MSFS Application Error - memory could not be read

FSUIPC7.exe 7.0.0.5

also if we are out-off-topic: what about to simple install the latest FSUIPC7 version ?

If we can trust these version-numbering ( not sure about 7.0.0.5 ):

FSUIPC7 v7.0.5 released on 17th February 2021
current:
FSUIPC7 v7.3.3 released on 12th May 2022

So since SU9 I had been getting this error quite often. Usually well into a 1 to 3 hour flight.
Changed my page file size on win and MSFS drives. Still got the errors, randomly.
After finding this thread…

and reading about the sound settings I changed those as well. Removed the realtek (drivers and programs) and made sure both Windows and MSFS sound outputs were pointed at the proper device, in my case my TV, I have had 7 or 8 flights with no errors. Not sure if the page file size is even necessary. But today I ran 3 full flights, using turnarounds in between. Never shut MSFS down. Used to be the only way I was sure I would get through a flight was to do a clean boot of my entire PC in between flights.

I hope this helps others.

System
Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i9-12900K, 3187 Mhz, 16 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 64.0 GB
Page File Space 62.5 GB
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
Peripherals Saitek X52Pro

page file info:

adding this in to prevent realtek from reinstalling. works great.

1 Like

I just had a 6 hours flight with the A330 Neo headwind from LIRQ Italy to Dubai, no problems absolutely, before that the first flight was of around 15min before the freeze. What I did to test in the failed first flight was to revert all the RAM voltages to stock and to include in HAGS again from MS Store Apps the FS2020, and, I had a PC freeze, then I deleted it from HAGS again although HAGS still was and is enabled, and tested again without too much hopes, and I have just landed a few minutes ago after around 6 hours of flight and now I am downloading the WU9. I have to test now with thunderbolt enabled again and G2 in one of its USB-C.

In my case HOGS on yes has I think really an issue and one of the culprits apparently. The SIM is really well and has changed the desperating situation, only this morning one failed and the other day nothing, two of two hours and two of one hour without fails and freezes and memories faults etc. etc.

I have only one pagefile the same as the RAM 32GB 32768MB, W11 in C, MSFS in D (both same disk), pagefile in E different disk.

Hallelujah, this is going well, more to test but the most of flight are going well, some days ago all was going bad and frustrating.

The log you posted is not from an MSFS crash. It is the Desktop Window Manager crashing and the fault is in DHolographicDisplay.dll which is probably the user-mode side of your HoloLense (or possibly some OEM VR/AR technology that uses it). The exception code is STATUS_STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN which means that there is a very bad bug in the HoloLense software. I would recommend trying to get support from whoever made your VR/AR headset, but ultimately it needs to get to Microsoft since it is their dll. I could believe a dwm crash resulting in an MSFS crash…

1 Like

I had this problem recently, I seem to potentially have fixed it for myself and hope the following might help others. I did 3 things and am not sure which one seems to have fixed it and so will list them all below.

I initially changed some USB ports for certain peripherals as others recommended however this did not fix it.

1 - I was using the Early Access Sonar feature for my Arctis 5 headset, I disabled this early access feature. I additionally went ahead to my Sound Settings, I selected Volume Mixer and reset my settings.
2 - I uninstalled my Thrustmaster drivers - I heard about controllers and USB ports causing crashes and since switching the USB ports did not help and due to the fact that I only installed the drivers recently after which I started getting these crashes, I figured I would uninstall the drivers as I did not need them.
3 - I also changed the Virtual Memory Paging size, I read that this seemed to help others. I have 32 Gb of RAM and so I set Initial Size and Maximum Size to 32 000 mb, made sure to hit “Set” before hitting “Ok”.

Rebooted and today was the first time in a while that I was able to do 2 back to back flights in a while. After applying the above modifications I also left the PMDG 737 sitting at EGSS (Stansted) Airport for over 5 hours and did not suffer any error.

I seem to have fixed the problem on my side however only with more time can I confirm this however it seems to be linked either to controllers, sound or virtual memory.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Did not see this sorry about that but I have posted above the 3 steps I applied that seem to potentially have fixed it for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I also got this error message. I was flying around Cayman Brac in a Cessna 172 at the time.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

i win11 settings system / sound i ticked the actual speakers plugged into MB, and then in FS sounds ticked the same speakers. is this correct?

I just tried to begin three flights with hyperthreading on again, HANGS off and on, and all three failed before 15 minutes when taxiing to runway, I went to BIOS, disabled hyperthreading in W11 enabled HAGS again, rebooted, exactly same flight and this is going flawlessly and almost an hour already.

Edit: 2 hours of flight flawlessly.

1 Like

So today was another hot fix by MSFS. Supposedly fixed numerous bugs in the program. Did it fix the memory error? I don’t know. Since I did the speaker output fix the sim has crashed less with the memory error. That being said, I had one crash yesterday with that dumb memory error. I was really bummed to get that error again. I thought it was fixed forever. Today, I downloaded Volanta App. It is an app that will auto save your flight every 5 mins. It saves everything that you setup for your flight. It costs $6 a month but to me it like an insurance policy. It has other features but I don’t use most of them. I don’t have confidence that this memory error will be fixed for a long time so Volanta it is. I have no affiliation with this company but the app works smoothly with MSFS. In fact I load it on my second monitor while the MSFS is running on monitor 1. Your flight will be loaded to their cloud storage. That’s my latest and no more lost flights for me. Win 10 Ryzen 7 3200x 64 DDRM 500 G SSD AMD 6900XT ATT fiber 200 mbps.

Constant memory read errors today, constant lost bush leg trips.

Did a full uninstall and reinstall and ran logging… no hardware issues apparent. RAM/VRAM never close to fully utilised. First flight out, memory read error after ~8mins. Alwas 000000’s or FFFFFFF’s - basically an incorrect memory call.

Asobo/ms: this sim is broken. Please fix it.

I abandon, I had freezes again with all the whistles and bells.

Could be possible something related in the servers too?

1 Like

Ever since SU9 was applied I also have been having this error frequently. I have managed 3 full flights in the last 30 or so that did not result in this error. I have tried everything suggested in this thread, but when the sim crashes with no addons, no community folder, fresh install then it is clearly an issue that Asobo have to fix!

Somewhere a null or released pointer is not being managed correctly and here we are. Please Asobo acknowledge the issue and give us end user’s better tools to help report these issues in real-time - actual logging and crash reports that we can send to you!

Shame as I was getting ready to support the community by purchasing the Fenix A320 when released. I am not going to invest any more into this sim until this issue is fixed.

Screenshot_5_18_2022_21_36_48

2 Likes

Increasing Windows page file size seems to fixed the problem for me. You can try and give it a go. I have slightly increased performance as well.

It seems the bottom line is that it’s an MSFS problem, probably SU8 and/or SU9 that’s playing havoc with various hardware setups. Up to Asobo to identify the problem and fix it. I’m not changing anything on my rig or OS. If it keeps happening I’ll just put the sim in the hanger until it’s fixed and dust off P3D in the meantime.

5 Likes

Just in case my settings are of use to anyone else (we all seem to have different solutions)
I am now back to a similar stability pre SU8 and SU9. No issues last couple of days (touch wood)
Hyperthreading is off
HAGs is disabled
Realtek audio prevented from auto start
Audio devices selected as monitor speakers and headset in game and also in Windows 11
Pagefile left as default
I7 10700
RTX 3080
32 GB
Will report back if it remains stable or goes back to its old ways.
Now await SU 10 to break it again.

2 Likes

Nothing helped, this is truely a issue from msfs itself. HT or HAGS is definitely not the case.

This is definitely a USB related issue. Having played around a little, changing inputs and devices causes this crash consistently. Again, did not impact MSFS prior to SU9.

1 Like

Hey! Same problem here. I played this yesterday in VR. Thought my RAM is broken. Well thankfully I am not alone.
This could be a problem with the drivers and the Game Code. As a software developer I can say, maybe there is a NullPointerException. I also have sound problems when I switch VR and Desktop while flying. Maybe there is the issue. But this can only get fixed by the Game Devs.

2 Likes

I’ve joined the club with WU9 to :frowning: As others have said I managed to finish my flight with the error dialog on the screen.

Reminds me of FSX, this used to do something similar.

1 Like