New Release: Just Flight PA-28R Turbo Arrow III/IV

Compared to the naturally aspirated Arrow III there are several differences in the instruments and a few different labels. So you CAN use the original file if you rename it correctly, but several instruments will show wrong values!

Ah right, I forgot that the instrument backgrounds are also included in there :slight_smile:
But since you provided the variants in your mod, no need to do that anyway.

1 Like

Now its working as expected – very strange … OH well – Dulles to Boston … No matter how high I climb today, its thick cloud :frowning: (and NO Eye Candy – well, only CANDY FLOSS )

That’s quick! Thanks a lot.

1 Like

I’d need to confirm this with Just Flight but I believe the 66% discount on the Turbo versions still applies to normal Arrows purchased now - so if this is true and you do want to get both it will be cheaper to buy the Normal Arrow., get the discount (and loyalty points) then use that to buy the Turbo Arrow rather then buy the combo pack

Fantastic man! your mod rocks. Just Flight should at least send you a free copy because you sell lots of Arrows for them!!

1 Like

Yep, has been confirmed here that this will remain that way in their store:

I don’t think this upgrade path will be available for those buying on the Marketplace though - there you’ll have to initially decide to buy the Bundle or one of the single products (making you buy the second product even more expensive if you decide to do later).

So currently buying the regular Arrow III on their store and then adding the discounted Turbo Arrows is the best price you’ll get in the foreseeable future.

2 Likes

Thanks man. Nice to be appreciated :slight_smile:
Well … since I already bought it before I did the mods it’s a bit of a chicken and the egg thing :joy:
But I wouldn’t say “no” to the upcoming BAe Hawk.

1 Like

Anyone notice an issue with OBS mode when using the GTN750 ?

The OBS knob does rotate the OBS line on the GPS, but that line does not stay synced to the OBS scale on the Gauge.

The GPS Obs only moves in 1 deg steps, while if you turn the Knob quickly, it moves in 10 deg steps, and the two get out of step, and it is virtually impossible to re-sync them.

Congrats to JF for getting it Coupled. now all that remains is to maintain Synced :slight_smile:

My god , that turbo is exactly what I wanted in the first place. I will not fly the regular Piper anymore :slight_smile:
It’s comparable to ride a 5.0 liter Ford Mustang instead of the 4 cylinder ecofriendly mustang. There’s no point for it anymore in my opinion. Also love the high tail wing , looks nice :slight_smile: Aside from the takeoff bug (sudden yaw at around 50 knots) everything is perfect in my opinion.

You are absolutely right, had a hard time landing when I discovered that this morning in Australia…trying to align with runway 3 and the HSI was perfect but GTN750 way off… Not sure where we should mention this, I think it’s a bug on PMS 50 side.

Its going to be an ongoing issue, while Asobo keeps Fudging the Core Flight Model.
Developers match their aircraft performance to the flight model, and then Asobo goes and change the Model on them.

The spitfire fixed it apparently, and the Vertigo as well. I think 3rd party devs should help each other. I am more inclined to buy new aircrafts if I have a good experience everytime.

Well, its really the Code that JF have put in to change the OBS bearing variable (that the GPS reads), with the non GPS OBS knob.

I am sure once it is highligted to them, they will know what to fix, far faster than I could explain it here in the forum.

I do not believe it is a GTN750 issue - I have been playing around with this OBS stuff for a few months now, bugging @ScorpionFilm422 . he is very patient and understanding :stuck_out_tongue:

Makes sense :wink: hopefully it’s fixed soon, I also noticed I cannot swap NAV frequency unless I go back to GTN550.

same way as you swap COM frequencies - I don;t think there is an issue.

Both were unusable for me this morning… :confused:

The only real issue I ahve with Both JF arrows, and the GTN750 (apart from the OBS knob), is that the Nav2 Radio’s Ident Lever, overides the Gtn750’s AUdio Nav 2 selector.

It would be really nice if that Nav2 IDENT lever was made Inoperative (or removed) when the GTN750 is selected.

Be even nicer, if there was an option for a decent Modern radio for COM2 NAV2, more in fitting with the moderness of the GTN750.

Has anyone spotted the engine heat haze at all?

It’s meant to have been implemented for both the normal and Turbo versions of the Arrow but I’m not seeing it.

I assumed it would be similar to the exhaust haze on the A320NX (heat haze is heat haze after all) but I’ve not seen anything at all.

Got this bug in the Arrow IV yesterday… have not run across this one before.

Weird