[Missions] Flight training missions return with FS Academy - VFR

I had noticed that same issue. They take some time so they should be there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How long are the longest missions? I usually like tutorials in bite size amounts that can be repeated fast if I fail them. Are only the later missions longer?

1 Like

The lessons are relatively short, 5,6, or 8 minutes, at least the early ones. hat I was referring to was the fact that the time does not show up in your pilot log. :frowning: The lessons themselves are very good!!

Ah yeah, I read that the mission api is still rough. Maybe it’s missing that feature. 8 min tutorials are perfect. I don’t know why there isn’t a “save state” feature in the simulator. So if I want to reproduce a real few hours flight, I can take a break. Right now you have to leave the software running and press the pause key. Or else I think there is a way to speed it up but that ruins the experience.

The last missions, UK, US and New Zealand Trips are longer, about half an hour per leg. But the system remember where you leaved the last time, so there are no problem if you have to exit before finishing each one.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming Five Trout720034! Guess I should fly a bush trip and see if that credits time to my pilot log, before notifying Flight Academy
 I have been enjoying the training, so no complaints

1 Like

So you just press ESC to exit during a mission and you can pick it up next time? I haven’t done a mission yet so I didn’t know that.

Please pay attention to the fact that, as stated in the instructions, there is a difference between the “normal” missions and the last three, the longer trips. During normal missions is better to avoid pausing, while during the trips you can pause and, if interrupted, you return to that point next time. Actually, for the trips, if you want reset them you have to delete the relative files (the details are in the included PDF manual).

1 Like

I’m stuck on the first VFR mission. I am at the point where I am going out to sea at heading 270 at 100 knots. It only tells me if I am going too fast or not. The mission isn’t continuing. What did I do wrong? Thanks.

Ah never mind. I started it again and I missed a sentence that said turn right. I wish there was a way to go back and read the last objective.

1 Like

Hi there, It seems to be a bug with MSFS where not all flights are being recorded, as it doesn’t seem unique to the FS Academy missions.

Hi there,

Some missions are about 10-15mins and others are trips which are longer.
The flight time in the menus should not be referred to as these are glitchy in MSFS at the moment.

Hi,
It seems to be a MSFS glitch at the moment where flight times are not always logged.

The menu flight times are not correct and are another glitch regarding the MSFS menus.
Most flights are 10-15mins, but longer trips are 30-40mins.

Hi,
Saving mid-mission does not seem supported by MSFS at the moment, but as we mentioned earlier, the flights are 10-15mins roughly, so it should be done in one go without pausing preferably, as this causes other glitches where the game is actually still running in the background. This is touched upon in the manual.

Thanks for pointing this out.
Yes pausing causes problems at the moment until MSFS is fixed. You can see that after unpausing your clock has still been running in the background, which affects mission timings.

Hi everyone,
Sorry for the slow responses, I just noticed that I was only “Tracking” this thread and not “Watching” it.
Thanks for the comments so far! For support, please see the support pages here:
www.fsacademy.co.uk/support-vfr

Hi there, good to see you saw the missed instruction.
Do refer to the maps provided in the manual as these show you the route taken in that lesson.

I have issues completing the final exam

After the go-around I fly tovthe end of 22R, the instruction comes to turn left 130 climb 1500 head towards the bay entrance.
I do that, flying precisely toward the bay entrance on a 130 heading at precisely 1500 feet, but then nothing happens anymore

I flew 130@1500 for a long time over the ocean, way past the grass strip and the bay but there are no further instructions

What am I doing wrong? Where is the trigger point?

Hi,
You fly initially towards the bay until you can identify lido airfield, which you are instructed to overfly once in sight.
Support is offered here: hello@fsacademy.co.uk

1 Like