Multiplayer Flight Leader Selection

In larger group flights often the leader dissapears.

Please add an option for players to select 2-3 “priority” pilots that sets the selected pilots to always be shown and for their nameplates to be placed over others.

Many Thanks!

Yeah this would be really nice. Maybe like a “follow” type of feature? Where you can “follow” an aircraft like you would follow a social media account and have them prioritized in terms of seeing them on your screen. Not necessarily being in a group, but in general between large amounts of players.

In reality, this could just be solved if we could have more planes within our view, but I am not sure what the technical reasons are for those limitations.

4 Likes

+1 for this and or similar concept, but I would much rather see the group system improved.

limited to 6? invite only?
can only invite from friends list/no join code?
cant join/add someone from the world map?

These kinds of deficiencies in ease of use have limited my use of the group system to almost never.

That being said, a simpler “follow” feature would be nice.
I’d like to be able to cycle through (xbox/non-mouse) or look at a table of nearby players (name, dist. to me, ect.) and “follow”, add friend, or add to group from there.

6 Likes

+1 for this!

1 Like

+1 for this!

1 Like

voted make life a lot easier for events

2 Likes

Maybe you would consider voting for my related suggestion, which is to implement public ‘super groups’ that would act like community servers. Players could come and go as they wished without needing an invite, or if you wanted to do a private flight you could password protect the group. Community servers/groups for multiplayer

I pretty much only fly on multiplayer with friends, and like you I never use groups because they don’t make sense for us given the many limitations.

I like the idea, but im not sure how it addresses the issue with too many people being being in the flight and not being able to see the leaders

1 Like

I just think the two ideas go well together. Everyone in a ‘server’ should be able to see each other. It allows some limitation (so you aren’t seeing thousands of public players all at once) but not as limiting as the current setup

An idea to make following your flight leader is: Make an interface to list current onscreen players and be able to change their nameplate text color. I could make the leader red text and they would be easier to spot. Also, have a default automatic color choice for friends, yellow text for example.

SU5 update:

Now with the “Local Players” interface in the Pause menu, the work is half done!

Now it just needs a button right under Add Friend for changing color.

• The setting should stick at least until you quit the app (or possibly timeout after 24h? if you have to reload from ctd into a group then the colors are still active)
  • Colorized players should always be visible (within distance limits) even if there are too many other local planes
  • Possibly limit colorizable players to 10 or so.

upvoted for same reasons as mentioned here

& because I generally believe in the potential for a good multiplayer experience in Fs2020,why else bring pc & xbox players together cross platform too :crazy_face:
A group leader helps to give the flight more direction & manages the group(s) maybe could even have some directional power at his command like the ATC has ,putting marks with altitude on the map etc

Adding my +1 to this. It could be something like being able to lock a target player so they stay in view…

Would be invaluable for group flight events.

I’ve been using this mod, it works great