New Patch with less trees, looks terrible!

Asobo please fix! There are too little trees now with the new patch and it looks terrible. Long Island in New York looks completely low resolution now.

Please update!

5 Likes

A couple weeks ago people where complaining about too many trees. Have you tried to turn the slider up?

9 Likes

It is a “performance improvement” as promised in the release notes. I bet you’re getting better framerates!

1 Like

Climate change…

13 Likes

Funny but maybe true. Possible they adjusted the spec detection.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/too-much-trees/143233/3

8 Likes

Have you tried comparing sim screen captures to Google Maps in 3D to see how the # of trees compares? Google Maps in 3D is probably a reasonable representation of the # of trees in real life. Also, Google Earth has user-posted photos on the map of real life camera shots.

Whether the overall landscape looks as “purty” and green from high up in the air as it used, too, one might now actually be able to see some details on the ground that the tremendous overgrowth of trees in the sim was hiding before.

Some of you are insane. Too many trees, too little trees. Get a hold of yourselves.

25 Likes

I don’t know about your area but Long Island looks terrible! It looks like all the neighborhoods were bulldozed of trees, this isn’t what Long Island looks like from the air.

4 Likes

The problem was with too tall trees not with the amount of them

2 Likes

The world looks so flat now, really kills the realism…I hope they fix it

4 Likes

Is there a way to edit the trees, I am on ultra already. The tree setting is on ultra

Thanks! Does this edit the density as well?

There is no problem with desity of trees, however it’s a problem with rendering distance of trees, which is now low, causing so much pop-in.

6 Likes

Exactly!. The problem isnt the amount/densty of trees, but the too short DRAWING distance of them.

2 Likes

Alpha 1 was perfect. Since then it’s been too many or too few trees.
The area round Buri Ram airport (VTUO) is typical Thai Issan rice growing with but a few trees scattered across the landscape. Here in MSFS it’s a major Amazon rain forest.
C’est la vie.

3 Likes

Interestingly, the trees in the parking lot at Paderborn/Lippstadt have also disappeared although it is a “handmade” scenery.

1 Like

Its from Aerosoft. Have in mind that their marketing department is often… lets say… enthusiastic about their products.

If you want high quality software it´s maybe safe to say that avoiding Aerosoft is not the worst move.

The scenery is completely fine though… And it’s free!

The tree problem has almost certainly something to do with the update.