Multiplayer: Players disappearing or not visible at all

As I understand it, the Reno Races will take place inside a private lobby (I’m guessing to avoid trolls and griefers), so more than likely the current disappearing issue won’t affect it.

3 Likes

Great to see it on the list finally. 2022 though? I was hoping for a more concise timeframe than that. Having said that, I have noticed that the issue isn’t as bad as it was. There seems to be less vanishing. I wonder are Asobo working on it behind the scenes? Or it might just be a placebo effect lol

5 Likes

Enjoy group flying, but we just keep disappearing. No point having multiplayer if there can be no multi. Please fix asap

6 Likes

Maybe next year, everyone.

2 Likes

just voted… would be nice to see this fixed, kills a lot of the enjoyment of multiplayer and flying with friends. Trying to work on ATC is a bit hard when you can’t track the planes. :wink:

3 Likes

Lol me too, and if you look at the list of bugs we are not ready to do group flights :unamused:

Very dicouraging that this is still an issue, but not a priority. Let promote MSFS on Twitch, Let’s do a group fly! Oh ignore that you will see people disappear.
Everything is fine! Nothing to see here!

1 Like

It’s not a priority because people aren’t voting on this thread. Strange, given it’s a global, in some cases gamebreaking bug.

1 Like

Well its a step in the right direction and a huge thanks to @Jummivana for asking the question. Martial is aware of it so that gives me confidence this will be focused on more.

Let’s see how the next few days go

3 Likes

well said @dTwotonemurphy …I’m happy that my thread is supported by you and all others…Multiplayer is an essential feature…Thank you
I will test in the next hours…In the release notes is written that multiplayer is almost fixed (smore stability)
Let’s see

3 Likes

I have made some tests…I hope it is so, i have noticed that multiplayer is more stable…Let’s see when there will be the server overload

4 Likes

Good to hear. Hopefully it stays that way.

1 Like

We did a test flight with 3 players yesterday. Unfortunately, no improvements. All of us just randomly disappeared and appeared every few minutes.

2 Likes

Still very much an issue in the current update. Worse I think, in my experience. Everyone showed up from a distance before then vanished when closer. Just now, after update, I see a dozen or so pilots vanishing at once (off and on) in a much wider area. Tried a few locations, same thing. Seems worse. This really should be top of the priority list.

2 Likes

Can confirm still happening on my end as well. Multiple people disappear at the same time (players that disappear are roughly 1 mile to 5 miles “ish”).

2 Likes

Yep still happens, it was great first few months up to about su3 then gradually got less stable.
The issue of stuff disappearing when close is strange almost as if the netcode has problems when a higher LOD is presented.

(nothing to do with the fading when very very close before anyone mentions that)

2 Likes

I don’t know how the multiplayer mode works but it looks like the program prioritizes the display of players with low ping or whatever mysterious criteria, it might be more ideal to prioritize nearby airplane in terms of distance, even if the ping is higher than that of a remote airplane …

I don’t see the point of showing me the labels of the players whose aircraft I can’t even see …

2 Likes

I agree but I would say that just because I can’t see them doesn’t mean I don’t want to know where they are within reason. I certainly don’t care about those ones way off in the distance. I think just use distance and/or intercept time as the criteria and if it needs capping then just the closest aircraft under that cap limit.

1 Like

Yes, this happens to me too. Flying with my dad we would show up when far away, then would disappear when we got closer. So annoying.

Same issue here but…
Mulptiplayer now seems to be ok when flying in formation but animation are broken.
Gear, flaps wont share in multiplayer mode.
Anyone have the same things?