New Release: Mario Noriega Designs C-22J

I just got my email. thank you!

I’ll start work on my own private interior…again!

excellent stuff, fingers crossed the VR bug is gone.

thanks again!

Thanks Mario! Downloading now.

Thank you Mario. I have just checked it out. Looks great!! Great improvement. Love it.

Mario, thank you! Gonna fly later today!

Thanks for the update!

The special price is VERY tempting.
I’ll have to wait for marketplace though as I fly both on PC and Xbox.
Time to practice some impulse control I guess :rofl:

Good grief…less than £7 until the 23rd of the month? Mario’s lost his mind :rofl: anyone not picking this up now is even more crazy though! :wink:

7 Likes

Just picked this up and for Au$11 with the special, what an absolutle bargain! I’ve been cruising around this arvo with it and what a joy it has been, a bloody blast!
Thanks for this amazing aeroplane. Top stuff!

Back into the skies I go…!

2 Likes

Thank you, downloading the update now!

Caproni-Vizzola C-22J Ventura for MSFS, Version 1.1.6 (for Sim Update 6) Release
To Install the V1.1.6 Update, simply download and run the new installer. If necessary, re-enter your product key.

Version 1.1.6 Change Log:

• Sim Update 6 Compatibility
  • 4K Textures (including bumps and PBR)
  • 3D detailing improvements (can you find them all?)
  • Elevator Trim 50% more responsive
  • Minor sound system adjustments for Wind, Airbrake and throttle levers, brakes.

Fixed bugs:

• Altitude alerter sound is now tied to its electrical circuit
  • Minor 3D model fixes.

Thanks Mario!

2 Likes

Just got the plane and have been enjoying it so far, still learning it’s systems and flight handling.

Some minor complaints so far:

I find that the cockpit ambient whine sound (which I assume would be ventilation fans or cooling fans for the avionics, or maybe some kind of pump) to be a little overbearing. All the other sounds are fine IMO, I just wish I could lower that effect. Perhaps there’s a way I could do it by editing some config or xml file? Also the sound volume sliders in the settings seem to have no effect, but that may just be a bug with MSFS right now.

The bright beige cockpit panel trim really does cause too much reflection on the cockpit, making it hard to see ahead with the sun at certain angles. It doesn’t help that MSFS’s method for reflections can look very grainy too. I downloaded the grey cockpit panel from Flightsim.to, which probably counteracts some of the recent improvements in the latest version, but it’s worth it for easier VFR flying. Some included options for darker cockpit trim would be nice I think.

And the scuffs and marks on the canopy glass are a bit much, I appreciate the sense of realistic wear and tear, but it really just makes me want to grab a cloth and clean it up :stuck_out_tongue: A ‘cleaner’ texture would be less distracting, and better for VFR.

These are just minor personal complaints really, I love the plane so far and will be doing a lot of flying with it. Highly recommended, especially for the price.

Just had a test flight over Crete after the model update @ 1-3,000ft in cloudy weather with low mist.

Awesome - actually made me smile, a lot. The performance was actually better than any other plane I’ve flown in over the last 2 days (been doing some testing of performance hit of add-ons). It took the second longest to load a flight - at only 10 seconds!

In VR it allows me to maintain my solid 30fps - which is plenty for a nice, smooth flight in VR - but the GPU frametime was lower than any other plane - including the default Cub that I compare add-ons to.

Recommend this for fun flights.

1 Like

A more major issue for me that I’ve come across is the lack of roll trim, which for most default planes is functional I think. Rudder trim is absent also. I’m sure the real plane doesn’t have this, but it’s a nice feature to have for sim flying because it’s basically emulating putting a little constant pressure on the stick/pedal to keep the plane going straight.

If this could be enabled somehow that would be great, it’s just a quality of life thing that makes longer journeys a little more relaxing. Also because I usually like to remove the co-pilot that unbalances a two-seater, so roll trim is handy to counteract that.

I bought the plane back in August, I think and I could have sworn back then, that VR Cockpit zoom didn’t work.

I downloaded v1.1.6 today and checked it out. VR cocpit focus totally works and has transformed this bird into something I can totally use in VR. It is indeed amazing value and pretty unique.

I wonder if dev did anything specific to make VR cockpit focus work or if making it SU6 compatible has somehow just made it work?

If you get a chance to comment Mario, it would be very enlightening.

1 Like

Does anyone else have sound issues with this plane? I find the sound cuts out for a few seconds as the wheels lift off the ground, and then again when they touch down.

1 Like

Oh err… Aileron trim seems to be working now after I restarted the sim… It definitely wasn’t working before. Guess it was just MSFS doing MSFS things…

NVM.

Hello!

I have no way to be sure, since I am not VR equipped and could only send it to a buddy for testing. He reported no issues in V1.0

HOWEVER, since I updated the Blender Exporter plugin for MSFS, something may have changed, as now you just can not move your eyepoint out of the cockpit. The MSFS SDK also allows me to see that the collision mesh for the VR pointer is operating properly. Pre SU-5 I could not test this… so I guess this has it fixed!

Aileron / Rudder trims are enabled, even if the AC does not have them technically.

I will keep in mind the sound issues and suggestions. This so much depends on the quality of your speakers (I need better ones!) as I do not hear the avionic sounds much …

1 Like

I checked the sound file structure. There may be an issue here indeed! The miscellaneous cockpit sounds are not assigned to the proper bus, hence you cannot control their volume via the miscellaneous sounds volume setting.

All other sound sliders (engine, etc) do what they should!

Let me accumulate a few more of these … for 1.3.6! (No rest for the wicked!)

3 Likes

I have no way to be sure, since I am not VR equipped and could only send it to a buddy for testing. He reported no issues in V1.0

HOWEVER, since I updated the Blender Exporter plugin for MSFS, something may have changed, as now you just can not move your eyepoint out of the cockpit. The MSFS SDK also allows me to see that the collision mesh for the VR pointer is operating properly. Pre SU-5 I could not test this… so I guess this has it fixed!

Thank you for this. The important thing that I can take from this is, that you did not deliberately fix anything to do with VR Cockpit zoom.

This leads me to believe that any 3rd party aircraft created since SU6 and even ones that have been deliberately updated to suit SU6, might now just work properly with regard to VR.

I gues I will only know if I buy a new plane released since SU6 from a developer who has not previously produced a fully vr compatible plane, and see if it works.

Yes, that would be nice - I hope other devs update their models in this regard, because I was unable to zoom in a couple of them in VR today, and they are also the ones that have the worst gauge readability.

I can read the main gauges in all FS aircraft in VR with Index and Quest, though since SU6 some of them have become a little fuzzy - I think this is a general graphics issue in the sim. I’ve noticed some really weird and unwelcome graphical issues when flying (on the aircraft) and I’m concerned they won’t be fixed at all, but you never know. The props are still not very good and this weird warping around struts etc is just horrible when you are trying to enjoy the view out of a side window/canopy.

Fortunately, the C22 doesn’t suffer any of these (for me) and I didn’t notice any sound issues, either.

1 Like