MSFS Madness 2024!

It’s March, so that means many people will be really obsessed with tournament brackets for the next few weeks. Here on the MSFS Community Team, we couldn’t resist creating our own.

Introducing…

MSFS MADNESS 2024

One of the best things about Microsoft Flight Simulator is that simmers have a huge library of great aircraft to choose from. Whether your enjoy flying modern jetliners, general aviation workhorses, military fighter jets, versatile bush planes, aerobatic stunt planes, classic flying boats, gliders, helicopters, vintage warbirds, or anything in between, there’s something for everyone in MSFS.

But what if the MSFS community chose one aircraft to rule them all? Which plane will reign supreme? You, yes YOU, can decide!

We’ve created a tournament bracket featuring 64 fantastic aircraft from the last four years of Microsoft Flight Simulator. Standard, Deluxe, Premium Deluxe, Game of the Year Edition, 40th Anniversary Edition, Reno Air Racing Collection, Local Legends, Famous Flyers, and Expert Series aircraft are all represented. For multiple aircraft from the same family, we grouped them together as one entry (e.g. the Beechcraft Bonanza G36 & V35 and the Cessna Citation CJ4 & Longitude).

The tournament bracket was created randomly (no seeding), but we did manually setup each quadrant to avoid first-round matchups between two aircraft from the same manufacturer (for example, we made it impossible to have a Boeing 747 vs. Boeing 787 or a Cessna 152 vs. Cessna 172 matchup in Round 1).

HOW IT WORKS

• Follow @msfsofficial on X (formerly Twitter) or Instagram (or both!)
  • Every weekday starting from March 22, we will post a new set of polls featuring head-to-head matchups between two aircraft from the tournament bracket
  • Vote for your favorite
  • You can make your vote count for double by voting on both social platforms!
  • Each poll will run for exactly 24 hours
  • The aircraft with the most total votes (Twitter + Instagram combined) will advance to the next round
19 Likes

Great idea :+1:

Caravan vs. Dreamliner in the first round? Quite a match-up of heavyweights (and personal favorites of mine)!

1 Like

There are some really tough round one match-ups. One of my personal favorites is the Extra 330LT, but I fear it’s gonna get knocked out by the Super Hornet. Maybe the community will surprise me, though! We’ll have to see how everyone votes!

My poor Pipistrel. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I don’t have X or Instagram.

23 Likes

Love the idea! Go SR22! :partying_face:

4 Likes

The Model 18 against the Ju 52 hurts. I love them both :sob:

2 Likes

Gosh!

First look at this topic, I just thought Asobo officially announced the upcoming aircraft for MSFS 2024

2 Likes

Fun idea!
I fear the Latécoere won’t be able to outweigh the TBM but there’s so many good planes to root for!!

4 Likes

Great idea :heart_eyes: there are so many winners here. Be a tough vote i’m Team ATR for value over quality personally. But i’ll wait to see the outcome. This tournament chart alone stands out to me what an amazing advance this simulator has become and could only have dreamed of several years ago tbf. :saluting_face:

3 Likes

Day 1 Polls are now live! Vote now at the links below!

ICON A5 vs. Wright Flyer

Twitter
Instagram

DG Flugzeugbau DG1001E neo vs. Cirrus SR22T

Twitter
Instagram

Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan vs. Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner

Twitter
Instagram

Beechcraft Model 18 vs. Junkers JU 52

Twitter
Instagram

3 Likes

Congratulations to the following aircraft for winning their matchup and advancing to the next round:

• ICON A5
  • Cirrus SR22T
  • Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner
  • Beechcraft Model 18

Day 2 Polls are now live! Vote now at the links below!

Saab B 17 A vs. Pilatus PC-6 Porter

Twitter
Instagram

de Havilland Canada DHC-4 Caribou vs. Guimbal Cabri G2

Twitter
Instagram

Antonov An-225 Mriya vs. Bell 407

Twitter
Instagram

ATR 42-600 & 72-600 vs. Diamond DA40

Twitter
Instagram

1 Like

Can’t we do the polls here as i don’t use the thing formerly known as twitter and Instagram?

10 Likes

I think the Extra has an advantage in the narrow Grand Canyon and not just because it is my home region aircraft manufacturer. :slightly_smiling_face:

A good idea. Many, including me, don’t use these platforms out of protest.

7 Likes

I absolutely agree but maybe the whole purpose of this vote is to increase social media “engagement” metrics for MSFS on those platforms?

1 Like

Wait wait wait… The Icon won over the Wright Flyer? I don’t get it. One of the most important and legendary aircraft in the history of aviation lost… to the Icon A5? Wow.

Who can say how the community is deciding how to vote? We deliberately didn’t set any voting criteria for MSFS Madness; simmers can decide how to vote based on any factor (or combination of factors) they want. Maybe they’re voting based on one plane being more historically significant than the other? Or perhaps they’re choosing a plane because it’s more fun to fly in the sim? Or maybe they had a model kit of a particular plane when they were a kid or always saw one flying at their local airport and thus have a nostalgic connection to that aircraft? Any criteria anyone chooses to determine how they vote is valid for this tournament. :slight_smile:

MSFS Team

2 Likes

I was merely stating my genuine surprise. Which I suppose is also valid :wink: