New Release: Mario Noriega Designs C-22J

Agree, the speed brake issue is a bit annoying, it’s pretty much impossible to slow down / land without using them. Personally I’ve assigned a couple of keys on my keyboard for this.

1 Like

i have the spoilers linked to an axis, so no problems here other than the shound effect of the lever itself

You have to land it with spoilers deployed… this is the case for some other aircraft as well that are not in the sim currently though. Well, you don’t have to but it does make landings go smoother. There is even a video of this aircraft landing with spoilers deployed and throttle up. :wink:

1 Like

I had the same problem with the spoilers. Could never get it to work right with a toggle button. Even assigning to an axis didn’t work at first, had to keep changing the assignment until it showed up as something like “Joystick Slider X” instead of “Joystick Slider X+” or “Joystick Slider X-”

If you can’t assign an axis maybe try a separate button for Extend Spoilers and Retract Spoilers instead of the toggle.

1 Like

There are several different entries or sets in entries for spoiler commands that your can map to and they all seem to work differently.

One entry is a standard axis, one set is a kind of toggle switch (0% spoiler or 100% spoiler with nothing in-between) and (I think) one set extends or retracts the spoiler progressively which I think is what most people are looking for
It’s over complex and one on those things where you can’t understand why Asobo choose to s we it up that way.

1 Like

Yeah. There used to be a simple on and off toggle but SU5 broke that. Here’s hoping for SU6.

1 Like

The toggle button still works fine on the MB-339 for me, I haven’t flown any other jets in a while so I’ll have to check which others are or aren’t working.

Checked the rest of my small and medium jets (I don’t usually fly anything larger than the CRJ), the spoiler toggle still works fine on the MB-339 and the CRJ, but not on the CJ4 or Longitude. But I have set up separate extend and retract key bindings so I can fly those and the C-22J properly.

@MariopilotPD808 Thank you very much for bringing this little gem to the game!! Its a blast to fly and so far every friend in my virtual group has bought it and enjoys it very much!
Please, don’t drop it, you have a great product that needs updates in textures and some polygon areas (flashlight cable, etc.); with an update, people will enjoy it even more and pass the voice to other friends as well to buy it for sure.
I fly mainly in VR (Reverb G1) and aside of the interior texture quality the rest of the experience is very enjoyable and its FPS acceptable.
Keep the good work and thank you again!
Regards

3 Likes

Thanks for the comments!
I have better textures in the works. I am figuring out many things about MSFS and the completely new toolset it requires. Next up:

• 4K textures (with better bump mapping / PBR, especially inside)
  • geometry smoothing here and there
  • possible bug fixes (if fault of the C-22J and not SU-5)

This aircraft is my learning process (coming from FS-2004/X, please cope with me :slight_smile:

29 Likes

Hello and good day!

Thank you for the response and feedback.
I can tell you we all look forward to these updates and as you let us know its a learning process for you we will support you in the future.
If I may, from a customer point of view, if you can manage to release small frequent updates instead of a big one once in a blue moon that generally shows the work is progressing and then people will welcome them and “cope” with you for sure!
I did mention your update plans to my friends that own the C-22 and they were well received so communication is key. :slight_smile:
If you need VR testers let me know as we will like to help.
Ragards and happy weekend!

I have a VR bug where my dials “zfight” if the instrument light is on.

other than that, it’s my fave fixed wing in msfs!

currently redoing all the blurry text and “slicing” up textures for infinite colour combos. might release to public if allowed, not sure yet.

6 Likes

my personal yellow livery. note button lights are legible and clear to read as well as other text.

Today Ill work on the scratched out “minimums plate”

click image for gallery

9 Likes

Fantastic work! That looks great :slight_smile: Hope you will release it for download at some point.

1 Like

ill leave this up for abit.

its a very very very manual install and will ovverite original files, so back up if you need. Id like to know what you think.

5 Likes

Wow, thanks! Will test it out this afternoon and leave you some feedback later. Much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

oh, @everyone else in the world, these are wip files, dont expect Asobo levels of perfection if you sneakily grab the file.

if you do, please give constructive feedback.

Just did a quick flight and overall it’s very good. Lovely crisp texture on the “fabric parts” (The yellow in this case)

I’m still finding a lot of the text a bit on the blurry side though (I run at 1080p for reference)

Overall it’s a big improvement on default and already worthy of a public release imo. If you can sharpen up the text even more and do something with the light on the underside of the canopy, along with a couple more main colour choices (would love to see a blue version or a different red than the original ) it’ll be a 10/10 for me :slight_smile:

Thanks for your efforts so far. Great stuff.

…and on the plane itself, i hadn’t flow it for a couple of weeks… it really is a fantastic little bird! I usually fly helis exclusively these days, but this is right up there with my top choices when I fancy some fixed wing action. Love it!

1 Like

glad you liked it!

changing the “yellow” is deliberately fairly easy now as the colourscheme is pure white and a color is assigned in photoshop. it’s not instant but can be done fairly painlessly.

I play solely in VR and the text is small but at least, it’s “clear” now, compared to the original, but unless one can move ones camera or has VR done stuff could be bigger.

Once this skin is “done” ill look at a “big print” version for those who need a bit more clarity.

there’s still lots more to do but I the big stuff is done.

ill post here when I next reach a “milestone”

any suggestions welcomed.

1 Like

I did sneakily grab the file and will have a go this evening. Thanks for sharing your work!

1 Like