Milviz 80-R-72 WIP Previews

If you Google there is enough to find on the ATR -600, its not easy to find the FCOM online in the EDORA format, but FCTM and Systems manuals circulate on the internet.

1 Like

Any chance of an update @Krazycolin ?

We’re doing weekly alpha builds. 5 coders. 2 modelers, 2 painters. Work is ongoing.

20 Likes

WIP: Pseudos

ATR-FMS

12 Likes

WIP External shot!

18 Likes

Looks super good! I hope we are lucky and we can get it early 2022 but I can wait for this gem :smiley:

I hope this awesome aircraft comes to Xbox at some point. I’m also very curious how it will compare to the Asobo ATR which should have a much greater level of complexity than the default aircraft.

1 Like

The only way it would be on Xbox is if MS/Asobo fixes the problem with WASM.

As for the Asobo ATR, no comment…

1 Like

And one wonders why they went with WASM in the first place given all the trouble it’s giving them…

3 Likes

Yes… one does wonder this… all the time.

4 Likes

I’m patiently waiting.

The bug list is being whittled down… we have 5 devs working on this.

15 Likes

Lol I check this topic almost every day for updates. Along with the Discord.

The ATR is my favourite aircraft and this is my most anticipated aircraft for MSFS. I used to love flying the Flight 1 ATR back in FS2004.

6 Likes

Microsoft apparently fears for security if they were to allow native C++ modules to be included…Kinda ridiculous but anyways…

3 Likes

Given the fact that most people download any mod without even checking, I think it makes a a lot of sense to sandbox code execution.

3 Likes

I think the point is you can just as easily sandbox C++ applications, too, no? And there are other, better, ways of running even WASM code is what other developers have told me. I don’t think people are complaining so much about the sandboxing as they are about the very poor implementation of WASM code that Asobo is using. It’s extremely frustrating to not be able to develop gauges because their implementation doesn’t work.

1 Like

That’s mostly because a lot of devs have legacy gauges written in C++ (where C++ is not the best fit for in the first place). For gauges and other 2D stuff HTML/JS actually make a lot of sense. As extra sandboxing ability they added WASM.

Sure you probably get C++ sandboxing to work, but you would have to write a completely new virtualization engine and compiler in order to get there. Choosing WASM from a development perspective makes a lot of sense.

Now, is the current implementation without its flaws? Of course not. There are a lot of improvements needed, but as a framework concept, there’s not much wrong with it, IMO

5 Likes

Well, that may be the case for some developers. However, a lot of the developers I have discussed this with are saying the WASM implementation is just plain not working, lots of bugs, and poorly implemented. Nothing to do with C++.

1 Like

This, sadly, is the case. Badly implemented, barely supported and horrible to work with. Not a smart move. Rewriting code isn’t the issue. It’s trying to make it work within these…”restrictions”…

4 Likes

If only they could draw upon the knowledge of some software company that has extensive experience in crafting APIs to sit between software and OS software/hardware…

3 Likes