New Plane announcement - Junkers Ju 52

Missed the original announcement on twitch. Will this be a paid add on or free inclusion with a sim update? Either way, looks fantastic!

I think it’s going be payware

1 Like

It would be great if Asobo Custom Modeled the “Pratt & Whitney R-1340 Wasp” Radial Engine which the JU-52 have. One of the best thing on flying such a classic bird is learning Engine Management the way it’s supposed to be, and with consequences when you don’t do so.

AFAIK the original Ju-52 was equipped with BMW 132 engines.

1 Like

Ops, my bad, was just a quick Wikipedia search for the Radial Engine Model :zipper_mouth_face:

I made screenshots of the seven pictures of the Ju that could be seen in the Twitch video.

1 Like

Can they fix the current airplanes first before they start adding new ones? Don’t get me wrong, I love the addition but they have yet to fix the current planes.

3 Likes

The HB-HOT doesnt exist anymore. Would be a bit “strange” and unethical to have this livery, after 20peoples died in it
 See crash report just above your post. Also, the livery was outdated, it had a new one when it crashed. See picture below.

The last 2 JUs remaining in the JU-AIR fleet are HB-HOS / HB-HOP.
Both are in maintenace / rebuild and HB-HOS will go airborne earliest in 2022.
So, theres no JU52 active with JU-AIR right now
 unfortunately

HB-HOP will go to the Museum anyway as it seems, not sure if it will fly ever again.

2 Likes

Wasn’t really looking forward to this, but after looking at some time tables from the 50’s for my DC-6 flying, I found out that quite a few airlines did domestic flights in the Ju-52. So right now I’m looking forward to it.
Fly internationally with the DC-6, and from the arrival airport, fly some domestic flights with the Ju-52.

Already planned Oslo-Kirkenes from the old SAS timetables (even though the Oslo-Tromso was flown in a Sandr):

5 Likes

As writen somewhere above, its very possible that we will see both engine variants. Atleast, that was what i got from reading (or better said, listening) “between the lines” in the announcement. But not confirmed

Lufthansa had quite a fleet of JU52s. Sure you can find some nice routes there too.

1 Like

yeh, will line up nicely with the next WU.

1 Like

Also heard that the Lufthansa D-AQUI (D-CDLH) was decommissioned in 2018. Not sure if Lufthansa will ever bring one JU back given the JuAir crash and the overall financial situation.

However I heard also that one JU is being refurbished in St.Gallen Altenrhein. Does anyone have more details on that?

1 Like

That’s the HOs. Couldn’t find any further news about it.

Depends on the country. In Germany you’re not allowed to show it (except for specific historical documentaries etc maybe). I other countries it’s ok as long as it’s in its historical context.

Location and context matter a lot in these matters. In this case (some pictures on a flight sim forum) I don’t have any problems with it personally.

1 Like

Just a reminder about the Code of Conduct on this forum regarding politics and images that may be objectionable to some. This forum has a stricter Code of Conduct then other venues.

:small_blue_diamond: Obscene / Vulgar or Inappropriate Language and/or Images

This is a forum that caters to a variety of demographics around the world. We ask that our forum members remember to treat each other with courtesy and respect.

:small_blue_diamond:Politics, Religion, and Sexual Content

Politics, religion, and sexual content do not belong in the Microsoft Flight Simulator forums.

All members of our forums should feel safe with out objectional posts. This is a forum that caters to a variety of demographics around the world.

3 Likes

That was my point.

Very doubtful, Lufthansa had canned all funding for vintage aircraft before COVID hit, including the Connie they were restoring back to flight. :anguished:

Do you confirm that this airplane will be payware?

Yes I agree

So here is a nice photo from planespotters.net showing the 2018 decommisioned Lufhansa D-AQUI (D-CDLH).
FYI. It was used for promotion and sightseeing flights (but without the original BMW engines - see wikipedia for the history of the plane). Interesting story also about the registration - the intial D-AQUI registration is not longer valid, as in Germany all D-Axxx planes have a min. MTOW of 20t. Therefore the official registration was D-CDLH (see the small letters towards the tail, Deutsche Lufthansa, with the D-AQUI is being designated as “special” paintings.

D-AQUI Lufthansa Traditionsflug Junkers Ju-52 Photo by Malte Kaiser | ID 386824 | Planespotters.net

(Please remove the picture if it violates copyright - here I am not 100% sure of the forum policy. I guess the link is ok).

Or here with nice illustrations even from the inital delivery event with floats attached
 (non-german speakers use google translate, but the pictures tell most of the story)

Das Leben der Junkers Ju 52/3m | Deutsche Lufthansa Berlin Stiftung (dlbs.de)

It will be interesting with which livery MS will bring the JU to the marketplace.

2 Likes