Msfs vr | quest 2 setup guide | high/ultra settings | smooth & clear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D9Sws6Utpo&feature=youtu.be
THIS IS AMAZING AND IS A COMPLETE GAMECHANGER!!! TRY IT!
These settings will enable you to enjoy MSFS in VR at a very clear, smooth and stable 30-32 FPS on HIGH-ULTRA settings in both cities and in the wilderness. Jerky and messy lags are a thing of the past due to this fix! After a lot of testing and research I have managed to get the VR working very well on the Quest 2 via the LINK cable, using the built in apps. Thanks so much to the sim community for all your valuable insight and advice.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments below and please like and subscribe to my channel if you find this helpful.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your settings and tips.

So, are you saying that the fix is to put everything on Ultra? Not sure if I get it. Did you change anything on your Nvidia Control Panel? can you show it how it looks like? Is GPU scheduling on? Also, there’s no way it will be completely smooth at 30 fps without reprojection. Try banking your plane on top of a big city, or over an airport… move it fast enough and you will see ghosting and juddering.

I saw your comment about leaving it at 90Hz/Recommend setting on Oculus app. That will bring the resolution down enough that glass panels wont be readable. Are you experiencing this? Are they sharp?

Can you share what resolution is showing when you set render scale at 90? You can see this if you access the render scale options while in VR. ESC >> Options >> Graphics

Sorry for all the questions… I really like the idea of having this in VR, but can get it to work well on my system. We have similar systems, that’s why I am curious. Mine is Quest 2 - Ryzen 3600x and a 2070 Super.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

I’m not on my PC now so can’t send a screen shot, but didn’t change anything on the nvidia settings. I did use the older driver though. I bank plenty and it stays on 30 unless I’m in a big city and fly close to the ground it drops a bit, but still it’s smooth and no ghosting etc.

I can see the instruments in the cockpit clearly now but I couldn’t before I did this fix. I’ll check the other stuff next time I’m on my PC.

Did you try the setting in the Debug tool?

How about just providing a text description of what you think is different from what most of us have tried - so we don’t have to watch another video!

5 Likes

Have you tried playing with the tangent multiplier?. It will crop the scene, but a big part of the scene is not being displayed on oculus anyways for me, 0.8, 0.8 gives me a huge FPS boost and seems only noticeable during sudden head movements (reprojection runs out of scene to reproject from). Change the setting and press ctrl tab twice to exit and enter vr on the app. I’m not sure if there is something wrong in my setup that makes it so the scene is so much wider on the pc than on my oculus to begin with.

2 Likes

Looks completely fake to me, getting smooth VR experience on the current state of MSFS 2020 on a 2060 Super with everything set to ultra…

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve tried everything on Debug tool. I actually prefer to use CLI. I will try this driver version. Not sure if it will make a difference. I’ve been using a 457.30.

I really believe that claims about smooth experience with 30 fps and no reprojection are not accurate. You may have smooth frame rates, with no stutters, but juddering will be there 100% of the time. Maybe there’s reprojection going on…Maybe Openxr is adding it by default, or Oculus ASW is not actually off, who knows. Also setting Oculus to 90Hz, 1.0x and render scale to 90 will not give you clear glass instruments on a Quest 2. Maybe gauges, like the on savage cub, will look ok, but not Garmin stuff.

3 Likes

@Mendigo1151

I Agree! What do you think about this? Have you tried it?

1 Like

Yes, tried. He is using a RIFT S. Maybe is the Quest 2 that has some major issues with ASW, at least on my system, so lowering FPS and relying on ASW to smooth things out is not work how it should. This is not new. You don’t even need Tray Tool. You can set asw.clock30 or 18 using CLI. IT works fine in other games, although playing at 18 fps is a bit extreme and artifacts will be too overwhelming.

dont worked for me , sadlyyyy

how can I force the quest 2 to accept the 18 fps via link? i only see the 45 fps reprojection :((

Don’t forget this about FPS :

Use Oculus Tray Tool, like he is doing on the video. Or CLI, which is a command line utility that you can find on the oculus diagnostics folder.

Command should look like : server:asw.clock30 on the CLI… or you can use clock18/45

D

i think you are my hero !!! in the dashboard i see the 18 hz, let me try fs2020!

update comes :slight_smile:

@mendigo

But on the oculus tray tool, does that tab with the ASW settings etc work.
Someone on here said that with quest 2 and Link, only the Tab which says ‘For Link’ works.

It works with Q2. You can also change ASW settings during the gameplay and should see the effects without need to restart. Other settings will require restart of the Oculus service.

Ok I tried it, didn’t seem to work for me with a 2070 super and the August nvidia driver.

I get a lot of judder and like see black when moving my head, like its slow to catch up with my head moving.

Same here. Anytime ASW is on…the Juddering makes it unplayable. You can tell ASW is missing frames, eyes are out of sync, the terrain jumps around, etc. It is really messed up. It might be an issue with LINK.

thanks again for your tipp. but with 18 fps its unplayable, holy. this artefacts and honestly absolutely not smooth!

4 Likes

Might be a LINK issue but I tried virtual desktop and that wasn’t much better to be honest.

The vrguy suggestion worked for me. Blown away by the change using latest vr tool as he suggested. Mix of ultra to high, flew over London. Amazing.