Multiplayer: Players disappearing or not visible at all

Yes I was wondering this too. And people seem to be seeing the same people disappearing at the same time, whereas before, it was more random, and somebody disappearing on one person’s screen wouldn’t be the same person disappearing from someone else’s screen. Which leads me to believe that it’s actually a new bug (although almost certainly related).

Great video BTW. It shows the problem perfectly.

4 Likes

Great video mate
This is pretty much spot on what is happening.

From my testing it doesnt seem to matter if the other users are on your friends list or not. It doesnt seem linked to any particular server or in game setting. Also it doesnt matter what type of aircraft is being flown, be it a default Asobo, payware addon or 3rd party aircraft.

Its purely random

There are days when the servers seem to be operating just fine and then others they are a disaster.
The initial fix applied some weeks ago did have an impact so I hope they are getting close!

5 Likes

Particularly bad tonight. Just 3 of us on a group flight constantly disappearing, trying a few different servers and not helping

3 Likes

Had issues with large chunks of people disappearing in events on East USA server for the last four weekends with only 5 or less people still visible.

3 Likes

This is still a big problem… if i see a friend on the world map, its impossible to find them in-game if they’re on east usa server. sometimes there are 20 people i can see and an instant later poof they’re gone.

3 Likes

I thought they fixed this. Players pop in then disappear right away. Airports are empty on east server.

3 Likes

The last two weeks I (PC-User) was playing with a friend (XBOX) - and it was working fine. After updating today (v1.21.18.0) we were not able to see each other in the world. Group invitation was possible - we saw each other on the world map but not ingame. Later on he was able to see my activities in the world, but i didn’t see him. We both saw the same player in the world. We tried it without group invitation and same behaviour.

5 Likes

Yep - the servers are still not fixed. I have found the SouthEast Asia servers a little better - but Im not sure if thats because of time zones and less people on them - or perhaps - less traffic in the areas we fly.

Keep the votes coming folks - remind your communities and friends - we are at #24 at present

5 Likes

This issue started popping back up again. Today has been relatively bad when it comes to this issue.
I noticed a little bit of issues over the past few days, but the past 24 hours or so has been pretty poor. Granted its not as bad as it once was, but still a major issue it seems.

4 Likes

Came to this thread to state the same thing.

I know not everyone does this, but Friday nights typically tend to get busy, and I have been waiting at one particular airport, pacing the tarmic back and forth, waiting to draw someone in so we can fly.

I wait sometimes for hours. I pace back and forth so my altitude changes in case someone at distance wants to fly, they’ll know I’m not static.

Finally, some action! I go to meet up, everyone disappears. This happened multiple times and ugh…to wait and wait for action only for the servers to make everyone disappear, it doesn’t help with the throttle frustration I experienced earlier. MSFS really needs to hire more people who can fix issues in a more timely fashion or better yet, be pro-active instead of re-active.

2 Likes

Since this is an old topic, would this issue get looked at again or will it get swept under the rug b/c the people who can fix it think it’s an old problem that’s already been fixed?

Maybe a title “Server Issues -insert date” so that way they know if there’s a new server issue problem.

1 Like

This issue is still very much active and is on the feedback snapshot #22 for bugs.
Currently under investigation - there was a server update applied which has made some impact but the problem still exists.

Creating additional threads wont refresh the issue as everything is voted on (be sure to vote on the issue)

I am hopeful SU8 will finally sort this but Im not sure - it looks to be server based so what ever framework is used for the multiplayer environment - it worked perfectly prior to SU5 and the introduction to the Xbox console. Since then its been a problem. People just vanishing in the sim environment - and outside of the normal crash detection and close proximity rules applied to the core sim.

I think there should be a separate server for PC, then one for Xbox and finally a joint server for both.

It sounds like a basic request but I imagine the work required on the back end is huge.

MS and Asobo are very aware of the issue - and its one they want sorted - afterall, one of the biggest selling points of MSFS (apart from the world generation, weather and indeed prior to the more sophisticated airliners coming in) is the ability to fly with your friends.

I have found that using different regions from time to time can help - but there is no pattern. North Europe can be hit and miss whilst the US servers seem fine at 0800-1400z

5 Likes

It seems to be load related. If you want to fly in a big group, you need to be on SE Asia, even if it has a bad ping. During slow times in the US, east and west are ok.

They need to beef up the servers or have higher bandwidth. I think they load shed during peak times…decreasing the number of internet players they provide to you.

3 Likes

Yes problem always exciting, and in my case sometimes even worse;
The plane keeps dancing back and forth as if to synchronize its position,which is extremely inconvenient for formation flights.

As Twotonemurphy says, installing a separate server might be a solution, on my side this problem started with the release of the Xbox platform.

Mod edit: removed tagging of CMs

(For community managers) Could we have some news on this problem please!!

4 Likes

i can confirm , as everyone , that the prolem started after xbox release (su5)…Now it’s better but not fully solved…3 months ago it was fully broken

7 Likes

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Store

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
no

Brief description of the issue:
The simulator function where I can invite friends into a closed group is BUGGED from the beginning of the flightsimulator on.

1. When I invite new members to a group, it sometimes need several seconds up to minutes, until they get the invite.
  2. when they finally are in the group they randomly get kicked out of the group again, for no reason! Even the group leader gets kicked out sometimes.
  3. even when the group-Member gets the message, that he was kicked out, he cant set the weather however he Want.
  4. the maximum group size of 6 (as far as I remember) is way to small. Please increase that to 20, which would be very useful for groupflights!! (OK, this topic 4 is not a bug, but would be very much appreciated)
2 Likes

ok, my Post was merged into this.

Because it is labeled as [BUG LOGGED] , I would like to know, since when the Bug is logged and if there is someone working on that to resolve.
This BUG regarding the groups is very annoying and so actually the groups are COMPLETELY USELESS!!

2 Likes

The best way to find out is in this.
It will tell you the current status
It is listed as item #22 in the bugs list.

Have you voted on it?

Yep - we have been refering to it as #22 for a while now

Im hoping SU8 fixes this

2 Likes

Same issue with a friend. I will see them sometimes…sometimes not. Sometimes just their tag…sometimes their tag and the plane. Frustrating.
I wish Asobo would fixate on long standing bugs instead of adding more stuff.
I know I know…they have separate teams.
Bugs should always be fixed before new content is added.

6 Likes