New Release: Mario Noriega Designs C-22J

Ah thank you for letting me know. I’ll keep an eye out for the offical update then I think even though your work is amazing

3 Likes

thank you! I’ll probably do similar skins once the upgrade comes out so we’ll have loads to choose from.

2 Likes

Based on all the comments I just got the plane from Simmarket. I really really did not expect it to be so good. The sound and feel of this is one of the best in the sim in my opinion. The sound is truly immersive. It is clear that A LOT of work was put into this plane, attention to detail and systems is great.

I do not get it… with this potential, this plane with high-res textures and some more polygons in the 3d model would be worth 30-40 USD in my opinion. Perhaps the price because it is a direct port from FSX.

This will be my “go to” aircraft for longer routes.

Finally, @OrLoK3D , you saved the day with the interior… it looks much much better. Thank you.

5 Likes

it really is a groovy little aircraft.

I too was surprised at how good ot was for the price.

I’m glad my little mod helped a bit, it’s really nice to know I’ve made things a tiny bit better for someone.

I’m definitely going to keep an eye on this dev for any more msfs 2020 releases.

7 Likes

The C22 is derrived from a glider so personally I suspect the problems landing without using spoilers to dump some of the lift are accurate.

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly. This is a very nice plane to fly, easy to trim, totally unique.
It’s extremely stable, but I’ve just flown the MacLoop with it and it proved to be nimble enough.

Yes, the interior textures (seats and upholstery) are not up to par with some other offers, and the brakes make a weird sound (as if the jet engine was spooling up when you press them).

And I do have a hard time getting it down on the runway. Extending the spoilers makes it baloon initially, so that’s not the best option. I may need to try and assign spoilers to a slider and see how it goes.

It’s more than worth its price and one of my favorite planes so far.

1 Like

Gliders are the only thing I’ve flown in real life and trying to landing the C22 without spoilers doesn’t feel that off - but my flying days were quite some years ago so I would want to defer to someone with current experience.

I am still amazed how much value this aircraft is. Dirt cheap for so much coolness!

8 Likes

Absolutely right…there appears to be wanna be developers who have thought hey we can port XYX model into MSFS without too much trouble bundle a few textures and maybe we can push it on to Xbox as well its a good income stream …the GA spectacle of some ported GA aircraft demeans MSFS IMHO…I exclude the current version of this plane re my comments

Sooooo any updates on the textures?

5 Likes

The textures are adequate, the flight model is superb.

No update is required.

1 Like

Not required, but one was promised by the developer.

3 Likes

Correct. My question was based on the dev saying it was coming. Texture upgrade would be nice.

1 Like

don’t know if this has been posted already - but it has the POH and some other items of interest - along with the history of this kind of remarkable aircraft
Caproni C22J (machdiamonds.com)

3 Likes

Oh my, I am very late to this thread. Thank you so much to @MariopilotPD808 for the addon and @OrLoK3D for the awesome mods. I’m so glad to hear this aircraft is still being worked on as it’s one of my favorites for MSFS.

1 Like

Howdy!

A teaser: expected after Sim Update 6, with compatibility fixes, 4K textures also on the exterior!
Coming to MSFS Marketplace as well!

25 Likes

Wow that is a drastic improvement! You’ve done a fantastic job improving it!

2 Likes

will it also come to Xbox marketplace ?

excellent news!

That’s the idea! I am unsure if any additional work will be required for that, MS will tell me. If storage limitations are a constrain, XBOX versions may have to live with 2K textures and a single livery (but still the newer textures, that have more than just upped resolution). Although I hope it will be 100% identical to the PC version.

Keep in mind that I expect MS to take a couple of weeks to verify and publish the aircraft (in both platforms) after I send it to them. Hopefully I will be able to do that next week! If XBOX version will require changes, a bit more wait may be required there…

9 Likes