New Release: Carenado Piper PA-34 Seneca V

Thanks. Not new here, just new to Carenado :upside_down_face:

That sounds like something isn’t right. I’ve not had the same issue. STBY should give you the weather screen with no data, and ON should start scanning.

I’ve never seen the ‘bottom info’ text so probably best to reinstall it.

Turn the knob a couple more clicks to the right. STBY gives you that Bendix King screen, TST gives you a test pattern, and ON gives you the actual radar.

It’s a MOD that’s interfering - I emptied my community folder of everything except liveries and it worked - so it’s either one of the “Working Title” mods, hopefully not the TBM that’s one of my favorites – going to readd them one at a time and see which one kills it.

1 Like

Literally unplayable.

It turns out it was the B78XH Mod that made it do this - don’t know why - but when I take that mod out it works.

5 Likes

If you think MSFS should include visible links to plane add-on documentation, vote for my wishlist thread. :wink:

1 Like

There is no GNS530 from WT - it’s from PMS50 and it’s fine because I use it with it.

1 Like

I knew that… he was just making a joke…

1 Like

I’ve just submitted this list of bugs I’ve found after a few hours of flying it. Fair comment or not?

A number of bugs / issues I’ve come across since purchasing the product.

• All windows de-ice with windshield de-ice
  • Horizontal and elevator stabiliser de-icing boot does nothing (visually at least)
  • WX radar shows red for all weather, even simple CU
  • In my opinion (having flown the Seneca II and III) it is too twitchy in pitch. It’s also far too slippy, and very difficult to slow down.
  • Picks up speed way too quickly with idle power when taxiing
  • Opening DV window in the air over-stresses the aircraft, as does opening the cabin door, which I did by accident. You wouldn’t be able to open the cabin doors in flight.
  • Pressure Alt on the XPDR always reads FL000
  • Oxygen reads zero almost as soon as you turn it on
  • Cowl Flaps & Alt Air seem to do nothing
  • Autopilot back light seemingly not working. Unreadable without zooming right in in daylight.
  • Standby fuel pumps sounds too loud
  • Some cockpit items labelled incorrectly via the tooltips (cowl flaps for example)
  • ADF doesn’t work correctly. Tried to tune 368.5 and as soon as you select 3 it became 368.40000000000000. When you select FRQ the zeros obliterate the display. No way that I can see to select .5
  • When in-game ATC reports ‘type’ it says the word ‘type’ but does not then report it. I would use the term ‘PA34’ for what it’s worth.

There may be others. This is a great product and I’ve no doubt some of this may be sim related. That said, some fixes for some of these bugs would be most welcome.

Cheers & thanks

5 Likes

Mode C for all Carenado aircraft does not work. All of their encoding transponders read 000.

This seems to be a problem with the sim. Third party aircraft often report as “blank.”

1 Like

I think the “Type” thing has been done right in some of them, but it’s something you have to specify in aircraft configuration. Most third parties haven’t done that. I don’t remember which ones do it right but I THINK Aerosoft one may. There are a couple.

2 Likes

So “Type” depends on two things, the setup of the aircraft in the Aircraft.cfg and the type (Model actually) being available in the FS-base language file. Every update, for instance, I have to add P149 for that plane to get its type to be announced properly to the language base file. I actually go through and add a bunch. I should save what I add to make it easier, haha.

I always create a livery for the Carenado planes and fix the Manufacturer, too. I hate that they show up under Carenado and not the manufacturer.

As far as Mode C reporting not working, there’s no reason that shouldn’t work. It works fine in the default KT76c, and is easy to implement. It’s too bad the files are encrypted as that would be an easy fix to do by hand. If they do fix it, make sure to specify that it should report PRESSURE ALTITUDE, not INDCATED ALTITUDE like the default KT76c does. It may be you could replace the Carenado KT76C to use the default KT76C in the panel.cfg file. I may try that.

2 Likes

I agree. Just because it’s a Carenado product doesn’t mean we should just accept this stuff doesn’t work. If they think people will just accept it there’s no incentive for them to improve matters.

The JF Arrow reports on ATC as ‘Piper’. Even that’s better than a blank, although I’m not sure why they didn’t use ‘Arrow’ or ‘PA28’. There’s no reason why the moniker ‘PA34’ couldn’t be used for the Seneca.

2 Likes

I’ve never heard anyone call out “PA28” when talking to TC. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen, and sure, that’s what you’d write in a flight plan, but, typically, it’s “Cherokee XXX”. In the case of Seneca, you’d usually say “Seneca XXX”… Maybe it’s different in Europe?

As I noted, it’s pretty easily handled to update the planes to say the proper type.

It is different in the UK at least. In my experience it would be unlikely to hear the word Cherokee used at all.

It’s been a good while since I’ve flown any GA but I seem to remember checking in as ‘Piper Warrior/Archer/Arrow/Seneca’ or PA28. Either/or really.

For what it’s worth;

1. My weather radar shows colours other than red, eg. green and yellow exist as well.
  2. I found the twitchy pitch and roller coaster climb/cruise can be solved by moving the center of gravity forward NB. all Carenado aircraft have a much larger center of gravity adjustment than other planes I’ve seen. I’ve even found myself taxiing like a tail dragger when I take an outside view
  3. my ADF works fine

otherwise all the issues you noted I’ve either not looked for, or I have them too.

1 Like

Thanks.

My weather radar shows other colours too, but the predominant colour it returns is red. You would generally only see a red return in the middle of a significant storm cell, or an area of intense precipitation. You certainly would not see a red return for fair weather CU as is happening here.

The ADF thing was a definite issue tuning that specific frequency. Maybe it was a one off bug that triggered somehow, but it rendered the whole unit unusable for the duration of the flight. Definitely worth a report in my eyes.

My understanding (from reading about the CRJ on Aerosoft forums) is that ASOBO’s weather radar system is really more of a cloud detection system, so you might be seeing thick clouds where on a real radar it would be indicating a thunderstorm.

Hopefully this will be fixed one day.

Does the HSI/GS indicator in this one display GS information in an RNAV approach or is it still only displaying it in ILS ?