MilViz PC-6 Pilatus Porter Released

I find this discussion about DRM pretty boring. Just don’t buy the add-on it if you don’t like it. It’s up to the developers/publishers to choose which alternative is better for them – lost sales because of implemented DRM or lost sales because lack of it. You won’t force their hand by filling up the forum with complaints about the DRM, or provide anyone extra information about the add-on. We already know it’s a copy protected product, as this information is kindly provided for everyone at their store page:

This product has a DRM implementation that uses a window based service. This service must be running whilst using the product.

We do not collect any personal information, nor do we effect or affect the system in any way shape or form by the use of this service.

I’m sure if you run into problems with the DRM despite this claim, they’ll provide support for you. Peace.

2 Likes

You have my word, if it counts for anything. :+1:

Which it doesn’t because you don’t know me from Adam, but you have it all the same!

For me, if it really is a service I will simply set the service to manual, start the service when MSFS starts, then stop it again when it stops. QED

I kinda want to do a test now to see if it sets off various EDR

Amazing lil bird! Absolutely love it!

PS
Do not blame devs for DRM, blame your fellows pilots (or yourself in some cases), who loves to get stuff without spending a cent
Cheers

7 Likes

Pretty much. But the punishment for their bad behaviour hits me, not them. It will be pirated anyway and I have to have this piece of DRM on my PC.

1 Like

it is not engineered to hit someone or something, it’s created to protect people’s efforts, time and knowledge, at least for some time

UPD
Also as far as I know dudes from asobo promised to incorporate their drm for stuff in MP
So… good luck to fight it :rofl:

It hits the security of my system. Some unaudited network component done by someone without credentials for it. And that is ALWAYS running. This is a security risk.
This is like grounding your son because your daughter stayed out late.

3 Likes

Well, if you’re head of pentagon, then you’re probably should be worried. But if you are regular dude like majority of us - you’ll be ok.
Unless some sort of paranoid behavior has a place here, then only good psychologist can help, and it’s not cheap nowadays :rofl:
Saying so I’m finishing drm theme, it’s flight sim forum after all. peace

Would like to know how the Porter behaves on the ground during Takeoff. Some planes, i guess due to the way ASOBO updated things, some planes are more or less uncomtrollable during Takeoff

And are there any planes to implement the GTN750?
As a Premium pms user that woulf be a consideration.

I have been working in this area for a long time now. And you’d be surprised how many normal people are part of a bot network, a bitcoin remote mining operation and what have you without being none the wiser. Because they had software that could be attacked. One case was a plugin for a popular game. There is nothing you need a psychologist for.
All it takes is for the endpoint to be compromised, a bug in the SERVICE that is running on your system, and there you go. Someone else, who is not supposed to be having access has it. The story repeats itself quite often.

11 Likes

Exactly, totally agree! It is bit about this developer specific, but more a principal issue with ‘tools’ like this. It just creates potential vulnerabilities you don’t want.

Actually guys, I’m kinda know the answer but would like to be sure - are you somehow related to this project or in near future we might have two amazing versions of Swiss Army Knife?

Instant buy.

3 Likes

So, what’s this plane like to fly then? (should rename this thread, so little about the model in it)

How close to real flight dynamics is it, take-off roll, climb, stalls, approach, landing with and without beta; is there anyone with any experience with the real thing?

What about the soundscape, does it model relative position and react to the prop loading, internal rattles, etc?

Just wondering.

4 Likes

Unrelated project, but one to definitely keep your eye on as well! These look like they will be quite different takes on the Porter.

1 Like

But if you are regular dude like majority of us - you’ll be ok.

as someone who was raised by a hacker and works in the tech field this couldn’t be more naive

seriously, people should try to educate themselves on just how open most people leave themselves.

3 Likes

Removal of DRM is the only way I’d consider buying and would likely get if removed as even if say have experts, it’s clear as a community we don’t trust DRM and with very good cause.

You are loosing sales by having DRM, you won’t lose nearly as many due to pirates as they won’t pay anyway!

2 Likes

Same, if the DRM disappeared by the time I get out of work I will most likely purchase today

2 Likes

how the info who was your daddy related to the plane?

1 Like

Totally agree with you.

I definitely won’t be buying this either with the online DRM. Another lost sale.

I’m guessing the Cessna 310 will also have this DRM as well and I will be also giving this a miss too.

4 Likes