Might be time to abandon MSfS

Hi everyone. I was so excited for the release of this sim,built new computer,got a yoke,rudder pedals, airbus throttle. The sim has almost become unpleasant to TRY to fly. If we don’t see any fixes soon,I think I may go back to fsx with all my Orbx add ons. Sure this 2020 sim looks better but fsx was much more enjoyable to fly. Please help us Asobo!

16 Likes

Not leaving. Just frustrated.

9 Likes

I’ve parked it for now. CTDs were the primary reason, but lots of secondary annoyances too. I just lost the desire to bother with it. I’m hopeful that the next year brings stability and subtle improvements.

8 Likes

I always knew that the game was very new and expected problems from the start but I myself feel that I’d rather the programmers of this game look at the problems not try to improve the looks you don’t expect to spend the money that we do, and then get frustrated and worried about whether the next minute it’s going to crash.
It’s a great game but I’ve never spent so much time saving my flight just in case it crashes and when you do restore it it doesn’t restore it back to the original flight plan you have to readjust your height your navigation and at the end of it you’re not sure whether you’re going to be on the right flight path into it an landing procedure.
If nothing else I should be able to make sure that when you save a game It restores to the same settings instead of losing the fundamental parts of your flight plan.
It’s great to have 2 million members playing the game but if you don’t get the fundamentals right you won’t have them for long until something else comes along and they drift away to something else of interest to them.

But I suppose you’ll be okay you’ve got them in money by then.

And lastly it’s extremely frustrating that you’ve been flying for an hour and a half for it to crash and then when you reinstall the same flight and fly onto to your destination you’ve get in your logbook only the time from the start of your restore its time that they let us adjust our own log book To adjust the difference for their inability to ensure the game doesn’t crash​:exploding_head::exploding_head:

2 Likes

I feel you here.
Until last update, I was listening others, saying it’s a young project, we all have to be patient, etc… But each update they introduce new bugs, and we have to count on modders to correct their errors. And now they are even telling us to dig into files to manually reduce the numbers they made wrong… I’m fed up. Really. At the time of FSX I was editing lots of files to improve things and it was fun by the time. Now it’s tedious.

And how am I changing numbers in encrypted files, with add-on that are broken each time.
I was so happy to be able to fly the longitude, now it’s parked like it was during the first months.
What makes me really angry are not the bugs but the way the say “we don’t care, wait till next update”. Really, that’s so commercial and fair from you guys. And wait for what? New bugs?

Fortunately I didn’t invest any money in new hardware, mine is powerful enough to run this mess. But I can understand the frustration of people that have bought new rigs for that. Be happy people, you are able to run any games with no problem at all. But not this one for sure.

8 Likes

Likewise :wink:

I just checked the forums to see what the experience of WU3 has been. Given the download loop that has been present since day one, the host of fundemental bugs (example, 10 degree heading / HID bugs) and the attitude from the Devs and tech support (work arounds are better than fixes) I’v uninstalled and gone back to xp11.

The choice is either spend a weekend trying to update while in a download loop while getting really annoyed they have not fixed a core issue that affects this software and this software alone … or go back to good ole xp11 and enjoy a flight or two (being able to utilise my honeycomb as intended with no fuss).

I’ll try again next year, maybe.

4 Likes

I’d say just keep it and put it aside for now if that’s how you feel. I’m with you on this in many regards, I’m now waiting for the fix to the flaps and ground effect issue. But thankfully I also had bought X-Plane 11, mostly cause id read people say it had the most accurate flight model. Yesterday I bought XPRealistic V2 and holy cow it’s amazing, very much enjoying it. The graphics are outdated but can be upgraded with Ortho4XP and other add-ons but it really is a pain to have to work to improve the looks. But I’m very much enjoying X-Plane for now and am very much looking forward to playing MSFS again. I did checkout the new London scenery but my framerate was like 10-14fps, was just too choppy to be enjoyable and the photogrammetry was all melted.

Anyhow, point is there nothing wrong with having more than one Sim. Go back to FSX for now or try another. Or get DCS. Big world out there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i haven’t played much because i want VR performance vastly improved before i start playing a little more. I considered purchasing xplane and finding some nice plane to buy just to get my tubeliner fix but honestly nothing beats the visuals of FS2020

So here i am happily waiting

Well, I get a bit frustrated in how much “Attention” seems to be given to the “Market Place” and all these ADDONS when the basic core sim is still suffering from things that do not work correctly for a “Simulator”.
It is frustrating when you have to wade through discussions about ADDON functionality when some of the basic “In Sim” aircraft still do not function correctly.
Personally, I am not adding a single “Addon” until all the basic functions of the Simulator are working correctly. Maybe all the $$$ flowing through the Market Place to the MSFS folks have dulled their attention span and narrowed their focus on the CORE Product.

7 Likes

If I had quit flying sims since starting MSFS decades ago, because of problems, I probably would have found another hobby. I could spend hours and hours talking about the problems I had, but I stuck with it, and gradually it got better and better. Take Xplane, in its early years, it looked like and flew like garbage. People hung around, stuck with it, and gradually it improved. It is still a work in progress. MSFS has only been out for months. It will only get better.

3 Likes

Yea, whatever happened to February’s 11 update?

I’m glad you’re optimistic.

I rfemember when MS flight came out. As a Pilot in real life, I thought the flight model was so much better than either FSX or XP. But the simming community whined and whined and complained about this , that , and the other thing. The result of all that, MS shut it down, end of story.

2 Likes

What year was that?

I’m afraid the flight problem introduced in the World Update 3 has frustrated me even more than the bugs in previous updates, and combined with the lack of improvement in the basic Sim has caused me to rethink the amount of time I spend on Fs2020.

The last couple of days I’ve spent more time on X-plane than Fs2020, and with the sun showing itself in the UK, the garden is beckoning. Both of these so much more relaxing than sorting out problems caused by Asobo.

2 Likes

The trouble is these comments are not really helping. I think the community realizes a couple of things.

1. The development teams do not have enough flight experience particularly within QA.
  2. The patch release process doesn’t allow reconciliation of third party products prior to release.

Both issues are being addressed by Asobo.

Jorg has stated they are growing the QA and flight awareness capability in the team in the Q&A sessions and the beta testing process is in the middle of being setup by Asobo and hopefully should be with us soon.

Right now the best assistance we can give is to keep raising these issues as Zendesk tickets which we know are looked at by the development teams and slowly but surely the product will get better.

1 Like

2012 Flight was shut down.

Exactly what I’m doing since Tuesday : put it aside. But unlike you I’m just taking a break for all flight simming activities since I can’t get back to other sims.
But I use this free time to go back to other games I let down since few years, like Elite Dangerous, Kerbal Space Program for example :)… I forgot how both are relax and chill experience in both different ways. Now I’m flying in space and have all galaxy to play with, so yeah, I can wait :slight_smile:

1 Like

you can still download and play it…
but i am having great fun with msfs. best bushflying ever.

I have not experienced problems. I’m not sure what the reason is.

I have a fairly powerful system so those problems that are related to users system resources have not shown up, and, I fly only the C172, my thing is to do very realistic procedures that I would do in real life.

Si the issues that users have because. Their third party add ons don’t work don’t affect me
Either.

In my view, these are the two most frequent reasons for the sim to not behave well and both are due to the users system and add ons.

Now, there are issues within the sim that affect all of us , to me those are minor (taxiway placement, ATC being subpar, and the issue with the flaps that just came in, for which I just went into the CFg and changed the flaps number as recommended by Asobo.

2 Likes