NEW Nvidia Drivers: GeForce WHQL 516.94 - Nvidia has issued a security warning for it's GPU drivers on 4/8/2022)

Adri,

I think he is making reference to support being withdrawn for these 10 series cards, I have one. This does not stop one from installing drivers for the 10 series, they are listed in the Nvidia supported cards list right now.
Apart from that, I am not sure what he is talking about either.

Charles.

1 Like

Yes, I want to know also. In this particular case, in my 1060 6Gb, this last driver didnā€™t work so well. But Iā€™m always keep my drivers up to date.

Hi Adri,

I just keep updating my drivers for my 1070, I see they are still listed as compatible. Everything is ā€˜gravyā€™ as far as I am concerned.

Charles.

1 Like

New for todayā€¦

Game Ready for Marvelā€™s Spider-Man Remastered
This new Game Ready Driver provides the best day-0 gaming experience for Marvelā€™s Spider-Man Remastered which includes support for the latest gaming technologies including NVIDIA DLSS, NVIDIA DLAA, NVIDIA HBAO+, and upgraded ray tracing effects. In addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for the latest releases and updates including Madden NFL 23 and the beta for SUPER PEOPLE.

Fixed Issues

• [Apex Legends] Improves gameplay stability. [3661210]
  • [Red Dead Redemption 2] Performance improvement when using DLSS is lower compared to previous drivers. [3700239]
  • [Overwatch] Game may freeze on launching a match. [3696921]
  • [MSI GE66 Raider 10UG/MSI GE76 Raider 10UH] Windows brightness setting does not work when notebook is in dedicated GPU mode. [3693207] [3693211]
  • [Chivalry 2] Toggling DLSS preset may cause gameplay to shimmer or show black rectangle. [3692024]
  • [Dungeons 3] Game will crash on startup. [3691274]
  • [Destiny 2] Game may randomly freeze after launching game or during gameplay. [3685638]
  • [Prepar3D] Light sources display flashing black boxes. [3684206]
  • [Xbox Application] Windowed G-SYNC engages and cause stutter/ sluggish performance in Xbox app. [3674419]
  • [NVIDIA Ampere GPU]: With the GPU connected to an HDMI 2.1 audio/video receiver, audio may drop out when playing back Dolby Atmos. [3345965]

Open Issues

• [RTX 30 series] PC monitor may not wake from display sleep when GPU is also connected to an HDMI 2.1 TV, and the TV is powered off. [3645633]
  • Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used. [3624030]
  • Videos played back in Microsoft Edge may appear green if NVIDIA Image Scaling is enabled upon resuming from hibernate or booting with fastboot. [3624218]
  • [DirectX 12] Shadowplay recordings may appear over exposed when Use HDR is enabled from the Windows display settings. [200742937]
  • Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled. [3592260]
  • [RTX 30 series] Lower performance in Minecraft Java Edition. [3702953]
  • External display may not be detected when connected via USB-C on certain Razer notebooks. [3690673]
  • [Forza Horizon 5] Rainbow like artifacts in game after driver update. [3685123]

Charles.

3 Likes

Installed a few hours ago. No problems encountered.

4 Likes

Iā€™m just about to start my usual stability test which is HAGs enabled and my previously good overclock. With the last few drivers I cannot run both (however performance is better generally). Iā€™ll let you all know.

Edit: No CTDs, no artifacts. I declare this driver stableā€¦ and I seem to have more headroom to OC so it looks like Iā€™ll be busy this weekend.

5 Likes

Brian,

Very useful information, thank you!

Here is the latest Nvidia 516.94 ā€˜slimmingā€™ driver from our friends over at Guru3D.

Standbyā€¦

BRGDS

Charles.

I havenā€™t updated in awhile and Iā€™m starting to regret doing it. Iā€™m noticing more stutters with my 2080ti using the latest driver.

Try raising your graphic settings a notch or two

Nvidia GPUā€™s require a driver update to fix a security issue. Please follow the link below to the official Nvidia website.

516.94 should address the security issue however, please check the information on the official link provided.

Updated 08/04/2022 09:53 AM

NVIDIA has released a software security update for NVIDIA GPU Display Driver. This update addresses issues that may lead to denial of service, information disclosure, escalation of privileges, code execution, or data tampering.

To protect your system, download and install this software update through the NVIDIA Driver Downloads page or, for the vGPU software and NVIDIA Cloud Gaming updates, through the NVIDIA Licensing Portal.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5383

1 Like

Updated today and no issues at the moment.
SU9.

1 Like

The clean Nvidia driver 516.94 is readyā€¦

Charles.

3 Likes

same , my driver as updated without my consent , was using 466.77 fully satisfied , now l m rolling with 512.15 having audio cripping after 2hrs of flight -_- with a gtx1070tiā€¦ ll give a try to the last 516.94 before rolling back

NiKoTin,

TIP:

Disconnect your computer when updating Nvidia drivers if you want to avoid Windows taking charge and installing itā€™s own driver. The Windows approved drivers are behind the current versions. Also bear-in-mind the recent security bulletin from Nvidia in the last week or so, if using an older driver. You can check the driver builds which should be updated by reading the security bulletin.

Charles.

4 Likes

Is there a difference to use the guru driver or the NVCleaninstall?

Only difference Ive seen is that the guru drivers are already stripped for you. I have a collection of nvidia drivers that are working for me for the most part and I use the nvcleanstall to trim them that way I know whats in there and whats not.

1 Like

Follow this link where CptLucky8 shows you how to clean the Nvidia drivers by very simple deletion of folders within the Driver archive and just editing three simple lines with a text editor.

You need to expand the text by clicking ā€˜NVIDIA SETTINGSā€™ the instructions are easy to overlook in his posting. Scroll to bottom and you will find out how to ā€˜Slimā€™ the drivers for yourself.

This is the method I use trim my drivers most of the time.

Charles.

4 Likes

Hi All

PC = intel 12700 CPU + 3080

Upgraded to 516.94. Loaded MSFS2020 (latest). While setting up PMDG 736 - it crashed. Tried again. Same. Rebooted and removed some plugins. Still crashing. Downgraded to 516.59. Just completed flight - no issues.

Iā€™ve made multiple flights in the PMDG -600 and -700 in the last couple days with 516.94 with no issues. It sounds to me very much like you had a corrupted driver install.

1 Like

As I have said before, l might install a driver multiple times if I have an issue.

Charles.