no buddy. My planted trees are still there! :stuck_out_tongue:

Heading towards Innsbruck now … could be a nice ride down among the moutains…

1 Like

Imagine get throwing into the mountains on your right!

LOWI 270720Z VRB02KT 9999 FEW040 17/11 Q1022 NOSIG

I dont know if “variable wind direction” was simulated like it happend today … wind constantly moves around the compas rose

Blips in weather have happened like this before. I remember documenting once incident where there was a band a few hundred feet up with ~700kt winds.

I just found the post. ATC reports winds at 1350kts. :slight_smile:

Exactly this, but upwards of 200Knots.

Same here… Giant waves and wind.
While i was trying to check the weather, it hit me so hard. Look At that like a kite :kite:

2 Likes

Those trees are going to cause bad dreams!! :smiley:

Crashed on approach to JFK, plane just got flipped and dumped into the ground about 3NM out.

Maybe a heads up that gusts are coming in su10 :slight_smile: I would recommend everyone practice some gusty winds in custom weather pre release of su10. Gusts will really change the way we approach on landings. Will not feel like on rails anymore. Really going to need to fight those gusts in bad weather :slight_smile: I hope they implement them well.

1 Like

Logged as Bug Number One here:

Your linked thread talks about missing gusts. And the Feedback Snapshot is referring to wrong representation of weather.
This thread though is about 200kt gusts which is definitely not a common issue but seems to have started this morning zulu time.

Many people on Fenix Discord reported the same issue. There are streamers that have it on tape and it certainly is nowhere as harmless as the known issues are. It simply drops you out of the sky (if the overstress doesn’t break it first).

See here as well (1:43:00 if the timecode doesn’t work):

Yeah, this is not gusts. It’s a bug that caused that. Well it’s really is live-weather. It was happening for all of the live-weather users at the same time right?

Seems like it.
Does anyone have happened it to them in the last hour or so? The reports were all in a quite short timeframe.

Someone who know the exact zulu-time when it happened? I was flying at 08:26Z. I was on final at that time at EHAM airport. No sudden change in winds. Have not flown after that landing.