New Release: Carenado Piper PA-34 Seneca V

Does the prop sync actually work? Maybe my understanding is incorrect, but even with prop sync disengaged the RPM of both engines are aligned?

If you move both prop levers perfectly parallel, or if you are using a single lever/command, the props will stay synced, same IRL.

:laughing:

Well, assuming we have the same software (and we do) then you must have a mod in your Community folder that’s causing the issue. Have you tried it with an empty folder?

I’m flying right now and it’s behaving exactly as it should, as it always does! :man_shrugging:t3:

It could be a control input thing, that was the next thing I was going to ask. Have you made changes to anything recently, or got a new peripheral? If you are having issues with more than 1 aircraft and it’s happened about the same time it would point to something conflicting somewhere.

I was having all kinds of problems with my Honeycomb Alpha (to such an extent I nearly sent it half way across Europe for them to troubleshoot it because they couldn’t figure it out either) and it turned out to be duplicated flying control inputs mapped to my PS4 controller, which I use for the drones & views etc. It was countering my control inputs, so as I flared it would shove the nose down, even though nothing was touching the PS4 controller. Eventually I solved it by removing the duplicated inputs from the PS4 bit and it now works absolutely fine.

FWIW I have the Alpha, Logitech throttle quadrant and the PS4 controller alongside my wireless mouse & keyboard.

There’s been plenty posted about the throttle and rpm changes after resuming following an escape — pretty sure that’s strictly an MS/Asobo problem, not any user settings or user actions. Hope I’m correct about that…

It is definitely an Asobo/MSFS problem. See (and vote!) here:

1 Like

I think there is a workaround - but you have to use ‘Pause’ before you press ‘Esc’ - and not the ‘Active Pause’ but rather the real ‘Pause’ which you have to assign a key command to in the ‘Control Settings’ of the GUI.
Just use the search function in the ‘Controls’ menu and find ‘Pause’ and assign both a ‘pause’ and ‘resume’ key or key combo.
This should save your throttle, attitude, mixture settings while you are removed from the simulator

I wonder if anyone has had similar problem : in this plane the cockpit zoom button which was assigned to both mouse and joystick dose not work whereas the zoom function works perfectly in any other planes.

any suggestion ?

I think it’s a bug. Doesn’t work for me either, even though it works on all other planes…

I just noticed there is an update for the Seneca today. Do we know what’s in this update, is there a changelog anywhere?

Yes go to the market place version hist shows the changelog. Still afew glitches but all in all very good so far.

New lighting with 750 Mod.

1 Like

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.05.20 - 22.37.14.83 Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.05.20 - 22.37.30.96
After update cabin temp still stays the same F or C and Oxygen runs out too fast.Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.05.20 - 22.42.13.65
Also noticed Bat shows no charge.

I have emailed the issue to Carenado already and they have not got back to me yet.

3 Likes

Still having serious issues with the AP, to the point the AP is unusable, ALt hold does not work, or works for a moment or two, then suddenly a 2000 fpm climb, then levels off again and so on, even if i command a VS decent back to assigned level it will start the decent and then climb again.

out of interest what CG position do people have set? mine default is right on th forward limit

Necroposting on this but, that is not a GNS530 off to the right of the GTN750, that is the WX Stormscope RADAR. There is a current limitation on any aircraft using 3 or more GPS’s that can cause a CTD, this has been confirmed to be fixed by ASOBO on Sim Update 4.

1 Like

The AP works just fine on my system, before and after the update. ALT hold does exactly what it’s supposed to do.
Maybe you have some bindings interfering with the AP?

Even just 2 GPS’s cause a problem till next week, more than 4 maps.

Ditto. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the Autopilot.

From the GTN750 thread:

CARENADO WITH GTN750

There is currently a bug in the Sim’s code that CTD if more than 4 maps in the same airplane.

Asobo should fix that in the next sim update coming at the end of May (maybe next week).

The Arrow and the Seneca will be affected by this bug.

Here is the way to fly them with the GTN750:

• Remove the GNS530 Mod from your community folder if you use it (because it introduces one more map).

• Immediately after starting your aircraft, switch to the GTN750 from the Carenado cockpit tablet.

• Do not switch back to the GNS530 after that

• Do not touch any button of the GNS430

You should not have this issue in the Ovation or in the Seminole.

As this is a known issue, thank you to not report a bug for that. Both Carenado and PMS50 can’t do anything about that. We just have to wait for the fix from Asobo.

Make sure your CG is not set too far forward I had that problem MSFS had reset mine to full forward out of limits.