MSFS2024 November 19th, 2024

With them showcasing United Airlines, it would be really cool if they had you go through their Pilot Academy, United Aviate, and you’d progress to flying their mainline fleet. Somewhat wishful thinking, but I do hope it’s more than the graded flight challenges.

Man, November 19 is so far away :tired_face::sweat_smile:!

2 Likes

Well when you put it that way they could recruit us when we show promise! :laughing: Very “Ready Player One / Gran Turismo”

1 Like

Maybe I’m old and cynical, but I’m definitely not basing my expectations on a polished trailer. I want to know how it will look - and more importantly perform - when installed and running on my PC. The trailer for 2020 didn’t offer any hint of the issues that we’ve been dealing with for the last four years.

Am also pretty sceptical of Asobo’s ability to deliver on the career and missions stuff. Really hope they can prove me wrong.

19 Likes

I’s in 2020 also.

Just lovely!

14 Likes

Really looking forward to this, hope they really nail the multi thread optimisation

8 Likes

Maybe the 5090 is coming out this year? The requirements look higher.

1 Like

Did they post the requirements already?

1 Like

No, nothing other than what was seen in trailer along with the date.

Keep in mind, this has to run on an XBOX. That’s not a knock at the console whatsoever, just helps keep things in perspective in terms of hardware capable of running it.

6 Likes

Yeah I wouldn’t expect much higher requirements. They even said the game will be even more optimised

1 Like

A 5090 wont make much difference unless they’ve addressed the CPU issues.

4 Likes

But hopefully PC users will get the options to go above and beyond? For example the clouds still look a bit soft and translucent so an option to increase the detail even further would be welcome.

1 Like

It seems to me that the requirements will be similar, the simulator (its engine) will be better optimized for today’s equipment and will work better. And this is one of the main reasons why I’m waiting to see if this will actually happen, if not, I’ll stick to 2020.

5 Likes

Time will tell.

June 2024 Developer Stream Transcript - FS is good at CPU threading.

1 Like

Hopefully, until November they will do some Feature Discovery series, or at least during the FSExpo Sebastian/Jörg will delve into some technical details, such as features of the updated/modified weather engine, how all these missions integrate into an open world (if at all), etc.

1 Like

Remember they promised massive performance improvement, so you shouldn’t need one.

Do ya think it’ll go on sale on Black Friday?

No. Game Passes are cheaper on Black Friday, pick that.

1 Like

I don’t have game pass, not interested in a subscription plan. I prefer the game bought one and done

2 Likes