MilViz PC-6 Pilatus Porter Released

If the DRM ever gets removed I will be buying this ASAP. Too many bad experiences not being able to use the product I’ve bought (especially years later). Its really too bad because I love the Corsair (actually bought it twice) and was really looking forward to having all the Milviz aircraft for this sim :frowning:

2 Likes

That seems fine. As the NXi develops, it will hopefully become more compatible as time goes on. :ok_hand:

Hello everyone, first of all my congratulations to Miviz for getting the Porter PC6 to MFS, I was surprised to see him so soon and I expected him for much later, but well he’s already here and there are certainly some topics to talk about.
First of all, I loved to fly this plane, I really liked its flight physics, ground handling and take-off and landing. It has seemed to me a unique avion that does not resemble the others or the generics and this certainly makes it attractive.
We can never talk about that a product that is launched is a finished product, but it certainly seemed to me a somewhat early version for its cost. Something that has partly upset me but that I will support if I see that they really care about it, they regularly release updates to fix bugs and complete the work in addition to adding new features. I think that’s what all of us who decided to buy it think and I hope that this will be a fruitful relationship for both developers and users. My support for the moment is there, no doubt. I hope to see that progress and updates are not delayed.
Finally, I must say that like other users, the aesthetic aspect has not convinced me too much. The textures in general are of a rather reduced quality, I would say that they have not received any treatment since their version of P3D, very flat textures, to a fairly low resolution and without pbr effects in most of the avion, I share a bit of the opinion of the fellow who complained about rivets, and is that with a higher resolution and a good pbr texture a lot is gained. So I hope to see improvement in this aspect in future updates, as for the price one expects you to look your best and take advantage of the potential in this aspect of MFS.

Yes, it will uncompress on your desktop, then just move the dir where you need

The NXI works with this product. It’s just missing the engine pages and the AP shows 99999 feet on some stuff…

Otherwise, it’s fine.

For the DRM, there are many ways to look at it I guess. But for now, this is the plan.

2 Likes

Please, show where you find the textures low rez…

We quadrupled them from the P3D version but didn’t use decals for rivets or dirt and we won’t as it limits the wear n tear feel of our products.

Has anyone tried to hot start this?

1 Like

Personally, I don’t care about the NXI, as I don’t like G1000 at all. I’m hoping JayDee will add this to his GTN750 Mod.

Today is a really great day - first Aerosoft released Antarctica, which I find really awesome, now Milviz put out their port of the PC-6. I just took my first flight with it from Rothera-Station airfield and I am blown away - this PC-6 looks just great and sounds even better! I couldnt be happier with this purchase - kudos to Milviz!

(one question though: while flying I thought that there was some very low volume music playing?!? Or was it wind howling? Gee… I am not sure if I am getting crazy and hearing things which do not exist or if this is a feature?!?)

Ah, regarding the WASM helper service (DRM): I dont care about it, I fully understand developers trying to protect themselves. As more good stuff is coming from Milviz its perfectly fine for me.

2 Likes

I was about the buy it, until I read about the DRM. I’m not a fan of such tools that do something I don’t know. I trust the intentions of the devs, but reading this thread, I’m not alone in this.

I do understand the issues with piracy, but I think a very large number of people would have never bought the plane instead of stealing it.

4 Likes

I am blown away by Milviz Porter. Milviz did not disappoint.

My only issue has nothing to do with Milviz… the porter is so slow!

1 Like

Put this in the questions for upcoming dev Q&A. And create a feature request we can vote on. I will vote on it right away.

No, just a much MUCH larger player base. I have no problem w/ some DRM. I trust MVZ.

1 Like

WIth planes yes. With developing a secure network component? Not so much.

5 Likes

Still having the exact same installer issue over 2 hours later, I give up, this was a waste of money.

1 Like

Well there are plenty of cheap bargain basement aircraft around if that is your thing. With the current Orbx sale the Optica is down to $10 or so for example. Also lots of freeware and port overs.

No one is making you buy from the quality developers, you have a choice.

2 Likes

It’s not a beta version. Beta implies that it’s broken in some way. It’s not. It works. Sheesh.

And yes, it will be more expensive when stage 2 is released.

We have expert network and DRM developers on our team….

We’re considering removing the DRM but we’d need all of you to promise not to pirate it… right?

9 Likes

They don’t. Essentially every addon is pirated already.

I’d buy it without it in an instant yes. With it, no,

2 Likes

I don’t have an issue. Happy to have have my Covid vaccination, happy enough to have DRM.

4 Likes

Hey all, as someone who actually purchased this I want to say there’s nothing about this that feels “unfinished.” Other than not having a steam gauge option yet which is planned, this addon is rock solid. The DRM has not caused me any headache or hardship.

THAT SAID, as a fan of this addon with no regrets purchasing it, I do believe calling the DRM the “MilViz WASM Helper” is disingenuous. There’s no indication of what it does until you read the manual. I also find it disconcerting that it runs 24/7. It only takes up ~7-8MB of RAM, but what is it doing? Why does it need to always be running? Can closing the sim trigger it to end? Can loading this specific plane trigger it to start? I’m guessing the answer to those is no, but I’m just stating what I think bothers so many. It feels like some kind of bloatware. We have to take your word that all it does is somehow confirm the product is genuine. How is it even doing that? (Edit: I mean obviously you can’t explain how it works or it could be circumvented, kind of a devil’s advocate question.)

Again, I don’t personally care that much about the DRM but just offering a hopefully constructive perspective of why DRM is alarming to many.

3 Likes