New Plane announcement - Junkers Ju 52

Look, were are totally in the same boat here! And again, I apologise for my rough tone here, that was caused by other threads and topics here (so not your post, which is way “on the reasoable side of things”!).

I too was disappointed. But that’s only because I am looking forward so much for this airplane! There is an issue? Okay. They let us know (admittedly the “for weeks” also was a bit of a surprise to me ;)), and that’s all I - as a consumer - need to know.

And yes, there are (ongoing) issues with updates in general. But what people often “overlook”: there has been made more progress than regress. And existing regress (issues) are tackled and acknowledged - and that’s all that counts (for me).

Sure, everyone as a very specific aspect of FS 2020 that is “very important to them” (some navigation system, properly placed buildings around airports, realistic behaviour of aircraft…).

I say: it is all about personal expectation management. Personally I never expected “fully simulated aircraft” in the base installation (I own the Premium variant, as a side note). Not even “100% truly to real life” behaviour. It is a game, after all. A “simulator” for 200$ (as an “upper boundary”).

But: it is also a “platform”. And I still expect 3rd parties stepping in and provide “study level aircraft” (I understand that the DC-6 is pretty close to this already - but since I don’t own it I cannot tell).

And above all: FS 2020 has set the new bar height for visual representation and scenery (the entire planet!), weather system and wind dynamics (again, I am just a layman myself: but even I do realise that there is a distinct difference in “flight dynamics” when you fly “next to a mountain” - is it realistic? I can’t tell! But it feels like realistic, and that’s all that counts for the majority of gamers, I’d say. And yes, I say “gamers” here!).

Again, I apologise for my tone, which was “build up” by other recent threads and postings here. I did not edit my original post, in order to make my apology “valid”.

2 Likes

You’re right. The Ju-52 is a local legend in naming for Asobo but it is truly one here (in Germany). And I was so looking to explore WU6 in this iconic Plane. And now a day before release this has been shot down. That is quite frustrating.

I see a lot of progress in the sim. But to me it looks like Asobo is wanting to much and/or to fast. I would appreciate a slower pace giving them room to breath and fix existing bugs along the way.

P.S.: I’m too still waiting for the Sceneca „in the next days“. There is entertainment value in this sim on more then one level for sure.

1 Like

… and in Switzerland :wink:

1 Like

Seems like the devs have spread themselves a bit thin. There’s been no real change in xbox related bugs, as I imagine they’ve been focused on getting the PC version back up to speed (which is fair, xbox bugs have been mostly stable).

It seems a tad frantic that on the eve of the release of a new aircraft the devs announce they are pushing it back “a few weeks” in order to iron out some bugs. Surely something that is going to take a “few” weeks to sort out is more than a bit of a tweak and must have been apparent for some time. This is why we are becoming exasperated. Things are either released, riddled with bugs, or else are cancelled at the last moment when it becomes apparent that QC isn’t prepared to pass it.

This is another example of marketing opening its big mouth before the coders are ready and putting them under huge pressure to get something out the door with an unrealistic timetable. I think it is this scenario that leads to most of the issues we are continually seeing with the title.

4 Likes

Atleast they learned to better delay it and release it in a better state than rush it out of the door. I appreciate this way. But yes, announcing releasedates months in advance was never a good idea.
Most serious 3rd party developers learned this in the past years and just say “its ready when it is ready”.
Their marketing should adjust to that, indeed.

4 Likes

I do care, so dont speak for me please.

Did you just reference Aerosoft as an example for timely communication and project management? That is hilarious!

They are the masters of delays, radio silence and cancelled altogether projects.

8 Likes

August is “hardcore holiday month” in Europe, basically nobody’s at work, minimum staff everywhere. MS has announced a release date and I suppose they simply didn’t check back with Asobo and now they have the situation that nobody’s there and the things’s not ready.

Same problem with the xbox release dated for late July with developers being on vacation right after. So here we are with issues over issues and nobody there to fix them. All MS can do now is wait.

1 Like

I definitely care.

2 Likes

Even Asobo can’t make their planes work on the sim they built. It’s been a messy first year.

Postpones raises expectation
Teaser said Sep 7th. Then Jorg said Sep 9th and now this announcement of “few weeks” postpone.

Big risk of cognitive dissonance when it becomes available.

I know quite a few projects from my time with FSX from them that were delayed. But I cannot remember a single one where the release was canceled a single day before the planned date. I also got to know Mathijs as rather communicative.

So while they might not be perfect either they are far better on that regard than what is on display here.

It was initially planned to come in august but WU6 and the Ju were then delayed two weeks to the 7th. So there was a delay already. But it doesn’t matter now does it? We can just wait and vote with our wallet but I think we are too weakminded to do it. I know i am when Ju finally comes

To stay on the positive side, we can get a highly detailed plane with no bugs, but if they release it know its might be unflyable.

Buyers of Premium version should get this plane for free.

7 Likes

Why? I’m a buyer of the premium deluxe and see no reason why I should get it free. Deluxe and premium deluxe is not some kind of season pass, I (and everybody else) got what I (we) paid for. Bugfixes for those deluxe planes are another matter and I expect those sooner or later.

If Carenado would bring the Ju we would need to pay. Why is Asobo as a developer of additional planes any different.

I‘m grateful that we get the world updates for free and think that this is even more than we are entitled to for free.

5 Likes

Does anybody know which versions of the Tante Ju are going to be included?

(The Trailer only shows the three bladed, P&W powered version but i do remember a interview where Jorg said there will be other versions too, i just cant find said interview again…)

“Hold the line! Stay with me! If you find yourself alone, riding in the green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Elysium, and you’re already dead!” -Maximus

if the the plane is delayed a few weeks it won’t change the rotation of the earth, alter the course of human events, or create general mayhem anywhere but in a few basements and rec-rooms.

5 Likes

What I can say is that’s a possibility we may get an original panel. The model creator did that for XPlane at least. Look for OLX2Sim Ju-52 for XPlane and you’ll see a version with original panel. Floats I don’t recall if he did it. I guess there is some screenshots in this thread up above.

1 Like

Is there any kind of information on the type of Ju-52 being modeled? Is there any online available manual/POH or something similar? Now that we have got a few weeks, I’d better put them to good use!