New Nvidia Studio Drivers (not Game-Ready) have dropped! 517.40

ah, ok, you’re right…:thinking:

Interesting. The studio driver for me causes VR to CTD every time I try to switch into it. I am using WMR though. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

I just noticed that myself…let me investigate…that’s crazy… :rofl:

My bad…uploaded the wrong image😂

That is OK I was just curious now every think looks good.
Thanks

crazy the driver date is listed as 9/12/2022 but was released today…go figure… :smiley:

I have another question why is the GPU only using .4 GB of dedicated GPU memory?
Were you pausing the game?

1 Like

@NineMile1 Sim may not be running.

yeah I shut down the sim to double check the driver version…

Saw a test of Studio Driver vs Game ready and the results test came out the same when tested on games. Studio drivers are more stable than game ready. I’m using 517.40 and it preforms the same so for me.

1 Like

Have you tried that yourself? I changed from ultra to high texture res and same VRAM is used. 3070 - 6.3GB before, 6.3GB after.

Yes, this was the easiest way to reduce VRAM usage on SU10 when DX12 was causing the artifacts. I believe this setting requires a sim restart after changing - have you tried that?

I guess that’s going to be in the street…
:wink:

1 Like

Couldn’t be happier…Flying now with the same smoothness (W11/22H2/SU10b4/517.40/DX12) as with SU10b1. No problems detected so far… :grin::hugs:

1 Like

Patience folks. The new Game Ready Driver will launch tomorrow in tandem with SU10. nVidia didn’t make a big stink about it in their keynote to not deliver.

The Studio Driver isn’t going to give you the best results for gaming. It’s not about delivering fps. It’s about rendering and video playback more than anything. Wait for the game driver.

3 Likes

After a restart there is ~400MB difference between Ultra and High (5.98 → 5.58) . Out of curiosity tried Medium and much larger decrease of ~2GB from Ultra (5.98 → 4.11). Medium looks better for VRAM saving.

1 Like

Really doubt any difference, lets see if the marketing is true or not though!

There is nothing in the notes for this driver that mentions the fix for DX 12 for MSFS. Usually the NVidia driver notes mentions any specific fixes for a specific game.

But maybe there are no notes because it’s not the game ready driver?

Yes there is. I have read it with mine own eyes.

Can you post the image of the part where they say there is a fix for MSFS?