New Release: Carenado Piper PA-34 Seneca V

Probably best not mention that the windshield de-ice not only deices that actual panel, but every window on the aircraft. Rear side windows included.

I can only assume that’s a sim thing.

1 Like

Did you also notice the Purchase Price increase?

Noticing increased Fuel Flow when I decrease the mixture? Also increases the RPM instead of MP?!

This seems to be a common theme with Piper aircraft that use a conventional empennage. I am not rated for Multi, so cannot speak to the real world handling characteristics of the Seneca. However, having flown several of the Piper singles - and having soloed in the “Traumhawk” - my theory is that Piper attempted to improve elevator authority by moving to a T-tail on later airframes. The Tomahawk, which used a T-tail and a new wing, behaves much differently than an early Cherokee 140 or 150, or even a Warrior or an Archer.

I too was taught to trim for “nose up” when turning final in the PA28 Pipers, and that did help during flare. I do that in the Just Flight Arrow and it works just as I remember. :slight_smile:

For me, after 40 minutes of flying it in the Andes, it’s basically what I hoped the Seminole would be, a bit faster, better climb, more gizmos and switches to play with it has both the GN 430 and 530 in a stack (the more PMS50 mod the better) looks a little better.

2 big flaws vs the Seminole though

1. less range
  2. no beautiful cockpit mods by Archer374 (lol)

Still, on balance, the Mooney is my favourite plane by Carenado, maybe even my favourite plane in GA altogether.

3 Likes

Carenado makes good looking models that have some detail in operation but are far from high end study level planes. Their flight model and many systems are not accurate. But they are usually reasonably priced, easy to fly and look good. That said the are probably much better than anything included with FS.

1 Like

I’m in love.

I’m doing a longer IFR flight now and on autopilot with alt hold mode on and my vertical speed is oscillating up and down ±100fps, every second from 100 up to 100 down anyone else noticing this? Advice?

Just flew KPCM to FD48 and didn’t have any issues with alt hold.

So plane is doing great but 1 thing I’m seeing is on VS climb it will lose the the climb rate every once in awhile but then gets it back not sure if the winds are doing something or if it’s the plane AP. Because we all know how good the weather is in MSFS LOL update so turned off weather and it is something in the AP but definitely not a deal breaker

I didn’t experience that, but only flew it once so far. More tonight.

I figured it out, I had the CG too far to the rear.

I’m enjoying it so far, but I find it extremely aggressive in pitch control, and I have my yoke quite flat on the calibration curve, anybody else see this?

The tray table in the passenger area Pops out!

Archer, I hope this is enough for you to think it’s worthwhile! :grin:

Edit; and the window shades work! I think I’ll sit back here and have a nap.

Edit 2; the navaid morse code signals are audible unlike my other Carenados.

1 Like

:thinking::thinking::thinking: so tempted

Woah woah. Entire fleet? Including the Mooney? If so, g i m m e

1 Like

I have the Seminole, and I enjoy flying it quite a bit. After reading through the comments here I think I’ll wait and instead, park the Milviz 310 in my “hangar.” The Seneca sounds nice, but having flown the Arrow from Just Flight extensively this past week I may be a bit spoiled by a more immersive modeling schema than offered by Carenado. Their planes are nice - I fly the Mooney quite a bit - but having one that’s “nearly the same” as another doesn’t hold much appeal.

1 Like

I think I figured out the AP rollercoaster on climb, pretty sure it’s from the CG reset deal.

The only little glitch I have now is the cabin temp stays as C when selecting F

I do wish the panel had a little better lighting the dark spots are really dark.

1 Like

The scaredy face 'cause opening the window in the past caused CTD’s…

1 Like

So far haven’t been able to get the weather radar to work - it comes on - says “Bendix King” and at the bottom it says “This is the bottom info” and nothing happens - tried to turn it off and on- tilt knob, everything - but won’t turn off once I turn the avionics on. Nothing in the docs about any of it - just standard copyrights, checklists, and performance info :frowning: Maybe will uninstall and reinstall it?