MSFS2024 November 19th, 2024

You and me both. I have no idea why so many people on here are so excited. Do they think Asobo will magically fix everything that is wrong with MSFS 2020 that they haven’t been able to fix in four years?

If they sort out the terrible LOD draw distance, the performance, the clouds, the missing weather radar, the ground handling, the mountains, the flight model etc. I’d be a happy man but I’m afraid the focus will be on generic rescue missions and more kid stuff like that horrendous Dune thing.

13 Likes

Probably not on sale less than a week after release. Not common at least.

Nah there’s loads of pretty obvious reasons to be excited. Loads of obvious reasons to be cautious too mind you. There’s lots we don’t know yet but finding out more is reason alone to be excited I think.

From a purely visual point of view (and thats all we’ve got to go on) its ticking a lot of boxes. It looks a real step up, for the most part anyway.

6 Likes

Does anyone know system requirements yet?

I have a 3 year old gaming laptop that plays MSFS2020 good enough, but wont have the hard drive space to include MSFS2024.

Its a Lenovo Legion 7 with Core i7 11800h processor, 32GB DDR4 RAM, and RTX 3080 mobile 16GB.

I’m able to enjoy MSFS2020 good enough on that. How does an Xbox Series X compare to that? Would that be good enough for MSFS2024?

I wouldn’t want to get a new machine until the new technologies come out and mature (at least RTX 5000 series and at least Panther lake while Arrow Lake works out the bugs)

I dont want to uninstall MSFS2020, as I’m “grandathered” into having the Darkstar and don’t want to lose the ability to fly Mach 10 at the sims 275,000ft ceiling, as it really fun and looks like I’m “flying in space”. Even if totally fictitious, it is fun. MSFS also does rending of the earth many many many orders of magnitude better than any space game.

Neither the image or text says anything about whether they’ve addressed the CPU issues.

1 Like

Remember it’s still a trailer. We all know from MSFS 2020 the reality is far from those cherry picked scenarios in the trailers.

8 Likes

This wasn’t the day for tech and specs announcements. They have said before they have reworked the multi threading.

1 Like

But FS2020 has ended up looking way better than any pre release trailer I saw. Its all a work in progress after all.

6 Likes

Especially 2020 which went into crunch during peak COVID. We are lucky it released that year at all, and we are lucky Cyberpunk 2077 took all the flack for releasing prematurely. Clearly the pandemic and how it changed game development workflow threw a wrench in development gears. And we ended up with more of a beta release than one would typically expect. But that was par for any game released in late 2020. Most other games were postponed a full year because of the pandemic.

2 Likes

They did a lot of work to the water. the boats actually are moving with the waves. they arent just static like in FS2020

20 Likes

I’d like to see how rivers and waterfalls are being done now. They’re a really big weak spot of FS2020.

2 Likes

What are these? they go by too fast? The trees are better, much better. they arent floating above the ground here.

2 Likes

Flight-Sims-ulator 2024?

2 Likes

Also inland bodies of water being identical to the sea.

2 Likes

Feed a couple pictures of yourself into a Microsoft Generative AI bot and now you’re in the sim?

Being able to do outside aircraft walk arounds has been asked for by the community pretty much since the sim launched. Various developers have tried and failed to make the feature work and bring it to the current version.

Thats why they’re making such a big deal of showing the new feature off.

As a content creator myself this is all a dream come true. People are really going to be able to make amazing flight simming movies now.

6 Likes

And cars falling off bridges. Been wondering if that will ever be fixed.

3 Likes

I thought they were ‘Mosquitos’ but I’m not sure. :thinking:

Gyrocopters. Definitely something new in this trailer.

2 Likes

You can use a picture of Brad Pitt to represent yourself!