New Release: Mario Noriega Designs C-22J

Wait!

There is no “paid” one that I am referring to.

(Honestly, this is crazy)

There is the original Asobo GNS units that shipped with the sim when it was first launched.

There is also the free Working Title versions of the GNS units that are supposed to be the replacements for the original Asobo versions. These were incorporated into the sim in, I think, the AAU1 update.

What seems clear, based on your confusion, is that this is confusing!!!

I believe that developers are supposed to be implementing the Working Title versions by default, by using the code like I offered for the panel.cfg file. Naturally, you’d need to ensure that the Working Title version doesn’t mess with any other aspects of your aircraft’s systems. Since you don’t have an autopilot (this is the usual thing that gets broken by the WT GNS units), I don’t think you’d have any issues, but you’ll need to check.

See:

GNS 430W / GNS 530W

The simulator’s Garmin GNS 430W and GNS 530W have been upgraded to bring them much more closely in-line with their real-world counterparts:

• Comprehensive visual overhaul for accurate font, symbology, look, operation, and feel
  • Advanced flight plan support, including support for complex departure, arrival, and approach procedures (arcs, holds, procedure turns, etc), with correct real-unit limitations (no radius-to-fix, heading, or some intercept legs)
  • Full RNAV support and simulation, with support for LPV, LP, LNAV/VNAV, and +V vertical guidance during approaches
  • GPS satellite and SBAS simulation, including orbital mechanics-based real satellite positions and accurate SBAS coverage areas, GPS status page
  • VNAV profile calculator page and associated reminders/alerts
  • Support for missed approaches and missed approach holds
  • Full specification-accurate ADS-B based Traffic Avoidance System
  • More accurate map symbology, procedure previews
  • Keyboard entry mode for waypoints, navaids, and direct-tos
  • Numerous customization options found on the real unit, such as metric/imperial units settings, map data fields settings
  • Satellite weather overlay support (NEXRAD)

These units have been added to the following aircraft in AAU1:

• C172 Classic
  • Cap 10
  • DA-40 TDI
  • DV-20
  • L-39 (Athena, Blue Ice, Pipsqueak, Robin 1, Sarance)
  • P-51D (Wee Willy, Lady B, Strega, Miss America)
  • T-6 (Almost Perfect, Baby Boomer)

Source:
Aircraft & Avionics I Release Notes [1.30.12.0] - Official Microsoft Flight Simulator / News & Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

3 Likes