Navigraph Price increase of 9% as of 8 December

I like the soft words “price adjustment” used in the notice by navigraph.

The translation is that it is a price increase of 9% to the Monthly and Annual subscriptions.

The last software update, which was good, now seems like a ‘softening’ for this 9% increase.

Dear Navigraph User,

In this message we wish to inform you about an upcoming price adjustment and a minor change to our terms of service.

Price Adjustment
As previously communicated in the newsletter and press release of November 8 2022 subscription prices will be adjusted with effect from December 8 2022.

The new subscription prices will be:

Unlimited Monthly 9.05 EUR
Unlimited Yearly 81.64 EUR
Navigation Data Yearly 29.79 EUR
All prices are exclusive of VAT which is applied individually for each subscriber resident in a country within the EU.

This price adjustment applies to new as well as active subscriptions

Updated Terms of Service

Section 1.7 in our Terms of Service will be amended on January 1 2023 to clarify that subscribers whose accounts have been terminated due to violation of the terms have forfeited the right to reimbursement of any paid subscription amount.

1 Like

Topic moved into #third-party-addon-discussion:tools-utilities where this can be discussed.

Hmmm, have you not heard, inflation in Europe is running on average at 10%, so price increase is mostly long overdue, they cannot operate in the dark, people working for them need to eat and heat homes. Those particular prices are just out of site in most of Europe now, a 9% increase over a year is really not much.

We are feeling it in the states as well. I fully expect the price of fuel - all types - to skyrocket if the R/R folks go on strike. Half and Half has not been available in one store here in 5 months, and Walmart has not gotten delivery in 2+ weeks. As trying to keep this nice, hungry people do weird things when see no hope.

So, if one already has an unlimited yearly subscription, that has by definition, already been paid for, surely they can’t add an additional charge for remaining months or can they?

“This price adjustment applies to new as well as active subscriptions” might suggest that is what they might be thinking of doing.

Perhaps an exception for existing already-paid-for subscriptions was accidentally omitted from their release???

Personally I don’t know that Charts justifies the subscription price.

7 Likes

And yet with non discretionary prices (food, energy costs in the UK, mortgage increases etc etc) hitting the roof at the moment some people may not be able to justify yet another price increase for what is, for most of us, a discretionary product.

The great thing here is that at least people have a choice. If they can no longer afford the product or do not wish to pay the increased price then they can vote with their wallet and cancel their subs. I’m guessing that some people will. Totally understandable too, at least to me. It’s a lot more difficult, though, with non discretionary products :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Based on the recent massive charts update alone I believe the price increase is justified (imo), They opened a “beta” of in-sim charts 8 for all yearly subscribers and a beta of their new simbrief overhaul (I believe for charts 8 beta testers) which is looking great and will continue to be free. Lots of active development.

1 Like

I guess I was not notified.

Got the Beta. It’s early yet but this is much more what I had in mind.

1 Like

Just a heads up that the new features of Charts v8 do not work with MSFS and VR. The toolbar they used is incompatible with MSFS and how they did Charts v8. The toolbar will use the older v7 plans, and you are not able to use the Desktop v8 new auto planning features with what you see in MSFS. Hopefully they figure something out for that.

Edit: see here for news, looks like they figured it out Navigraph Price increase of 9% as of 8 December - #14 by secretfarmerGal

Yes, this sim, and everything associated with it is “fun money” not “necessities of life money” so all of us do it as can afford. Navigraph is nice, but I suppose I could live without it, so far have not had to make that choice. But day may come, eating/fuel/eating and gas is more important, and keeping roof over head as well. And yes, I know I repeated myself to make point. Sim is way down on list of “have to haves”. Happy Flying.

3 Likes

With the exchange rate I was paying less then I was a year ago. Now it will be about the same again.

That is a bummer. I was already fighting against my better judgement to go for the monthly subscription.
But now with 9 EUR - which amounts to roughly 15 EUR in my country ajdusted to spending capacity - it is way too expensive for me. I guess that was the last month I am subscribed to their charts.

2 Likes

You must not do much IFR flights. I use it all the time and the 9% increase is not an issue for me.

We already spend tons of money on the Simulator, $9 or so more for an annual subscription is well worth it to me for the enjoyment and use I get out of it.

1 Like

They have already showed a demo of charts v8 for ingame toolbar in msfs whatever issue they had they have found a way round it

2 Likes

That’s great news - thanks

EDIT: Resubscribed for a year again and trying this beta version out of a new MSFS v8 panel: Charts 8 In-Game Panel Beta Testing - Charts In-Game Panel Beta Testing - Navigraph

Is the “Navigation Data Yearly” charge an extra cost on top of the “Unlimited Monthly/Yearly” subscriptions – ie. you have to pay to subscribe and then pay more to get current nav data – or is it a separate charge for just the navigation data with no access to charts?

And if it’s the latter, how does one subscribe to just nav data? I only see options to subscribe to Navigraph on a monthly/yearly basis but no way to buy nav data alone.

Hello,

I understand this new info simply, I’ve already purchased 1 year complete access so no other charges I expect from Navigraph, why yes? I see new offer from their site, looks like they now offer only complete packages, monthly and per year, no specific only data or only charts program. It’s simply clear now. For old and new customers, it’s mean that same prices will be applied also to old customers without to see to their previous time subscriptions so in next new subscription for them, new prices will be proceeded. I understand like this, clearly. In other problems contact them, they will answer to you without problems. On other side I see also now that 1 year subscription is with still same old price as it was so you can choose if you want…

Im starting to think the same. Forgot mine was on auto renewal and that kicked in last week.
I rarely use it. I mainly fly VFR but do often plan the correct procedure approach - and a lot of this information is available within Little Nav Maps.

So will need to remember to turn off auto renewal!

1 Like

You’re correct. On all points. However, I am sick and tired of businesses treating us like imbeciles with jargon-laden language. Give it to us straight. Don’t say you’re adjusting price. Say you’re increasing them and say why. People would understand if they said something like, “We are increasing our prices due to world-wide inflation and we must continue to pay our staff a living wage. To do this, we must increase our prices”. Who could argue with that?

3 Likes

Smart move, get everyone hyped and locked in and then jack up the price after they’ve subscribed or renewed, muahahaha.