[MOD] Start FS without waiting for "Press Any Key" screen

It works, just don’t be doing anything while using it. I was watching a youtube video after I started and whatever keypress you are using to skip the “press any key” screen sent me to the homepage of youtube about 20 times in a few seconds lol.

Really useful. Thanks. Could you create one starting with flightsimulator.exe on HIGH PRIORITY? thx. :grin:

1 Like

@Ephedrin87 Thanks for your input. That’s what I meant with startup helper. You’ll be able to add programs that you want to autostart together with FS. The add-on idea is good, however there are certain add-on managers being developed already. But I’ll think about how it would fit into FSJumpStarter2020.

@SoloTwo42 Did you watch YouTube on the same monitor? Because FSJumpStarter2020 tries to focus the FS window before continuing.

@PS1959 Yes, that’s possible. I’ll add an option for that in the next release.

2 Likes

Yeah just out of habit since I have had the intros gone from the start and usually just start the game and do something while I await the “press any key” screen to continue. Not a big deal.

1 Like

Teriffic!!! Many thanks!!!

1 Like

It works, thanks!
Looking forward to starting other programs alongside msfs with this.

1 Like

Flight Simulator Update #4 (v1.9.5.0) did not remove the “Press Any Key” screen.

But don’t worry, I just tested FSJumpStarter2020 with the new version of Flight Simulator and it works as expected. I’m working on the new features of FSJumpStarter2020, so keep an eye on this thread.

If you like this tool, share it with others and give this thread a like. Now go and enjoy your flight :wink:

3 Likes

High Priority for MSFS requested through your new exe as well! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Finally download the mod because it isn’t implemented by default after all. Works like a charm. Great work!

2 Likes

A big shout-out to the fellow sim pilots on YouTube for spreading the word about FSJumpStarter2020 on their channels:

Flightsimtoday

fsxpilot777

badGamr

Also a big thank you to all of you that enjoy this mod and share it :heart:

2 Likes

What programs do you guys run together with FS?

I’m working on version 2 of FSJumpStarter2020. As I said, you’ll be able to add other programs (like OpenTrack for head tracking) that you want to autostart along with FS, so you won’t have to do it manually every time you launch FS.

Per request I’m also adding an option to run the FlightSimulator.exe with High Priority.

Let me know what programs you’re running together with FS, so I can implement the autostart functionality that will not only launch but also start these applications automatically (think of start buttons).

If you have other feature requests, let me know.

Just a reminder that Github is not a filesharing site. You cant just have releases without code.

PS: Also can you make the splash screen not be ‘allways on top’ ?

The Jumpstart is a brilliant tool - but there is one thing to be aware of if you are running a PC with specs that Microsoft thinks are below the minimum requirements.
I’m in this category as I have a GTX 670 card - nevertheless FS2020 runs OK enough as I get 18 fps or 11 in the very dense cities - and not everything is min (this is at 2560 x 1440)

The issue is that shortly after starting up FS2020 (it’s non-steam if that makes any difference) you get a dialogue box to say the PC specs are below requirements which you have to “OK” before it will begin loading properly.

Starting FS2020 the Jumpstart means that dialogue box is hidden and if you try and go to it using Alt-Tab, Jumpart very quickly just goes straight back to the black FSF2020 initial screen. Only by very quick Alt-Tab and Return did I eventually manage to clear that box after a few minutes. If you don’t clear it then it just sits waiting…

So - my fault for using below spec hardware but just something to bear in mind!

@RaspingSnail526 Welcome to the forums. Thanks for letting me know about the spec warning dialog box. Put it on my todo list for the next release :+1:

@DronkeyKlong GitHub changed their policy. Yes I can make the splash screen not be always on top.

1 Like

I was not aware of that they did that.

great now can you make something for them ■■■■ logos?

Hi. Thank you for your work. I think this is a brilliant idea.
However, I’m afraid, the tool does not work for me. It starts FS2020, but does not skip the intros or “Press Any Key”

I’m using the Microsoft Store version installed on D:\ drive. I copied your tool onto the desktop.

Did you download version 1.0.1?

Loaded this up, it works, the Press Any Key stays up for like 2-3 seconds and then goes away and it continues to load fine. When done its shut down and MSFS is working fine after. Thanks for this.

1 Like