Mouse cursor randomly DOESN'T REAPPEAR when moving around (translation) in the cockpit after last “mouse going to top left corner” fix

Sadly, this is a game breaking bug for me. Sometimes the cursor won’t even reappear which makes this even more annoying. Won’t use MSFS until this has been resolved. Bugs that hinder usability are nearly the worst to be honest.

5 Likes

Yeah… for me is really annoying not being able to properly being able to move in the cockpit because of this.

And… yep, it seems that the only way Asobo urge to fix a major problem is if that problem could generate big rumors like “the airport of hell” (I think it was in Brasil), it became so famous that Asobo fixed it ASAP.

I have a love-hate relationship with this sim that is far from acceptable. On one hand this sim introduces things that we could only imagine before, I like the clouds and the graphis a lot… the physics engine isn’t perfect but it is better than the FSX model… but on the other hand there are a lot of bugs, a sense of they doesn’t taking care about the premium and deluxe content wich is bugged (for example, this bug with the shock ultra, fixed and later re-introduced)

or the problem with the fuel pumps in the DA40 TDI (deluxe) but no in the DA40NG (standard edition).
And so on :frowning:

It’s slowly becoming better but… it is really painful… for example, when they fixed the indicator in the shock ultra and later re-introduced the bug (did someone merged the code without looking what he is merging??? I don’t understand why the bug is back otherwise)

I will give them time and love for the things that they did right (Graphics, better flight model, crossplatform, very nice community managers,…), and getting angry for things they don’t do in the right way for us

1.19.9.0 - Issue seem to persist:
When moving gamepad stick mouse poitner teleports to top left corner.

1 Like

Still here yes. Nothing of importance has been fixed as of right now…

Let’s hope these things actually do get fixed at all…

1 Like

It’s annoying to challenge with mouse during IFR flights when you need to set up avionics.

1 Like

Exactly. Or when you want to reach something in the copilot side.

What joystick brands do you guys have? Up until now I was flying with T-FLIGHT HOTAS4 and never had this problem. Today I got the Thrustmaster TCA Airbus and boom, also got this annoying cursor bug when toggling through the panels with the hat switch. It’s super weird, I mean those joysticks are even from the same company. If I plug them both in, move the hat on HOTAS4, mouse stays where it was. Move the hat on the TCA, mouse resets and sometimes disappeas. No idea what’s happening here, but I guess I’ll keep the TCA in the closet for now and keep flying with the HOTAS4, hoping they will fix eventually.

Logitech 3D Pro on my rig. I have consistent mouse issue from the day 1 of SU5.

Thrustmaster Flight Stick X

A good ol\ Logitech 3D Pro here. Never had any issues whatsoever before SU5. After that, it all went to hell.

I tried a little experiment with the tool “AntiMicro”, which lets you bind joystick buttons to keyboard. Bound the left and right hat buttons to A and SHIFT-A (default for next and previous instrument panel). Then in FS I cleared those bindings from the actual joystick buttons so that only they keyboard bind would remain. And again - use the joystick hat, lose the cursor to top left. Use the exact same function via keyboard by pressing A or SHIFT-A, cursor stays exactly where it was, visible. I don’t understand how this is possible and how the joystick model can affect it…

1 Like

That’s an interesting find! And yeah, super odd as well…

Hopefully it’ll be fixed soon…

I hope this particular bug is going to be fixed by SU6.

1 Like

can confirm this bug.

SU6 update UI changes:

“Fixed cursor snap to top left corner whenever you change in cockpit camera with keyboard controls”

:sunglasses: :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

[SU6] It doesn’t work for me. The cursor doesn’t always reappear after you transit through the cockpit with keyboard arrows and then you make a mouse movement. But I can confirm the cursor doesn’t snap to the left egde of the screen anymore.

1 Like

Same issue. It doesn’t go to the top left corner but it still disappears occasiaonaly.

Very annoying to have such a simple feature still lacking proper operation.

Kind regards.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I was going to say.

As with other “fixed” bugs in this update that I’m testing… improved but not totatlly fixed.

The bug in the speed-o-meter of the Shock Ultra is even worse. They introduced and fixed several things in the plane but still doesn’t realized that the indication in the cockpit is wrong, and there are several post in the forum claiming that since SU5 (when it was REINTRODUCED)

I understand that programing is not an easy task and things can go out of control and they are doing a great work in a lot of things that were broken before but… with some obvious things… and the shock ultra being premium content… hmm… :frowning: and this thing with the mouse… :frowning:
At least the bug now is less annoying than before

1 Like

[SU6] Bug is still existing. In menu, map and cockpit :-1:t3:

1 Like