New MSFS 2020 - Cessna L-19 Bird Dog to be released today

This is why dev screening should be required for the market place. After seeing the flippant responses on here by the developer, I would say it is best left off for someone who can be more professional instead of reactive.

7 Likes

Can somebody enlighten me on when this is going to be on the marketplace?
Iā€™d rather have all my purchases in one place. Thanks a lot in advance.

I cannot at this stage unfortunately, The Marketplace website is not working properlyā€¦ I hope they will get it up and running soon SO I can only anticipate our involvement being soon after that

There are already reviews ā€¦ look at the Kitfox, 2 stars now, itā€™s a commercial suicide to put something that doesnā€™t reach a minimum there.

I like the steam way, they donā€™t screen for quality, users do. I hope the marketplace will be similar.

2 Likes

I see it both ways. I definitely prefer the reddit way myself, user and community votesā€¦ things just donā€™t survive that arenā€™t up to snuff. Unfortunately, when you have kids (I do it for my kids) that have marketplace cards, they get suckered into the marketing and end up buying things regardless of reviews. I donā€™t think products that canā€™t meet minimum standards should be allowed on marketplace. Or maybe there could be sort of two marketplaceā€™s which would be nice actually. One with MS approved products that have a higher barrier of entry, and another for community (not a free for all, but lesser barrier to entry). This would allow me to keep my purchases in one place for instance. I would have preferred to purchase the L-19 through the marketplace personally.

2 Likes

Not sure how you would know it was a typo if you had nothing to do with that review!

You clearly donā€™t understand what I was explaining with those posts.

3 Likes

@TrevoC655, I assume you are referring to me.

For the record I am a licensed pilot with almost 500 hours experience on SEP, PA28/38, Jodel (Taildragger) Robin DR400 and as my screen name suggests Cirrus SR20/22.

I bought this aircraft immediately it came out on Sunday. I posted in several places about how much fun I was having in the aircraft. Then your YouTube review was posted here so I took a look. You know my views as I left them in your comments section - biased from the get go and unfair for the reasons I stated. OK you explained some of your thinking and I responded thinking we would agree to disagree but no - you came back with more pages of the same stuff in defense of your position. At that point I stopped as I was starting to see the type of person you are and was not going to give you more oxygen.

Then came the MSFS addon review, just like I saw yours I took a look at that one too. I found it matched with my view of the aircraft - fantastic to fly and having handling characteristics that I really like so I said so.

Then you spotted that the author referred to version 1.2 instead of the release version 1.1 - a simple mistake but you decided to concoct a conspiracy theory (referring to me) to discredit the review - the clear insinuation being the review was written by Blackbox Simulations themselves (BBS.)

At that point my view was confirmed - your mind is totally closed to any view different to yours and you are even prepared to make up stuff to justify it to yourself and your followers. My view is further reinforced by the endless posts here, you simply cannot stop writing in support of your own view and at no point do you stop to consider other people may have a valid alternative view or different values.

I could compile a list of all the positive comments I read about the product but I wont bother as you will write to discredit every point.

In closing I would suggest that people that watch your YouTube channel actually consider the type of person you are before basing their purchasing decisions on what you say.

Thank you for your contribution to flight simulation.

2 Likes

The funny thing is, everything youā€™re accusing him of, youā€™re doing yourself. :man_facepalming:t2:

It just seems to me you donā€™t like any kind of review process unless it agrees with you.

6 Likes

@ForbidMite6 - its not that. I wouldnā€™t have taken the time to write this if he had not involved me in his conspiracy theory.

This is my last word on the subject but I suspect it wont be his.

Iā€™m not even sure what you are talking about. ā€œI assume you are referring to meā€ where? I wasnā€™t talking to you or about you at all.

I havenā€™t even engaged you or spoken with you once other than youtube where you were slandering me and accusing me.

Seems like you just wanted to state the above and use me as your proxy. Leave me out of it Cirrus. You keep saying the same thing over and over.

If you actually read any of my posts I think Iā€™m being very fair, even after all this BS from you guys I state that I do like this or that.

Again, I didnā€™t offer any opinions in my review to speak of other than positive. The rest is literally my live experience with the airplane.

In closing I agree, and I think youā€™ll find that the people who have chosen to watch my channel realize Iā€™m not shilling for views on a non-monetized channel where I have purchased every single one of the addons, and I am bringing them as fair of a preview of the addons as I am capable of, to allow them to make their own decision.

I donā€™t rate the addons, I donā€™t offer a ā€œI think you should/shouldnā€™t buy thisā€. I simply state ā€œthis is what I foundā€. Theyā€™re all smart enough to decide for themselves, and Iā€™m not arrogant enough to think that I could influence their decisions anyways with a silly post about how amazing this little bird is or otherwise.

I could care less about the addon, and even all this wonā€™t influence a second review if I decide to do one because its not about you or BBS. Its about me having fun doing reviews and my integrity in doing so.

The only offense Iā€™ve taken over all of this is how stupid you think everyone is. Theyā€™re not, its a different era. People are informed. You canā€™t hoodwink them so easily.

7 Likes

Honestly Cirrus, Iā€™m getting a little tired of the personal attacks. I may disagree with you and the developer, but I havenā€™t attacked you or your character once, but Iā€™m constantly defending mine in your posts.

7 Likes

We can clearly see that @trevoC655 was honest in his review, mentioning the good things and the bad things.

Other reviews only focus in the good things, trying to hide the bad things.
I donā€™t mind why they do it, maybe they are not afiliated with the dev, but the result is the same, a biased review that only says the good things. Thatā€™s not a review, thatā€™s marketing.

6 Likes

@trevoC655

Quote: ā€œHis friend also makes the standard appearance (cirrus) as if he just happened to come along and see the review and have the same experience.ā€

Yes, I commented on what actually happened. You commented on the post (in fact every post everywhere) Its called an observation. That isnā€™t up for argument, you have the same username there.

If you think that is an attack or insult no wonder you guys go off on everyone so easily.

Look at what youā€™ve said both about me and my character and compare it to what I only assume was you going through all of our conversations to find that.

Now do me a favor, and keep your word: ā€œThis is my last word on the subjectā€

Have a nice day.

8 Likes

This thread, the way the developer has conducted himself, the attitude of the developer towards paying customers and the state of the aircraft after launch and 2 updates has lead me to advise any potential customers to steer clear.

This plane is fun to fly, sure. However, it is lacking core features expected in flight sim addon aircraft in this day and age, and certainly at the price point charged. If you can look past all the foibles and write off the money, all the power to you. Those of us who expected a product that matched the description, marketing images/descriptions or even maybe matched the old FSX version are bitterly disappointed and, when we come to a forum to see what the developer is doing about it, we find that we, as customers, are attacked, blamed and made to feel guilty for feeling robbed.

Avoid this plane and this developer. Years of developing for flight sims has been wasted here. This developer cannot conduct themselves professionally nor release a product worthy of the price tag they set. Do not expect customer service but rather excuses, vitriol and chilidsh conduct.

I am going to request a refund, but I do not hold out hope. Shame. This plane looked like my ideal Bush bird.

10 Likes

Hereā€™s a review if, after all that has been said, you are still considering wasting $30 on this:

You really should never, ever give this immature developer the time of day, let alone money.

9 Likes

To be fair, it takes off from water very nicely.

Whether the gear is down or not. :wink:

3 Likes

The review was balanced, and had many, many positive points that shows the developer is continuing to refine the productā€¦ The reviewer himself states that his primary objections are the cost of the model versus itā€™s previous states, and he acknowledges the many improvements that have been made. I think we can all agree that it is a bit overpriced. The list of secondary shortcomings are much improved over his first review, to the point that we are now discussing the accuracy of the listed stall speed. There is an undeniable pattern of improvement with this model from Black Box. There were initially many shortcomings. That list is becoming shorter with each new patch release. There are many customers that are enjoying this plane which only improves with each patch. I remain one of them. Also, I appreciate the fact that the reviewer continues to refine his reviews in parallel with he developerā€™s efforts. :+1:t2:

4 Likes

lol, yeah I thought that was a fitting ending considering all the talk about how realistic it was. A lot more subtle so Iā€™m not sure everyone has picked up on that, but glad you enjoyed it.

For interest as I know, there are a lot of new pilots here, if youā€™re wondering what a gear down water landing looks like, itā€™s not pretty:

3 Likes

Interestingly enough, I landed the Icon on the water to see if it had a wake, and I couldnā€™t see oneā€¦?