New Release: BRSim Designs Beechcraft Bonanza H35 V-Tail

It’s like a really easy game of “Spot the Difference”

1 Like

My take:

The aircraft visually is full of inconsistencies as pointed out above. The tail, much like the Debonair’s at launch, is too large. So many geometry problems. The aircraft is nearly identical inside to the Debonair. As I worried, when flying you really cannot tell easily which one you’re in other than that the H35 is a bit more performant (but still feels too sluggish to me.) This is made worse by the fact that both aircraft use Asobo sounds from the same aircraft.

No sound attenuation because BRSim is using stock sounds of an Asobo plane that doesn’t have openable windows and probably has no idea how to work with Wwise.

As with the Debonair, mandatory tip tanks and winglets that stick through the tanks. Why?

Ultimately what’s mostly disappointing to me is that this addon makes the Debonair seem pointless. I have no real reason to fly both, so I’ll probably fly the the V-Tail as it has more power. As least in the case of JustFlight they made some effort to make the Arrow III and Turbo Arrow III feel a bit more different (though I largely also never fly the original Arrow III now.)

If you buy one addon from BRSim I suppose buy this one. It does have some cool features (as does the Debonair) including a fully interactive cockpit including all CB’s, fuel transfer system that works, etc. I know this dev is nowhere near the powerhouse that is Just Flight, but after flying this I jumped into the Arrow and it felt like I was in a different sim, it’s that much better.

One word review: Meh.

3 Likes

Given a V35 is on my short list for purchase, I’m glad I didn’t get the Debonair (which currently isn’t a consideration for me as a plane? Maybe it should be equally considered?).

Any V-35 pilots out there try it yet?
I’ll have to check out the cockpit features/avionics

Was considering buying this, especially as I get a discount after buying their Debonair, but it just looks so wrong. The nose, the tail, the proportions. How can a developer make such elementary mistakes?

most-beautiful-planes-beechcraft-bonanza
I think the model is quite close, it is meant to be the earlier version. The nose does look a bit short compared to the real one and the CarenadoMicrosoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.11.04 - 10.44.55.87|690x388

Never the less, I am enjoying flying her and look forward to some more skins!

I’ve converted the Carenado v35 over from FSX, it’s the later model.(lost the pilot texture !

2 Likes

Is it my eyes or are both the wing, and tail section much thicker in the model? The tail on the leading edge looks markedly different.

1 Like

I’m enjoying both the Debonair and the H35. Yes, the cockpit layouts are similar and there are some tweaks needed, but the H35 does scoot along at cruise settings. I prefer the old steam gauge GA aircraft and these two are good additions to my hangar. I have Just Flight’s Piper turbos and the Arrow III also and use them, too.

4 Likes

A short an interesting reading about the V-tail Bonanza

Keep in mind that the nose of the older Bonanzas was indeed stubbier than the newer models:

7 Likes

I wish someone would do more liveries for this and the Deb.

2 Likes

Is the altimeter wrong for anyone else?

I was just about to buy this plane because I took some lessons in it years ago! Glad I read this first! I don’t want to support that kind of developer period! I never liked the V tail design and read it had a really bad safety record. Thank you for posting this!!!

A very strange post.

This developer has completely outdone many more established names in the “industry” with how hard he’s worked on the Debonair and Bonanza to improve them and correct issues raised by users. I think there are still flaws in the exterior model that need to be addressed, but I only wish there could be more of “that kind of developer” in regards to energetic and rapid patching.

The screenshots posted by @azgoodaz are frankly laughable, as if proving that a Debonair and a V-tail Bonanza look very similar to each other with the exception of the rear empennage is some kind of smoking gun “gotcha.” When the Debonair released, many people including myself suggested to the developer that we’d be more interested in a V-tail version. He’s only responding to public demand by releasing it, and considering it will probably be the more popular of the two suggesting he should essentially release it for free by packaging it with the Debonair is highly presumptuous.

Developers are under no obligation to have a Discord, forum, etc and there are much more established and well-known developers who also only respond to customer inquiries through email or ZenDesk. BRSim Designs appears to be a one-man show and it’s not surprising he doesn’t want the hassle of moderating.

Custom audio would be nice, but we also have no idea if there is an appropriate aircraft accessible to the developer to record sounds from, and even if there were if the sounds weren’t WWise (which costs a relative fortune to do from what I understand, or has until very recently) people would be harumphing at him about that.

The real-life safety record (which is still a point of dispute) is hardly relevant to a model of the plane in a sim, and “I never liked the design” smacks of the guy who gets shot down by a girl at the bar and then goes “well, she was ugly anyway.”

15 Likes

Well said. BRSimDesigns has become one of my favorite developers. I kinda respect that he rarely comments on here. I usually like the interaction with developers, but this one makes no promises and gets stuff done. He doesn’t tell us what he’ll do, he just does it.

3 Likes

One thing I hope he figures out is how to enable sound attenuation for the stock Bonanza sounds so that the engines are louder when opening the windows. I know it’s possible because the C152 community mod pulled it off.

Check flightsim.to in the Bonanza livery. There’s two there.

1 Like

Found them. Thanks.

I bought it a few days ago and I’ve been flying it almost exclusively since. I’m quite enjoying it. It’s fast, handles well, and is overall pretty good. It was pretty easy to set up functional Air Manager panels for as well, which is extra bonus!

My only disappointment is reusing stock Asobo sounds vs having customs sounds. Overall though, I think it’s worth the price. At least I feel like I’m getting my money’s worth out of it.

3 Likes

The plane went in the water off Cedar Key, about a hundred miles north of Tampa along Florida’s Gulf Coast Tuesday.@McClyde9.I would not have paid any attention to the article if not for this plane in game.lol

3 Likes