Need help with Unreal Weather-Live METAR

Yes I was incorrect. I was installing it into my Steam version of the game. I have both so I can test my aircraft I work on in both games.

It seems installing this add on is not possible with the Windows Store version of the game due to MS locking you out of those files. It will only work on the Steam version.

I am going to try and see if I can make it work via the Community folder and if so will post instructions on how to do so.

Hey guys, these are the equivalents to the folders. Not editable so far - WindowsApps.

UnrealWeatherLive.WPR >>
Steam version:
\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Weather\Presets\
MS Store Edition:
\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Weather\Presets
\Ģ¶MĢ¶SĢ¶FĢ¶SĢ¶\Ģ¶OĢ¶fĢ¶fĢ¶iĢ¶cĢ¶iĢ¶aĢ¶lĢ¶\Ģ¶OĢ¶nĢ¶eĢ¶SĢ¶tĢ¶oĢ¶rĢ¶eĢ¶\Ģ¶fĢ¶sĢ¶-Ģ¶bĢ¶aĢ¶sĢ¶eĢ¶\Ģ¶wĢ¶eĢ¶aĢ¶tĢ¶hĢ¶eĢ¶rĢ¶\Ģ¶PĢ¶rĢ¶eĢ¶sĢ¶eĢ¶tĢ¶sĢ¶\Ģ¶

WeatherEditionMenu.html / WeatherEditionMenu.js >>
Steam version:
\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\fs-base-ui\html_ui\Templates\WeatherEditionMenu\
MS Store Edition:
Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.8.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Packages\fs-base-ui\html_ui\Templates\WeatherEditionMenu\

Thanks!

Yes but you canā€™t edit the files to install the Weather Edition things. I have tried everything and it says need computer admin but doesnā€™t give me an option to do it and I am on the PC admin.

Not even xcopy workingā€¦

I think I might have a work around, I will let you know in a moment

Nope it wonā€™t let me take ownership of the Packages folder to change the files needed but it will let me take ownership of every other folder.

correction for the Ms Store edition for UnrealWeatherLive.WPR :
C:\Users"yourname"\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Weather\Presets

@DreadMetis the issue is getting ownership of the folders for the other files.

Told it beforeā€¦ the ā€œcorrectionā€ msg was to Makreliakā€™s msg

Yeah I tried several ways of taking ownership and it will let me take ownership of the WindowsApps folder and see the files but not change them or copy the new ones over.

Did you go to properties and make sure you have full access rights, not just read-only rights?

Yes I even took full ownership of the folder. Trying a community folder install now, if so I will upload the file edits I did

this might take a bit as I have to rewrite the manifest and layoutfiles

1 Like

Hey, Thanks. Corrected and now in one place :wink:

I imagine that would be too easy if there was a working SDK for that, and we wouldā€™n even exchange, so letā€™s see some positive here :stuck_out_tongue:

Bon courage as we say in french :smiley:

Yeah a real SDK would be nice. I am rewriting the files needed now and hopefully this will work to get it working. If not I am at a loss.

Testing my rewrites now

No Luck yet, working with a few changes.

Sorry guys no luck getting it to work in the community folder. I think MS Store users are just out of luck on this one.

To get permission and unlock folder, besides trying through security tabs and file properties, try to hunt down the registry keys keeping them hidden and lockedā€¦

Well at least it will be good for Steam users, you just have to put a warning on the softā€¦

1 Like

Well, Iā€™ve about exhausted my tech knowledge trying to copy/paste files into that weathereditionmenu folder. I can get access to windows apps and traverse folders, but I canā€™t make any edits. These files arenā€™t accessible in linux or WinPE. If anyone is actually able to get this working with the windows store version, let me know. The windowsapps folder seems like an impenetrable vault.

Just gonna say it:

You canā€™t edit these files for good reason as they are part of the Microsoft store apps and hence this is where the digital licence etc kicks in. You can override this, probably with some registry shenanigans but I strongly advise against it. You do so at your own risk and the likelihood of problems with msfs and other store shops seems high.

The other issue is that those files could be modified or over written on Tuesday with the Japan update and patch. We know that people have had issues with files in the community folder with the last patch never mind actually editing the code game files. Again you do so at your own risk.

I got one am steering clear of anything that does this for now until things are much more stable

1 Like

I think I am going to leave it alone for now until there is a way to install it properly via the Community folder. I think a Weather fix is coming this week so messing with it might mess that up. I was just trying to get it to work for these guys.

Iā€™ve tried for hours to unlock the folder and itā€™s ā€œspecial permissionsā€ with administrator privilegeā€™s but to no avail. Microsoft store blocks you outright from modifying the contents of the simā€™s folder.

Well isnā€™t that nice Microsoftā€¦ I wish they just permitted me to get a refund like I asked to buy the steam version instead. What a mistake was to preorder this cra**y version.
Now there is now hope of modding MY paid-for software. No Reshade or any other nice mods that will be out in the future. all I can do is pay for another Steam version again.
This is truly unfair. What a sham!
Rant - off.