New helicopters oscillating wildly

Scroll up a few posts to @zanyt13 reply, and/or see support, known issues.

I hope those birds get lots of attention soon. 2h of flight in the 407 just now all good and suddenly it starts spinning out of the blue as if the tail rotor was gone (except it wasnā€™t) with no way to save it.

Marked solution in this post is the only help :slight_smile:

If Iā€™m not mistaken Asobo released a statement saying that they were aware that Helicopters werent behaving for ā€œsomeā€ users. they know what the issue is, and were working on a solution. But this was like a week ago. The helicopters in game do require more trimming than helicopters in real life, but thats mostly because they donā€™t seem to slip-stream as much as real life, and while you do have to hold forward cyclic in a real helicopter, it is a very small amount. not nearly as much as you have to in the sim. If I had one complaint, the sim helicopters seem to want to dive to the left when you push the stick forward, and tilt back when you push left, etc. This is their attempt at modelling gyroscopic precession. But they seem to have overlooked that this is already addressed in the design of the rotor head, swash-plate, and the linkages to the cyclic controls. In a real helicopter the system is designed to compensate, so when you miove the cyclic, the rotor head tilts and the blades pitch as necessary to impart a predictable reaction to the airframe. There is a lot of room for improvement in the sim for Helicopters, but overall, for most players, they operate as Asobo intended them to. For better or worse.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Thank you! I reinstalled DCS to make sure I hadnā€™t forgotten how to fly helicopters, turns out it was the SIM after all!

1 Like

yes

Not only that the heliā€™s in my version wont fly horizontally at all no matter how much i oush the stick forwarx ,it will dio down a little then straight up it goes even with the stick pushed forward then oscilates like mad.

Scroll up a few posts and follow the directions. Itā€™s the post marked solution.

See here also

Also make a seperate joystick profile for helicopters using this:

I have the exact same problem.

I take off, and if I attempt to go into a hover, I need to put full right tail rotor, then full left tail rotor, ad infinitum. There is no way to stop this other than moving forward from the hover. In reality, helicopters can hover - in the sim, no way.