[MOD] Start FS without waiting for "Press Any Key" screen

Does this change any game files? After running this one time I’m unable to use my GeForce Experience Game Filters. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled GeForce Experience but no dice. I use the game filters to clean up the soft gray colors.

Thank you from all of us who can’t wait until the 13th of October (Patch #4) as “Press any key to start” is indicated as fixed in this upcoming patch.

Tested several times… But unfortunately, it doesn’t work on my PC ;( But a big Thank You for helping the community !

3 Likes

Works as advertised for me.
Thanks very much indeed.:+1:t2:

1 Like

@Rapidfire83274 I will include a fix for this in the next update. Thanks for reporting the issue :wink:

@Turk10mm No it doesn’t change anything. All it does is start FS and wait for the “press any key” screen to skip it automatically. Did you recently update your Nvidia driver?

@Vincent1064 Are you using more than one monitor? If so, I’m working on an update already to fix the issue.

@Andylbooth Glad you like it :smiley:

1 Like

Nop. Just a plan single 21/9.

i’m not sure what exactly happened, but after a clean reinstall of the driver the problem is resolved. Strange, the only thing I did to the computer during the time when it was working to the time it stopped was the mod. anyways, problem is resolved. Thanks

I’ve received an email from Avira with the scan result of FSJumpStarter2020.exe. It’s clean :wink:

Here’s a screenshot:

@Nerbulus @jetman67 @JackWeil @JungleSangsue55 @Rapidfire83274 @Milosensas @Vincent1064

I’ve updated FSJumpStarter2020 and conducted some thorough tests with a single monitor and two monitors attached and used the Microsoft Store version of Flight Simulator.

No matter on which monitor I started FS, FSJumpStarter2020 worked and shut itself down once it skipped the “press any key” screen. It also works when the mouse is not on the screen on which FS is running. Starting FSJumpStarter2020 through steam as non-steam game works fine.

Then I set the power plan to power saving in order to test “slow” startup times of FS. On full speed it takes my PC about 40 seconds to start FS. Now it took 2:23 minutes to start FS and FSJumpStarter2020 did its job.

Also running Afterburner and RivaTuner statistics on top of FS is no problem. I’ve had Nvidia GeForce Experience running in the background with the FPS overlay in game and this didn’t prevent FSJumpStarter2020 from working either.

Give update v1.0.1 a try. I hope this fixes the issues and works for you now. Let me know.

­

Download FSJumpStarter2020 v1.0.1 from GitHub:

https://github.com/AmbitiousPilots/FSJumpStarter2020/releases/download/v1.0.1/FSJumpStarter2020.exe

Appreciate your work but the new update mentions that they will be removing Press Any Key to Start on October 13…

YES I wonder if its gonna cause conflicts…

Yea I’m aware of the upcoming FS update (#4). We’ll see how the update changes FS. I’ll adapt FSJumpStarter2020 to it.

I’m expanding the functionality of JumpStarter. For example, you’ll be able to add other programs (like OpenTrack for head tracking) that you want to autostart along with FS. So it’ll remain a startup helper for Flight Simulator.

3 Likes

This one works ! Launch MSFS, press the key and disapeared. Thx.

Here I have to launch FSUIPC, TrackIR (then press F7 for “Precision”), VRInsight/VRiSim (then press “Fly Now”) and XmapSy :wink:

1 Like

This didn’t work for me at all initially, but the new version works great (running two monitors in case that matters). Thank you!!

As for the security concerns, it might help to at least provide a checksum/hash for the downloaded file.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply!

1 Like

I added the file hashes to the release page on GitHub:
https://github.com/AmbitiousPilots/FSJumpStarter2020/releases

For anyone not knowing what file hashes are for, check the following two websites:
https://www.howtogeek.com/67241/htg-explains-what-are-md5-sha-1-hashes-and-how-do-i-check-them/
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/microsoft.powershell.utility/get-filehash

1 Like

The 1.01 works with no problems.
Thank you for your useful tool.
Patrice.

1 Like

Thanks a lot. Very helpful tool. The new version works perfectly for me.

1 Like

I certainly don‘t want to spoil your fun so please don‘t get me wrong.

What you want to do can easily be done with a very simple batch file and no exe is required for that. The sim is in an early state and in the past tools that change the start up behaviour of the FS series (as well as P3D) have often created more issues than they solved. Just like you experience now for some people it works, for some it doesn‘t. A simple .bat file always works for that.

@Ephedrin87 Like I said earlier FSJumpStarter2020 does not change anything. It does not change Flight Simulator files or settings. All it does is launch FS, wait for the “press any key” screen, automatically skip it, and shut itself down. The update (v1.0.1) fixed the issue some people had where it didn’t work. A batch file is alright if you e.g. want to automate the execution of commands you would normally enter by hand in a command prompt, which in this case wouldn’t suffice to achieve the desired result. Keep in mind that FSJumpStarter2020 is a single file and requires no setup, so easy for the user. I think a batch file alone wouldn’t accomplish the given task. But you’re welcome to share your batch file with the community.

2 Likes

What I mean is the part when you said you would change it to an application that will make it easy to add other addon programs to start together with MSFS. It’s a good thing for sure but if it’s just for that some individually written batch file would do it. Anyway, your file is freeware and that’s always highly appreciated! A suggestion from my side would be to make the user be able to collect several addons in your program and tick the ones required this time, maybe even load certain addon sceneries into the community folder, all in one starter and then execute the sim eventually. Of course depending on how the sim evolves.

I don’t have any batch files for MSFS and as they would use my personal installation paths there would be no point in sharing them, I use to use two of them for P3D though, one loading with a VA Acars program and Active Sky etc, another one for some beta tests for a developer.

However they are totally simple, just like that:

@echo off
start “” “D:\AS_P3Dv4\AS_P3Dv4.exe”
start “” “P:\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe”
start “” “C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\TrackIR5.exe”
start “” “D:\FSPS LTD\FFTF Dynamic P3Dv4\FFTF Dynamic P3Dv4.exe”