New Release : FlyingIron Simulations Spitfire L.F Mk IXc

We were told specifically NO WEAPONS… I’ll be speaking with MS about the Eagle’s having weapons in and on the marketplace… seems unfair…

3 Likes

No weapons displayed, was the direction Colin, not no weapons. I was informed that none of the imagery could show the Eagle’s weapons and that they needed to be invisible upon purchase, which of course they are. Mabel confirmed this in an e-mail.

Setting up an aircraft in this manner appears acceptable to them, before you go off the deep end…

Oh boy… that’s weird cause we got the gun bays pulled on the corsair… they were not “displayed”… unless you opened them… (a click or two…)…

I’ll ask…

1 Like

Maybe the Corsair’s gun bays were just a little bit too visible then for their liking, hard to say really. The Eagles have a rotary cannon in the starboard fuselage, but it’s sort of concealed by a shroud so maybe that didn’t set them off or they didn’t know about it. Either way, they seem willing to compromise as long as nothing is visible in the publicity material / screenshots etc.

I don’t envy the first person who tries to tackle an A-10 :slight_smile:

Please don’t ruin it for someone else by raising the Eagle as an example.
Thanks
Mark

3 Likes

I think it’s okay Mark, the Bredok Typhoon has a cannon slapped on one side and it didn’t get barred either. Odd that the Corsair did though.

1 Like

You do realize that they’re reading this… right?

LOL…

1 Like

LOL, I think I’ll just not respond further to you.
Regards,
Mark

They also asked us to remove any and all labels/tooltips that have “weapons” connotations… I’m guessing they didn’t do that to you ey Dean?

Sorry, wait, there are gun bays on the Milviz Corsair?

We had them, removed them, put them back but thought we had disabled them on the Marketplace build… wrong. They will be in on the SP… along with some “other” new (and very cool) stuff…

1 Like

Why ban the guns? Is this some PG rating? We see guns in almost any games nowadays.

Yes, it’s for ratings.

1 Like

There aren’t any. The only place weapons are mentioned is by designator on the payload screen ( AIM-9, AIM-120 etc ). It’s not overt, so it didn’t seem to bother them.

Yeah, but I have the version from your website, how do I open them? Or are they not included in that version either?

The SP will have them working…

1 Like

So excited for the Corsair SP.

I was wondering if anyone has heard of any further updates/plans to this Spitfire from Flying Irons?

1 Like

Just received an email with the 1.02 download link, no changelog available as yet on their website.

1 Like

This was their WIP changelog on May 17, they’ll release a full one soon I hope:

• Various Art bugfixes/improvements
  • Autostart (Ctrl+E) fixed
  • Flight Model corrections & improvements (w/ contribution again from GotGravel)
  • Fuel system overhaul, external tank option added, UI ease of use improved
  • Implemented Modern Radio & Transponder Unit
  • Door & Canopy behaviour improved, locking mechanism added
  • Startup Behaviour improved
4 Likes

There we go. Full changelog here

8 Likes