MilViz PC-6 Pilatus Porter Released

Well as he said, microsoft does have a drm too so, even if you buy it on the marketplace you’ll have to deal with some drm, no need to argue, if people were not 10iq to steal work of everybody, this wouldn’t be necessary, but eh it’s the word we’re living in sadly.

4 Likes

Sure, you are right. Or it will lead to people not buying it. As the marketplace is not the greatest either at the moment. And I am quite sure the number of people not buying it because of DRM is smaller than the people who would have pirated otherwise. So all good for MilViz.
I wish 'em the best of luck! Honestly. But I do not want to see the repercussions down the road, when you have x activators, y downloaders and z security programs to fly a plane in a sim.

2 Likes

You say “FYI, this isn’t Beta”, but your website states “Let’s do the beta!”.

Which is correct? I don’t really fancy paying $29.99 for something which hasn’t been released.

4 Likes

Beta as in put the prop in Beta ^^

3 Likes

And about this, no doubt. But please do not insult our intelligence. It is mere coincidence that it comes to the market, half done, not compatible with the NXi just around the same time FSG announce to be almost done? Please. And also I am all for it, competition is good for the customer. It just fell short. That is all. Or maybe it didn’t. We can only say, when the other one’s released.
But claiming that was planned to be released like this from the beginning really stretches it.

11 Likes

This sounds a bit disingenuous.

I appreciate the efforts done by FSG. As a new developer, they’re doing what appears to be a great job, but they have not said that they’re almost done.

As a matter of fact, they have the interior modeling and texturing still to do, and they said explicitly that there’s still a lot of work to be done, so you’re basing your perception on an incorrect assumption.

4 Likes

I guess we have to agree to disagree here. I am judging by the usual quality MilViz stuff is at release. And this release really does not look like the experience I had with them so far at all. So I come to the assumption it is competitior pressure. And I would totally get it. It’s a business and you have to make decisions to keep everyone employed. Also I get that emotions are riding high and I enjoy that the developer identifies with his product. So there is no need to make up reasons. All I am saying.

Maybe I am not right. But I am yet to be convinced :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you actually do not know what Beta mode is for a prop - you seriously should reconsider buying this aircraft as it is probably one of the key features of the addon.

3 Likes

I’m fairly sure that they can learn after buying the addon. No one is born learned. That’s an absolutely innocent misunderstanding and I’m fairly sure nowhere in the marketing of this aircraft that says “for experienced pilots only.”

4 Likes

I now see they were intending to refer to beta range.
If they’d said that then it’d have made more sense. But they didn’t.

3 Likes

Understandable.

Nevertheless that still is a security risk for many people to have many different DRMs installed. Also I for once won’t buy from the marketplace because the updates take far too long and the DRM encrypt aircraft.cfg and flightmodel.cfg files.
Since modding is such an essential part of flight simming I think encrypting cfg files is a no-go

I expect you as a long-time addon dev to be in contact with many other devs, right?

What would you think about the option to band together and all use the same kind of DRM that still allows modding the cfg files?

7 Likes

As much as I like this aircraft for strip flying, I won’t be taking them up on it. I bought their offering for FSX/P3D and have never been able to get it to work in VR (just endless CTDs that I have never had with any other aircraft in those sims). I continued with Piglet’s excellent freeware model instead.

Shame, but there it is.

2 Likes

Will the marketplace version have all the features for this aircraft?

1 Like

Three developers (Milviz, JustFlight and PMDG) are day 1 purchases.

Just purchased. TQVM for the new toy.

1 Like

No way I am letting a DRM program running in the background. In addition, the sudden release without any teaser beforehand is really suspect. I guess it is due to the FSG PC6 being released in a matter of weeks.
I will definitely go for the FSG version. I simply can’t agree with running a DRM program in the background all the time.

3 Likes

Could the DRM be used to check the plane is a legitimate purchase when the sim starts up, or your flight starts, then terminate after?

1 Like

The Corsair is great in VR - no crashs here!
Highly recommended!!

Without all the unnecessary drama it just boils down to a 3rd party DRM program I will not install and the shoddy Marketplace in MSFS which updates every second moon or so…

It probably would be wise to wait and to compare both Porters before crying havoc.

I am new to MilViz, but they did a great job with the Corsair! Sadly, upcoming military planes will come without weapons on the Marketplace - so this will leave me out as a customer.

2 Likes

Thinking about getting it but the lack of NXi support is really putting me off, will it still work fine with NXi installed? I’m not messing around with deleting and reinstalling addons just for an aircraft that another developer is working on anyway.

Come on please people, Stay nice to each other. :relieved:Milviz brings us great add-ons, in the past, now, and will in the future. Also their customer service is one of the best :+1: So give them some credits. They deserve it.

Ps about their choice of security, they are so right. Like they said, their Corsair was already pirated so fast. Its a lot of money what is stolen from them every day.
And i know for sure they don’t like this situation also.

Greetings Matthias from FSVisions.nl

Sound developer freeware H135 and upcoming freeware H145 soundpack

5 Likes

To be fair, looking at the offering I’m more interested in the Stage 2 release. If this were a strategic decision to beat FSG to release, that’s fine.