Multiple Views more important than multiple monitor support

Multi-Views concept (software) needs multi-monitor support (peripheral), but just having the ability to support multiple monitors is actually limiting the capacity for cockpit builders.

We need both.

The ideal is to have independently configurable camera views, secondary to the primary view. That way we can create views anywhere in the cockpit or as a passenger… anywhere. Previous versions touched on this, but the free cam possibilities of MSFS 2020 new camera tools take it to another level.

The point here is, (windowed) VIEWS with configurable lateral rotational offsets and free motion xyz camera positions is far superior to just “multi-monitor support”. Imaging setting up a cockpit and also a cabin with PASSENGER VIEWS. :heart_eyes:

(Multiple) Configurable Windowed Views please Asobo. Not just “multi monitor support”. As a bonus, cloud share the camera view, so that remote users can “fly with”…

35 Likes

Wow! Good concept!

1 Like

Well, it seems only 2 of us think so.
:laughing: :upside_down_face: :laughing:

2 Likes

Unfortunately… Did you try to include this post as your figured one on your account?

There’s an entire thread in the “wishlist” section that touches on exactly this, with over 1100 votes. When Asobo promised us multimonitor support out of the gate, we assumed that we would get something similar to the other big-name simulators, in that we’d have the ability to put independently configurable views on additional monitors. The reason you’re not getting more love here is because the discussion is over there.

3 Likes

Hello Asobo, hello Simmers

For me as a longterm Cockpitbuilder with p3D it would be Great if you guys would Realize the Same Thing like P3D Manages. Viewgroups! From Fly Elise! Immersive Display Software!

We can do 200 degrees of correct view on cylindrcal Screen!

That would be it!

Regards Jörg

4 Likes

I’m a real pilot and we can’t fly correctly VFR or IFR without at least 3 views. Best I can tell, all airplanes have at least 3 windows in the cockpit. MuIti monitor stretching is a long way from multi views. Sure would be nice if MSFS would respond to our posts once in awhile and give us some hope for the future. Until they correct this issue MSFS 2020 won’t work for me. I was really looking forward to the graphics too. Too bad!

5 Likes

Yup, I try to fly, but it’s useless with only one screen. I guess it’s an OK GAME. But not a simulator. And most times I try to PLAY, it needs an update…

Agreed. “Multiple monitor support” is a misnomer, and it makes me fear that Asobo, not really knowing what people are asking for, will deliver plain multi-monitor support. In reality, multiple camera viewports are what we need.

X-Plane has the ability to set a separate camera viewport on each monitor. We need something like this in MSFS.

Hopefully Asobo can also implement working touch screen support. Then we can set cameras to instruments and controls and use them directly with touch vs a mouse.

But based on past features added to the sim at user request, I’m keeping my expectations low.

9 Likes

Yes, Multi camera views on separate monitors Is what I voted for.

3 Likes

Until I hear or see otherwise from Asobo, I’m not convinced that’s what we’re getting.

1 Like

We can certainly hope the multi-view in MSFS will be as great as the one in XPlane. You can place monitors in both vertical and horizontal locations and make it work.

1 Like

I think you have been misunderstanding this ‘multi-monitor support’ for ability to stretch a single sim view to multiple monitors. That we can do already without any additional development on Asobo side.

This multi-monitor support indeed is the ability to set-up different views in the sim and allocate them on separate displays.

I wouldn’t mind to extend this even further like X-Plane does - on XP you can set up cluster of computers on you Local Area Network to run (and thus load balancing the processing) different views concurrently. This would open up huge possibilities to increase performance of the sim.

Indeed we can. But from the scant info we got during Q&As saying they’re struggling with distorted fields of view, it leads me to believe that Asobo are misunderstanding what’s needed and are trying to replicate the function of nVidia Surround within the sim.

I really hope I’m wrong about this. But when we have no concrete info and have to piece together bits of vague information, it’s hard to get a picture of what’s going on.

3 Likes

Yes, we definetely need something like the ViewGroup Management Option of Prepar3d to set up seperate views!!

2 Likes

Agreed 100%

When I look at what was offered for the Replay Feature, I am not sure the legacy knowledge base (experience, best practices, ux and ui needs) for multiple views from other platforms will be factored. Both XP and P3D had very pragmatic and customizable views, but that is not to discredit FSX either.

The based on other rollout, degradation to FPS is probably a safe bet, but functionality and customizable views done via straightforward UI and UX is the dream.

I am hopeful to be pleasantly surprised.

I think they will do a good job and will deliver a good solution to us who need this feature.
One of the hardest things is to not knowing anything about. (My english is not the best),- but until now I never heared something of what we can expect or how it will be, which settings will be included etc… a “top secret” -case (the complete homecockpit topic),…

I whish that they give us some infos of what the homecockpit-scene can expect about it in the upcoming Q&A-stream.

~#! But anyways, they did until now a very good job with MSFS, Thank you a lot Asobo/ MS, for what you realized for us.!#~

But …

… NOW we want to see your masterpiece at all our triple screen’s/ projection screen without distortion as in one of the first preview videos of MSFS2020 :wink:

and as always from my side, - sorry for my bad english…

Frederic

1 Like

Hello, everyone,

Multiview would have been almost a basic requirement for MSFS2020.
Unfortunately, some people worked very, very sloppily here, in my opinion.
For me, the FS2020 is at the moment just a well-done beta version which is being tested by the general public.
It’s also a pity that the developers can’t remember your release (which I was promised as far as I know) and don’t release certain things for third parties.
So you were actually lied to from the start.

If you can’t bring an acceptable multiview solution soon, I’ll give up the FS2020 and switch back to XPlane 12 or P3D.

Best regards
Urs

7 Likes

I can’t find the vote button but I completely agree this is preventing me from moving completely to MSFS at the moment.

3 Likes

Same here!

1 Like