New Release : FlyingIron Simulations Spitfire L.F Mk IXc

Yes, landed at a couple of airfields, could well have been you flying with me.

Is there any config software for the Bravo?

With the Virpil kit I can actually change the behaviour of switches and axes etc.

I did notice myself in some older titles that the constant fast polling of the virpil throttle could overwhelm the game
but you can dial it out. (Reduce the polling rate type thing) or configure buttons as axes

I don’t own one, so I don’t know. Like anything like this, I imagine it could be created

Honeycomb might even work with someone trying to do it

FSUIPC?

Is there any way to turn the radio and ATC without pressing ctr+E?

Normaly by pressing the “Page up”-key.

1 Like

This will be resolved in the next update according to Flying Iron.

1 Like

Joystick Gremlin might work also as it takes the input from the input device and translates that input to a virtual device which the game then see’s so you can do a lot of config stuff with that.

1 Like

The plane is fantastic. I love it. Any ideas what is next for FlyingIron? I am definitely looking forward to anything they will release in the future.

There are far better solution to reading analogue controls that seldom move, rather than Polling them at a high rate.

Do you really NEED to measure the Throttle accuracy to 16 bit ???

It might be far better to generate an event should the throttle move by more that a certain %, from where it was last read, because it moved.

Same things goes for Flaps & airbrakes.

This become seven more important, when these parameters are sent over Multiplayer and a totally unneeded rate.

1 Like

“Do you really NEED to measure the Throttle accuracy to 16 bit ???”

In truth in most of my own use cases “no” - which is why I tweak that within the virpil config software.

1 Like

I have no idea what they’re releasing next, but I see among their X-Plane aircraft they have a P-38L Lightning. I hope that’s the next one they do for MSFS.

2 Likes

It looks nice but the engine sounds like my riding lawn mower.

Doesn’t matter, every sim pilot in the UK will purchase anything with “Spitfire” written on it, including a lawnmower with little fake wings and spade handle on the mowing height control. :wink:

1 Like

Jez , lucky you !!

With a Merlin engine in your lawnmower !! :wink:

1 Like

Found that video of you cutting your lawn !! :wink:

5 Likes

Why is every post of yours meant to disparage something in other people’s work? JustFlight’s Arrow is trash. This one is a lawnmower.

5 Likes

Can we have this, for MSFS 2020 ??
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

Have your reduced the prop lever to cruise settings after take-off? Nothing like a lawnmower, I assure you!

2 Likes

Maybe it sounds not so good on a pair of cheap headphones, but pipe it out through a decent 5:1 surround system, and it will literally “ROCK YOUR WORLD”

4 Likes

I’m ribbing the overrated Spitfire obsession cult, not disparaging anyone’s work, I’ll leave that to the histrionic “everything is broken, my life is ruined” crowd.

However, it is undeniably axiomatic that if there is a Spitfire add-on module in any sim anywhere, then every subject of the UK must purchase it. Easiest money to be made in the sim world.

It’s the settled Law of the United Kingdom.

The Vulcan is a close second. It has a massive following.

Flying the Spit over the southern coast in the golden hour before sunset is magic.

But it sounds like my lawnmower. :wink:

1 Like

I mean, what did you expect? When the Mig gets released, I bet every Russian simmer would buy one, so
 no surprise there. :wink:

1 Like