New Release: Carenado Piper PA-34 Seneca V

In this case the flight dynamics and flight model of the Turbo Arrow is not realistic. I had to lean the mixture down to 45% in about ~17.000 feet height…

…otherwise the engine would have stopped.

1 Like

Yes, the Turbo Arrow suffers from the same bug as the Seneca. It is a problem with the default turbocharged engine logic in MSFS. Here’s a bug report I posted with details several months ago:

4 Likes

Wow you made this awesome file?

Impressive! I am going to install it, thanks a lot! :slight_smile:
The more ultra hardcore realism the better.

1 Like

Yep! I hope you enjoy it. I’ve been using it with the Seneca for several months now, and everything seems stable.

1 Like

It is a wonderful and absolutely beautyful looking plane.

Anyone interested in that new clean cockpit without these ugly fake-looking scratches copy-paste-stamped all over the instrument board? :slight_smile:

Now that´s some nice plane!
Because if vintage cars all look relatively new and taken care of why should airplanes look overly dirty and scratched and worn all over the place? :wink:
I think I can finish the Seneca V and Skymaster cockpit overhaul this week.

3 Likes

I’d love a clean cockpit like that. Is it available at flightsim.to?

As an aside, I just bought the Seneca and I noticed it doesn’t have an altitude capture capable autopilot. Kinda strange to me considering it’s an IFR capable plane but if you’re task saturated during a flight it’s easy to miss your assigned altitude.

No the file is not yet uploaded, maybe tomorrow or on Friday :slight_smile:
I must test the interior a little bit before uploading under different lighting conditions, day and night and with weather… And smooth the mach-lines (probably caused by bad texture compression and/or too low colour depth) on the panel.
But it´s almost done.

I make my cockpit overhauls in the best possible quality - without any compressions in DXT1 or 3 or any other ugly compressions leading to JPEG artifacts and colour degrading causing ugly mach-lines, and no ugly low-quality mip-maps or LOD´s of any kind for no lower quality when zooming out or moving the camera back a little bit.

1 Like

I’ve been enjoying the Seneca V since it’s release and it has become one of my favorites. IRL I flew a Seneca III out of KTMB back in the days and it has brought back some great memories.

I just recently applied the latest Seneca V update and noticed the iPad on the yoke is now missing, so I can no longer open the cargo door from the cockpit, only the main door.

Is there a way to toggle the iPad in order to get to the various functions?

Greatly appreciated in advance and happy flying!!

Have a look around the cockpit - it’s now tucked into a side pocket in the co-pilot footwell! You’ll see a tablet shape sticking out - it’s got a rather small click spot, but click that!

2 Likes

Sweet!! I’m doing night flights and now I found it. I would have never noticed it, so much thanks! :+1: :+1:

If you want a clean cockpit without this ugly over-the-top scratches everywhere, here is the perfect mod for you :wink:

1 Like

After the last patch the Seneca V has a bug in the landing lights.

The left wingtip landing light is no longer functioning (when in normal and flashing mode). The light bulb comes on but does not cause a light cone anymore in fog or clouds and is not illuminating the runway any longer.
Unfortunately I cannot bugfix this for you, but I will write a short mail to Carenado to make them aware of this new bug.

1 Like

Anyone else have an issue with this aircraft when turning off the AP the trim resets? Really annoying.

Sounds from inside are also muffled too much(I dont have headset simulation on), which is too bad since it sounds great from the outside. Honestly I only purchased this plane so I could fly into known icing. Carenado has not impressed me with the first aircraft I have purchased from them.

The Just Flight Turbo Arrow 4 is so much nicer to fly IMO, and is what I will be sticking with in non-icing conditions!

A couple of twin alternatives that are pretty decent too - FlySimWare’s Grumman Widgeon, BlackBox Britten-Norman Islander, Aerosoft de Havilland Twin Otter… in that order. :wink:

Glad to hear. Did they update any or all of these? I know the Twin Otter was updated but not sure about the other two.
Oh, I have always loved the Seneca, flaws and all.
Next to the JF Arrow or Kodiak its one of my favorites.

2 Likes

After a lpnger time I used the Seneca again. I noticed that the tablet for settings is not on the yoke anymore but at the Copilot-side near the footroom. Okay. After finding it I set the GPS to GTN750. I’ve had this done already after bying the plane but the setting was gone.
Now it looks like the tablet isn’t able to save this settings anymore. Everytime I start the sim with the plane it is set to GNS and I have to use the tablet for switching to GTN. It doesn’t save although i pressed the done-button after making my settings (the same for cold and dark).

Does anyone succeed at matching the performance from the provided PDF? My aircraft is much slower.

I made a fix for the glorious Carenado weather radar, the ONLY functional weather radar in the whole flight sim!
For glorious thunderstorm cloud rendering:

Enjoy!

6 Likes

Very appreciated,

will do test. Maybe one question, can you be kind change nav bug fix indicator on main nav gauge, it is very dark green and it need to be more lighter.