MSFS 2024.4 months until release. We do not know the price, we do not know the complete list of aircraft

4 months until release. We do not know the price, we do not know the complete list of aircraft.

What’s the price gonna be… 69.99 like every game or something like this, what surprise do you expect?
I honestly done care if it’s 60 or 90€, for a game that I am going to play for more than 1000 hours.

18 Likes

If I remember well, msfs2020 premium was €129,99.
I guess the 2024 version will not be cheaper.
To be honest: I don’t bother much.
My hardware investments ( case, CPU, GPU, RAM, controls, monitor, head set, PSU etc) have cost me several ribs…and I’m fine with that.
It’s a hobby and hobbies can be expensive.

10 Likes

I would be more interested in the CPU/GPU requirements than the price and the list of planes… because the videos we saw are wonderful… but will they also be on 2-3 year old computers (when msfs2020 was released)? or will we have to buy new components again? :thinking:

1 Like

From the recent presentation in Vegas from Jorg and Seb, they said they have optimized the sim’s core engine to utilize muti-core CPUs better (far less main thread bottleneck) and less GB of data will be needed on the local disk as streaming will be used more. So the CPU and disk system requirements won’t be any more than now I predict.

The Raytracing introduction would require a ‘good’ GPU of a high 30-series and above on the nvidia side and for AMD should be similar? But Raytracing won’t be the end of the world for mid range users I would think.

The streaming introduction might require a high speed connection too?

TL;DR … Its a bit of a guessing game until its released to us. But guessing is good fun!

2 Likes

Just wait and find out , speculation does nothing but annoy people when these posts pop up every few hours.

12 Likes

yes, totally agree…

Will there be raytracing in 24? It will be interesting to see how much difference it makes if so.

As to the rest of the hardware requirements, 24 will still have to run on the XBox S & X, so I agree it is unlikely to be much different from the current version.

1 Like

Yes, at least for shadows in cockpits it is confirmed, and shadows on recent screenshots suggest that also world shadows are raytraced now…

From reading between the lines the global Illumination seems to not use raytracing.

Regarding reflections nothing is known so far …

Jorge has stated they have not changed specs from current version. At still needs to run on xbox x and s

2 Likes

Yes, it will run, but whether the nice videos are on the same computer, or they already have new modern machines. XBOX support is clear, but the fact that it is clear does not mean that the level of graphics will be raised as in the offered videos… but all these are just speculation today… we have to wait

1 Like

I’d like to know how many versions there are and if more than one, what’s to be included…

Hi @TRANSAIR4045
No announcement on versions - or what will be specifically included in each version - has been made at this point, AFAIK.

There is a topic on aircraft that have been seen in various trailers, here:

and the official FAQ for MSFS can be found here:
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 FAQ – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

Hope this helps! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I don’t care about what it comes with. I do care about performance and am seriously contemplating a new laptop (my current one is from 2020)… Just want to utilize all the features to the max. But I have 4 months, so… totally doable. Take colleagues out to the bar one day a month less for 4 months? There’s my new laptop. :slight_smile: Bring it on!

The biggest surprise would be if it managed to properly save the game, instead of the mess we now have.

You probably know that and you have your reasons for chosing a laptop, but why don’t you buy a desktop that will perform much better than a laptop? Laptops have thermal limitations, and because of that, they can’t perform the same as a desktop pc.

1 Like

Yea, keep the old laptop for all that boring non gaming stuff computers are said to be capable of.

I’m still holding my bets for the Avanti to show on Premium editions, possibly a regional jet too.

Streaming is the (awkward) fix simply for the Xbox having no way to upgrade disk space, to cope with higher resolution data.

For PCs no streaming is required, as we can add fast storage. But I bet streaming could really be a pain for anyone on a slow network or the MS servers going down - i.e. denial of service because everyone is playing simultaneously, every full moon.

It’s not just the XBOX, no PC home user will have 10s of petabytes to store locally the whole scenery. Also, there are users with limited plans of internet, and having do download everyhting, evey new update is a lot for them.

Having the platform based on the cloud makes fixing issues easier and faster, because you don’t have to change things on the client, you just have to update the server files.

2 Likes

I don’t think this is going to be an entirely streaming world. I think the 2024 goal is to keep from having to download all the changes and environment for something like a world update. They could just update the smallest bits of data as a tiny download and the world model just changes. Instead of endless stacking of scenery.

Currently in the vanilla base game the world is just there, in its entirety.
They keep having us download additional gigabytes on top of gigabytes to display the changes as they’re added. They may have found a way to usurp that process with a much smaller user hard drive footprint. So that any and all changes to the global mesh and textures just becomes the continuation of the new vanilla. You’d only have to download hard scenery items or additional object.
library content.

In a lot of freeware you end up building a large shared object library, but once you have those given numbers of assets, people can utilize them to make full airport add-ons that are only a few kb.

Something like a current 3gb terrain mesh update wouldn’t even a MB to download. Ding, new Himalayan mountain range.

2 Likes