Must Fly Flight Suggestions

Looking for some suggestions on “Must Fly” flights in Flight Simulator. Please include at a minimum Departure airport, Arrival Airport and suggested aircraft. If you really want to get specific, you could even include a flight plan. I usually find myself flying in the same comfortable area and was hoping to try some new spots.

1 Like

Take a look here https://worldtour.flights/ lots of great flight plans available for free!

Here’s a list of my flight plans too.

8 Likes

Very useful website.

Cheers.

In all seriousness.

Take off from your ‘local’ strip, then either ‘shadow’ your local meridian [by flying north or south] or
fly parallel to the equator [by flying east or west].
Continue flying, deviating along the way to land and refuel or to take in points of interest
along the way, such that you eventually arrive back at your ‘local’ airport.

Congratulations Captain. You have just successfully circumnavigated the entire world.

Note: Your sense of achievement will be seriously enhanced if you do this with your
GA aircraft of choice!

3 Likes

These are awesome: https://msfsbushtrips.com/idaho-bush-trip-for-microsoft-flight-simulator-2020/

Fly them without GPS or autopilot for a real pilot challenge.

4 Likes

Thanks so much @anon99207371! @J4011K You can take a look at the threads on here where we discus my bush trips, but feel free to shoot me any questions you have!

3 Likes

Fantastic!

This thread, generally, has the potential to just keep on giving.

2 Likes

Wow! I’m flying that “Touring the Azores” flight (LPHR - LPLA) from the flightplan on that site and the scenery is absolutely unreal.

1 Like

Good information. Thanks for sharing.

This is good advice.

I’ve modified this a little bit by taking the “long way” from San Diego to Japan. I started at KSAN and I’ve done mostly one to two hour flights across the Southern US, then up the East Coast, then West to Seattle, up to Alaska and just landed in Dutch Harbor tonight. A few more hops and coast guard or naval stations as I head West, then down Russia and into Japan to check out the new update.

All info he DA-62. It’s been a blast. I just decided to do it. I’ll eventually make my way around the globe using this method of travel and I hope to be back in the US when the US update drops so that I can try the same thing using different airports and into other areas (Canada/South America, etc).

Just get in your plane and go.

1 Like

Haha. Your trip sounds great!

With regard to circumnavigation’s, the only other thing I would add is that, in some parts of the world
[Russia for example] airports are [quite literally] a little thin on the ground. So in order to avoid
flying yourself into a corner -as it were - one has to think at least three or four airports ahead.

As a general rule I plan my routes in advance, manageable chunk by manageable chunk.
This works well in that I can more easily encompass deviations for the purposes of ‘sight seeing’
whilst achieving a good balance between flight planning and actually flying.

Clear sky’s.

Katmandu (VNKT) —> Lukla (VNLK) ~1 hour or less.

This is my favorite trip as it is never the same.

Flying a small GA plane, i guess it has to be turboprop, and since the planes have no pressure cabin and (i pretend) that it does not have any oxygen supply then you do not fly at or above 10000ft for long as you would get nausea and could faint.

So i fly the trip mostly at 6000ft following valleys and only climb higher when absolutely needed, and back down when possible. Ofc since lukla is at 9380ft i have to go up right before landing.

With the nice weather in the sim, and the mountains always/mostly have plenty of clouds this trip is very challenging. (remember to have an alternate arrival airstrip at hand if too cloudy)

Because of the weather the trip is never the same.

4 Likes

I can recommend KSFO to KLAS, IFR low altitude, in the Citation CJ4 - the scenery is fantastic!

1 Like

VNKT-VQPR in A320,
beautiful panorama of Himalayas and Mt.Everest.
One of the most challenging approach at Paro IRL by A319 IIRC.
Have fun:)

1 Like

Gold Coast to Sydney, Australia. I highly recommend a CJ4 or A320. The approach to Sydney is incredible.

Another one I like is Toulouse, France to Nice/Côte-d-azur, France. Be sure to do the (I think its runway 24 or 26) approach. Extraordinary.

1 Like

Another great suggestion. I flew the SNTNA2 departure with views of the Golden Gate Bridge. The scenery over the Sierra Nevada Mountains didn’t disappoint either. Thanks!

1 Like

I live In Montana, USA, and it is a beautiful state and great place for a nice VFR flight! I would suggest starting off at KBZN-Bozeman/Yellowstone International Airport. From there, fly northwest to KMSO-Missoula International Airport and make a quick stop. Then for your final leg, head north to KGPI-Glacier Park International Airport. You will see many beautiful sites along this route including Notable Mountain Ranges, Rivers, Lakes, National Forests etc. Although all the airports listed are International airports, they are still small enough to be unique in many ways, and great for GA Aircraft, yet large enough to handle Commercial Jets. The whole trip is roughly 250 Nautical Miles.
HIGHLY RECOMENDED!!! As far as a suggested aircraft to use, I would go with a Single Engine Piston Prop so you are not going too fast to take in the beautiful sites along the way!

2 Likes

Sounds nice. I think I will give your Montana tour a go when the next world update comes out.

1 Like

Try doing some flights around using Asheville Regional airport area it’s good airport to practice either regional jets or the default a320 and also try some flights around based out of the Knoxville downtown Island Airfield the pattern is really fun trying to follow the river in the DA62

1 Like

The Rnav approach into RW25 at LSGS Sion, was quite fun. Transition at Grana or similar. Going back several weeks here, so you will need to look up Grana, or whatever it was.

1 Like