MSFS 2020 Flight Planning - Part 1: Weather Forecasting

Next post on the series is up

Here

1 Like

Thatā€™s all I could think of. Iā€™m not quite mad enough to be simming at 3a.m.

I thought Iā€™d possibly add some sightseeing flying in ā€œartificialā€ daytime. It would seem a shame to fly halfway round the world and never see Sydney Harbour, or whateverā€¦

1 Like

I just posted Another episode on this series

1. Preflight Checks Here

Thanks for this series of articles. Lacking a proper manual and, at present, a good book like the old " Microsoft Flight Simulator X For Pilots: Real World Training", there is a real need for serious guides, in particular for those who try to go beyond simple operations and prefer simulating realistic procedures.

1 Like

I have written a couple of more guides since this one was written. Follow the links at the end.

Good post. Too bad weather has no influence in MSFS except wind and visibility. I remember doing incredibly realistic flight planning with Active Sky for the real weather. It was really fulfilling to make decisions that actually mattered.

1 Like

Great Information and publication. I am New to MSFS and wondering if Sky Vector is a program you recommend. Im looking for a Mapping & Planning Program that I can use to follow along on my flights. Easy would be helpful :slight_smile:

TY

Sky vector is great for basic planning, specially for those that like VFR and general aviation. At least within the US.

It is free. You donā€™t need to sign in (this site is for real aviation and you can submit your plans - please do not submit simulation plans)

Other great program is ForeFlight, but it will cost you.

However, The best way to learn how to use the charts is to buy the actual real charts of the area you fly in and to read Here / watch material on how to fly them.

If you are new to simulation and aviation in general my biggest advise is to start by reading the FAAs aeronautical handbook Here

Thanks Apple, I certainly will check out the Links you sent me

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.