Missing toolbar after loading saved flight

Why is this issue not being addressed ?

No change after 40th anniversary update

Will this major fault ever be sorted out - does anyone know anything about this - when this might be addressed ?

It seems that this is being ignored on purpose every time an update comes out, but the developers do know about it

You can only play the game now taking off and landing with say a 100 mile distance involved

But if you want to fly from London to Rome - you cannot do this now in 1 visit of playing the game as it will take too long - due to the fact if you save the game at an airport 100 miles from London, and then load the game a few days later - it is impossible to carry on with this flight plan - due to the fact you cannot load the toolbar after loading the saved flight

What are peoples fixes around this ?

Thanks

3 Likes

Hello,

some solution is on Forum somewhere, pls try find it, really I donā€™t know where it was but it is possible with change fields inside situation file.

Itā€™s going to be difficult to find this fix I think from a search on the forum

Anyway, long distance flight plans are off the table now, and can only take off and land at places 100 miles apart

Which is a real shame as flight sim photographs the whole world, but you can only fly in one part of the world at any one time - and flying from one part of the world to a different part of the world is definitely not possible - because of this fault - as for example flying from London to Dubai would involve lots of places you want to land at for each stage - and not being able to load a saved flight to get the toolbar makes this impossible now

That solution is PC only as involves file editing. Above shows Xbox tag for this post.

Yes I am looking how you get round this problem on Xbox

Just wish that it could get fixedā€¦ā€¦

I am unable to get to i n GAME UI after loading can anyone say where this fix was posted

The attitude from ā€œsupportā€ and devā€™s seems to be to use Resume, that should be good enough for you!

Please, someone share how to communicate with ATC without toolbar which is bugged. I tried to use radio, but after insert ATC numberchannel still cant communicate. Maybe someone could share any guide or something?

I have the same problem and in addition an easy to solve bug is not solved since many years After saving a flight and reloading, the plane has a wrong flight state. Saving at parking position, engines are shut down, after reloading, the position is at the runway with running engines I featured out that it is a wrong saved flight state into the .flt file, and it is really a shame, that such essential bugs not solved since starting 2020.

2 Likes

I hope I wonā€™t get flagged ā€œoff topicā€ again;

After 2 yearsā€¦same bugsā€¦No Menu bar no interactive sim control like Slew mod with loaded flights ā€¦PC fresh install.

Same problem here. I want to keep the sim as real as possible. So, i want to start with my airplane where i put this in the last flight in the state as i left it behindā€¦ That should do the saving option of a certain flight. I hope this will be fixed soon because my intention of using the sim is not like i would like to have itā€¦

1 Like

ā€œYou can only play the game now taking off and landing with say a 100 mile distance involvedā€
No way.You must be able to fly a longer distance.I do it all the times.In a similar case I would think of reinstalling the game.
I am on PC and donā€™t know how xbox works but,in the forum ,Iā€™ve found a workaround for the missing dropdown toolbar when loadind a saved .flt file .

On a keyboard press ā€œYā€ to enable SLEW MODE
then ā€œF4ā€ to go up a feew feets
then ā€œF1ā€ to return on ground
then ā€œYā€ again to deactivate the slew.
You should be able to use the tool bar now.It worked for me.

This a common complaint on Xbox so pc fix will not work.

Tried it on Xbox and though have toggle slew set on controller it would not turn on loaded save.

Quit flight and started a new one, slow toggle worked.

So donā€™t work as a workaround on console either (have not tried with keyboard though)

Doesnā€™t work on XBOX

Would be nice to fix this so de simulation gets more real as it is already. So you have to keep in mind that you have to refuel your aircraft where you let them behind. This is my most wanted fix i would like to seeā€¦ Thnx

1 Like

I have the same issue on PC!

After loading last flight the toolbar just dont show up, i normally donā€™t use it, i only use it for refuelling (very unrealistic having to stop by a pump placed in random places).

Is there any work around this ā€˜ā€˜yetā€™ā€™? MS should have fixed this by now :open_mouth:

Thanks

1 Like

I just noticed this when loading a save file for first time since I been playing on Xbox.

Quite strange that this bug is still effecting xbox player.Iā€™m on PC and the tool bar shows-up when loading a saved flight (there are still some problems as far as some functions are not accessible. There is a similar thread where this topic is being discussed.It might be helpful have a look in there too.

I had this problem only once. As it turned out it only happened when starting from a parking spot I had edited position in GSX. I went in and moved the spot again in GSX and moved it a few feet and re-saved the flight. Menu is back!!! Probably not the solution for all, but those using GSX may want to try this.