New Release: Mario Noriega Designs C-22J

Mario, when I’m doing sound work, I always use headphones. Gives you a much clearer soundscape, and it’s less expensive than really good speakers. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for releasing the update to SimMarket!

Been enjoying the plane very much :slight_smile:

The canopy glass texture definitely lets it down a little in many shots though, the scuffs and greasy fingerprints everywhere are a bit much -

Also about the cockpit trim colours and reflections; I noticed that the white/torquoise and camo liveries have dark front areas under the glass which helps minimise bright reflections when looking ahead, though they still have some bright beige trim on the panel front which shows up often. The other three liveries have much brighter front sections under the glass, which can really cause problems with the sun at lower angles. This sort of thing can be fixed with some mods and I guess it’s just a foible of the design, so it’s not really a major issue, just thought I’d point it out.

Thanks for making this, looking forwards to flying hundreds more miles with it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

When trying to install the update (downlaod via simmarket) Defender says that it contains a virus and deletes the file:

Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl
Downloads\Setup_C22J_MSFS_V1.1.6.exe|https://download13.simmarket.com/pub/.1636101810onmvpkiemsuermj.2802960/Setup_C22J_MSFS_V1.1.6.exe|pid:9284,ProcessStart:132805756478215620

Anybody else?

I reconsidered the idea of buying this from Marketplace and bought this plane from simmarket for my PC.

3 Likes

No mate - didn’t have that at all. I just get the usual unsigned warning when starting the installer - apart from that it’s plane sailing ('scuse the pun :slightly_smiling_face: )

Had no problem with it when i installed and just scanned it again with windows defender… No issues at all.

Welcome back to the dark side! Muahahahaha! (Dr. Evil face with pinky finger)

1 Like

This occurred with V1.0 as well. For precaution, I submitted the file to Windows Defender as a “false positive”. They shall simply put it into a greenlight database.

Defender does not even scan the file. It simply decides that an unsigned installer is no good. But if I were to buy a code signing subscription, it will make more economical sense to release it as freeware in a ZIP file …

4 Likes

I figured out the aileron trim not working thing. If I load in on to the runway with the plane already started, roll trim does nothing. If I load in on a ramp, start everything up, then take off that way then roll trim works as expected.

I haven’t done extensive testing yet but I tried a Savage Cub from the runway and it didn’t have this issue, so I’m wondering if it’s a bug with this plane.

I love this airplane! It’s a steal at less than 10 bucks. Great quality, a quirky little airplane I never heard of before. It’s tiny. You sit on the runway like in an Italian sports car. VFR only. Study level functionality. 77 page detailed POH. Very flexible. Stalls at 70 kn but can go 200 too. Great challenge to operate and navigate. Graphics are very good. The engines are thirsty and you won’t cross an ocean in this thing which suits my flying style of no-GPS no-AP Hand flying in VFR.

For home cockpit users, it’s important to know gear lever has three positions and the flap switch must be held in position to move the flaps, so normal GA lever setups don’t work without modification (and at first I thought the electrical system is broken because neither radio nor gear nor flaps worked when used the external switches).

My new favorite airplane. Flew extensively in VR and it´s great! Everything works very well. I recommend it for everyone who wants some realism in flying (no zooming around in arcade level fighter jets) and likes to operate a complex vintage aircraft but still wants to go faster than in a Mooney or twin engine GA plane. I say complex because it’s all analog but actually it’s simpler to operate than most turboprops because the entire aircraft is constructed more simple (no prop setting or torque to look after).

4 Likes

The plane is equipped for IFR.
It doesn’t have a GPS but that’s not mandatory as long as you have suitable radio nav kit like VOR, DME and ADF.

1 Like

Flown probably around 2000 miles in this thing by now, easily my favourite plane.

One thing I’m not sure about is the engine boost pump switches, I don’t know if they actually affect the aircraft’s performance other than adding a little more noise in the cockpit. Do they have an actual function in the sim aicraft?

4 Likes

The POH says it’s approved to fly in VFR conditions only, though:

poh

1 Like

Since it never got beyond prototype stage it’s possible it was never certified for IFR.

It’s equipped for IFR operations and seems to work just fine in them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Keep in mind that it doesn’t have structural de-ice. It does have the windscreen de-ice though. I haven’t tested it through some serious icing clouds yet, so not sure how it will react.

1 Like

Yes, I can confirm it works fine in IFR conditions. I already had to fly a LOC DME approach because the weather at the destination was worse than I had expected.

Does anyone have reliable information / experience on endurance / range? Unfortunately, there is nothing on cruise performance in the POH, but maybe someone has recommendations for a cruise configuration and an estimated fuel burn?

1 Like

Hi,

just wanted to say a lovely plane for the price!

Just some Textures need some higher Quality but not really Bad or so…

Was not sure about this, but for the price its a no brainer… and lovely to see the devoloper is active in the forum :slight_smile:

thanks!

3 Likes

Where is the vertical information for approaches? In my variant, I have a HSI and VOR2, both directional info only. Or did I miss something?

I don’t think there is vertical information with this HSI, at least from what I can tell from the manual. Just have to use the altimiter and vertical speed indicators, and know the altitude of the runway.

I’ve also been wondering about the effective range of the plane, there’s some conflicting information from different places. Wikipedia has:

Range: 740 km (460 mi, 400 nmi) on internal fuel
and
Cruise speed: 324 km/h (201 mph, 175 kn) (econ cruise, at 3,000 m (10,000 ft))

But elsewhere and for the info in the sim it’s 650nm.

I just did another leg of my Miami to Seattle flight in the C-22J. I flew 456nm in 2 hours 14 minutes, I climbed to 10000 feet and flew at 180 knots for roughly half of it, 200 for the rest. I started with max fuel and ended with 7%.

I couldn’t find a fuel efficiency chart in the manual, so not too sure what the optimal N% would be for max range flights.

2 Likes