Milviz 80-R-72 WIP Previews

This is also something I would be quite keen to see in the Milviz ATR and something we can talk further about on the beta discord @anon50268670. Navigraph/Simbrief work really nicely as a flight planning application and allow one to export either a operational brief file that can be read by the likes of the Flybywire FMS and is seamlessly integrated, or exported as just a straight .PLN file which MSFS can also read and upon loading can have waypoints sequenced in most FMS or GPS interfaces. I think its a must have for the ATR personally, or if not, having the MCDU interface available on a tablet that talks to the sim for tactile key pushing to enter routes rather than having to hover and click with the mouse.

4 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: Milviz helpdesk

Gentle people… please, let’s keep this civil… and about the ATRRRRRRRR…

Thanks.

5 Likes

Gladly. So… Can we have more pics? :star_struck:

2 Likes

Please don’t take away the opportunity to use the MSFS flightplanner and ATC. It works very well for IFR despite what some here say. I don’t wanna be forced into some outside flightplanner I don’t wanna use. If you take it away maybe I will wait for Asobos ATR.

1 Like

Closing this topic temporarily for flag handling…

Edit: Moved out off-topic posts and openend again.

1 Like

When we hit beta, we will assess how we are going to deal with Flight Planning.

That said, we probably (unfortunately?) can’t use the default system as it doesn’t have most of the necessary stuff to do a proper flight plan.

We will advise once we hit beta.

2 Likes

Good stay far away from anything default.

4 Likes

Music to my ears. You got a definite buy from me!

I guess for those who want to use the default ATC, you could still create a flight plan using the default flight planner to keep the ATC in the loop and then manually punch the real flight plan into the FMS or use whatever kind of simbrief import function MilViz comes up with? Or is that not how it works?

That’s kind of what I’ve done in the past. But generally I don’t use the ATC at all anymore. VATSIM, PilotEdge, or nothing for me. Makes a world of difference using real controllers, even if I’m not good at it AT ALL yet.

1 Like

I use my own mod, its realistic enough for me with these improvements. But I have been a radiotelephony instructor and can practice all I want in the real world, so I don’t need any of this real controller stuff. The latter could indeed be more realistic if these controllers know what they are doing and stick to correct phraseology.

Anyway, back to ATR…

2 Likes

The ATC has no clue of what it is doing, no SIM has good ATC and at the moment MSFS still has the best

If you want the best it is online or invest in something like Pilot2Atc which is amazing and I prefer it at times to online as you will always have ATC as it’s an app running bon your PC.

For anybody who really wants to enrich their experience, ignore the ATC get navigraph sub or get a set of charts and fly using the charts following the alt and speed restrictions on the charts and just be your own ATC, that will be far more realistic and immersive then the ATC in the SIM.

1 Like

No offline option offers European or ICAO standard phraseology to my knowledge, or its just really bad if that is supposed to be ICAO phraseology. I have seen Youtube videos of P2A, nice if you are in FAA-land, not when you are in EASA-land (or anywhere else they don’t use FAA phraseology for that matter).

But lets take that to a different thread and not further de-rail this one. The point has been made, some people want to keep using default ATC when flying the ATR.

Edit: just checked the P2A manual, it would not be immersive at all to use this anywhere outside US / Canada, its using FAA phraseology which (unfortunately) is quite different from ICAO phraseology used almost anywhere else in the world.

Wow, this looks great! I was unaware of this mod. Can’t wait to try it out.

Thanks! :+1:

Do you even enjoy flight simming after all that ? Lol.
I was crazy on my motorbike at 20 rolling at above 270 km/h , doing wheelies and stoppies, donuts … you name it … but ■■■■ my pants on my 3 flights I did in real life (Cessna 182 and 172). And that was only straight level flying lol (always on a bumpy and turbulent summer day)

Hats :tophat: off to you Mr. pilot :man_pilot: :smile: :clap:

1 Like

Yeah euro stuff is a problem. But all I am saying is I would rather have effective ATC even in US standards then the in SIM ATC which sometimes think’s my A320 or CRJ is a 152, or thinks mountains dont exist, or Descend to FL200 followed by Climb to FL380, or weird vectors 60 NM away from the airport when I am at the assigned platform ALT.

I rather have no ATC at all. FAA phraseology in Europe is too big of an immersion killer.

2 Likes