New Release: FlySimWare's Grumman G-44A Widgeon Seaplane

Oh and I asked for an openable door to the luggage compartment as it exists on the P3D version. So that’s coming too. :wink:

1 Like

Well thats good, with as irritated as i was, if there was some way to make price & quality meet, i may consider this one

1 Like

Truth be told, I can’t stop flying it. It flies REALLY well. Trims out perfect. All hands off manual no-AP flying. Great on takeoff and landing. Sounds really good too. Now NAV3 for DME is getting incorporated!

1 Like

Okay, I’m buying it tomorrow. There have been enough improvements in a week already, and given the dev’s conversation with Jeremy, I’m sold. I can deal with visuals that are improved over time if the flight modeling is convincing.

I just hope Asobo gets water handling (and wakes) going before much longer. It’s frustrating that better seaplane handling’s not on the customer vote top wishlist – I hope it’s on Asobo’s shorter-term roadmap despite that!

1 Like

He is already doing some work on the interior! :wink:

7 Likes

Flysimware make great aircraft. I agree that we really need the water rudders to work for it to be realistic because trying to taxi to a water pontoon etc. is impossible. I also hope that Asobo will fix this , I have asked, but I hear nothing from nobody about this. The developer of the Bird Dog amphibian says I need to be patient so I hope he knows something I don’t !

1 Like

I just bought the widgeon and had a first flight.
In sim, the model looks better than what was shown on the pictures here. The developer already has made some improvements.
A paintkit will be published soon, since the external model is complete.
I like it :slight_smile:

would you guys be interested in more paints?

jk5513 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk5511 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

10 Likes

I don’t think the folks here really meant to let 3 hours go by without responding to you, Jan -
I have to wait a bit before buying this Grumman but the second I do it would be outstanding to have a couple of your repaints to apply - I would probably do that before flying it the first time

Does a manual exist and where can I download it? The link on their homepage is not working.

The manual isn’t done yet.

for those interested, I asked the dev and the plane includes an interactive checklist that can be done by coplit and is multilanguage like the stock MSFS planes.
Also the regular pilot models of MSFS are used.

For me those are very good news.

After being initially sceptical, because the pictures did not look up to MSFS standards, I just bought the plane. Will test later.

3 Likes

did a few flights before lunch.

The interactive checklists are very good and for every phase of flight. I think at one point I had to do one switch manually but I will verify later on. Other than that Co-Pilot can do it all if wanted.

Visuals still need a lot of work, cockpit is not top notch optics, the garmin frame looks awful.

Flying this is a lot of fun. But also very easy.

This thing does STOL. is it supposed to ? No idea. I know nothing about old airplanes.

Water landing and takeoff also lots of fun. Obviously no working water rudder (MSFS limitation) , but easily steerable with using one propeller only and air rudder.

Sounds could need some work. Propeller sounds pretty much the same in all throttle states. Cockpit switches sound fine.

Now, I hate landing taildraggers. But this one was easier for me than the terrible landings I usually produce with taildraggers.

Very promising so far. Now let’s keep our thumbs pressed the dev is putting in work like he already has. This could become a marvel if he puts in the work. Surely has that potential.

3 Likes

I just uploaded these three paint, more coming

7 Likes

and three more:
jk5666

jk5630

jk5657

Let me know what you think?

10 Likes

Great repaints, Jan. I also like your discriptions on the downloadsite.
Is there already a paintkit?

1 Like

Update 1.6 is out - lots of changes - sits lower in water, NAV3 DME, upgraded interior textures in 4K. Next version will be the end of Beta and will go out to all the stores.

2 Likes

Glad you like them.
Paintkit, not yet, I adapted the old FSX paintkit.

1.6 already, it’s almost impossible to keep up, only upgraded to 1.5 this morning

1 Like

The difficulty I see for this one is its solid price tag & being up against another more than half decent Grumman amphibian, the Freeware Goose.
What factors do you think weigh in favor of the Widgeon if one is comparing them & tossing up which to go with, or do you think there is sufficient difference that having both is not redundancy?
TG

The Goose is a much bigger airplane.